Breaking News: DRACULA Found On Mars

Num7

Administrator
Staff
The resemblence of a Martian rock to a coffin has got UFO enthusiasts excited, with some demanding that NASA stop studying Martian geology until Curiosity has checked the object out.

As a publicly funded agency, NASA releases all the images from its spacecraft and rovers. This is great both for science and public awareness, but it does make it easy for conspiracy theorists to go to town. The latest example is the image at the top, which is a close-up of this, more innocuous image which is visible with thousands of others at NASA's site.

uxgq8azbcknggvultc0n.jpg

If you can sit through the entire video you can wintess 13 minutes of “UFOlogist" Will Farrar explaining how he found the image, fiddling with the color scheme and getting excited by how some of the rocks in the area look like they were carved by alien civilizations. To his credit Farrar isn't actually suggesting that a hyperintelligent species crossed the vast gulf between the stars so they could leave a coffin on the surface of the solar system's fourth planet. The text below the video starts with, “Before you bother commenting and wasting your time. NOBODY HERE THINKS ITS A REAL COFFIN. It is SHAPED like a coffin or long rectangular box.”

Read more:
Breaking News: DRACULA Found On Mars | IFLScience

darwi

Mars always did have humanoid life. So did the planet Maldek, which the Japanese destroyed in an earlier incarnation, causing it to blow apart and become our asteroid belt, before they started incarnating on Earth.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
As a publicly funded agency, NASA releases all the images from its spacecraft and rovers.

I really wish I could believe that...

I agree. If there is something unusual I know they'd hide it.

Of course I've never heard anyone taking the viewpoint that maybe NASA has airbrushed in anomalous objects into the publicly released photos. Why not? We have jokers everywhere. Surely there must be some working for NASA.

Wind7

Staff
"My God..it's full of stars!" :) It is an intrigueing photo. There's so much we don't know.