Boycott the NFL

Physics vs Jaden

Amazing Person
Zenith
I've been a die-hard Redskins fan since I was 7, and I am so fed-up with this. I refuse to watch the NFL, I canceled my NFL Redzone, and also decided not to go to a Redskins game I was playing to go to. Haven't watched football since Week 1. I know a U.S. Army Vet that is so mad, he is a die-hard Giants fan (I live in New York, I'm the weird one for liking the Redskins) and said that it's the first time he didn't watch football on a weekend. I'm thinking of burning my stuff. If I do I'll post it here (y)

Carl Miller

My take on the issue says something about the due respect a citizen owes to his country's flag and national anthem.
Likewise when we are obliged to attend Mass in a Catholic church we do not turn our back to the altar even if we do not belong to that specific religious denomination.

Last edited:

Carl Miller

Many members here are from different countries. What would be your reaction if people didn't respect your flag or sacrifices?
We need to take a stand, not kneel, for what we believe in.
I think this is becoming a 'world' thing.

Our country has been torn apart by political corruption, the highest taxes in the world, drug dealing, poverty and even misery.
Despite all the aforementioned defying the sense of dignity we 'still' pay our respect to the national symbols.
At school (my territory) if a student misbehaves during the playing of the national anthem if he is underage we phone their parents to report such an attitude.
Now we do not oblige students to sing the anthem along.
In my humble opinion a sport 'league' whatever. May it be basketball, baseball, what have you must obey the protocol.
If they will not they shall be punished because it is a disrespect.

ZeoEmeraude

I love the game of football. The recent events regarding the National Anthem and "taking a knee" has not detracted me from enjoying a game. There are bigger issues in the world than this. It is singular and it is a diversionary tactic to take your eyes away from the real issues in the world. Do not be swayed. If you like the game...then watch. If you find an issue with the past week's events and decide that you would rather not watch...then that is your choice. We watch football, baseball, etc. to take our minds off of the troubles of this world and country and escape the throes of politics. If we involve our pastimes with rhetoric..then they have achieved their goals...more disinformation and spin-doctoring.