Bloody Mary anyone?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
... Okay, not the drink!

What do you know about the Bloody Mary?

Taken from Wikipedia:
Bloody Mary is a folklore legend consisting of a ghost or spirit conjured to reveal the future. She is said to appear in a mirror when her name is called three times. The Bloody Mary apparition may be benign or malevolent, depending on historic variations of the legend. The Bloody Mary appearances are mostly "witnessed" in group participation games.

In the ritual of today, Bloody Mary allegedly appears to individuals or groups (usually teenagers) who ritualistically invoke her name, usually by repeatedly chanting her name in a mirror placed in a room that is usually lit by a candle. The Bloody Mary apparition allegedly appears as a corpse, a witch or ghost; can be friendly or evil; and is sometimes "seen" covered in blood. The lore surrounding the ritual (if she is summoned properly) states that participants may endure the apparition screaming at them, cursing them, strangling them, stealing their soul, drinking their blood, or scratching their eyes out.
Do you know people who actually tried it? Or did you try it yourself? What happened?

Let us know if you ever heard stories or accounts related to the Bloody Mary.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
We used to play it as kids, giggling the whole time... :p
Nothing ever happened, no Bloody Mary...

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
It's funny (or not). I don't really believe in it, but I refuse to try it!!!!

Incidentally, the version I heard was that you are supposed to say "I hate bloody Mary".

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Incidentally, the version I heard was that you are supposed to say "I hate bloody Mary".
I feel exactly the same. I don't believe it to be real, but I wouldn't try it either. So, why are we refusing to try it? LOL

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

I feel exactly the same. I don't believe it to be real, but I wouldn't try it either. So, why are we refusing to try it? LOL

Well, I'm somewhat religious and I don't hate Mary, so, it's not something I want to proclaim, but yes, IF we don't really believe it works, then why do we have a problem with trying??!! Good question.