Brita Filtration Systems

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I bought a Brita pitcher last week. Tap water at my home smells a little bit and keeps a very subtle taste even when refrigerated. It's very subtle, but I find it somewhat annoying sometimes. I had someone at work tell me out of the blue that Brita make good water filters and that he loves them.

Water filtered with my pitcher doesn't taste or smell anything. Up to now, it seems to be working as expected. I like the result.

Do you guys buy that stuff? What do you think of it?

TnWatchdog

I got one and love it...city water is terrible and I can really tell how bad it is when I make coffee. I like my coffee straight up so if the water tastes like crap your coffee will too...no cream or sugar to cover it up. I don't buy water at the store now, which saves money. Don't forget to give the good water to your pets.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I have a Culligan reverse osmosis system under my sink AND a water softener, because Florida water has sulfur, metals, and chlorine in it. I've never heard anyone complain about a Brita filter, though. Florida water stinks like sulfur if you don't filter it. It's harmless, but disgusting. Our sprinklers smell like rotten eggs.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
I have a big Brita filter/pitcher I keep in my fridge... I love it. And having ice cold water on hand makes it easier to resist other beverages, such as soda (one of my weaknesses)... :)

trekie4ever

I have this pur drop device. It's a little cone, you fill the top component with water and and filters through. Great for traveling and camping. And zombie apocalypse.

I also have a Brita sports bottle with a filter. Though I took out the filter and just use it for my tea haha

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Good quality water helps a lot to avoid drinking those soda and other beverages completely saturated with sugar. We're not even gonna talk about diet soda...

Absorbing less sugar is a great start for a better health.

trekie4ever

Good quality water helps a lot to avoid drinking those soda and other beverages completely saturated with sugar. We're not even gonna talk about diet soda...

Look up Candida. Since I started taking probiotics a while ago? My sugar cravings have seriously decreased. I was able to nearly cut sugar out my diet. Cutting it out completely is actually unhealthy. (Fruits and such :) )

TimeFlipper

Look up Candida. Since I started taking probiotics a while ago? My sugar cravings have seriously decreased. I was able to nearly cut sugar out my diet. Cutting it out completely is actually unhealthy. (Fruits and such :) )
Yep i looked up Candida as you suggested and discovered it was a naughty little fungus that affects ladies parts and the mouth :eek:
I bet you are more careful now about the ladies that you kiss, and do other things with ;):D

trekie4ever

Yep i looked up Candida as you suggested and discovered it was a naughty little fungus that affects ladies parts and the mouth :eek:
I bet you are more careful now about the ladies that you kiss, and do other things with ;):D

You must have missed the part where it's a naturally occurring organism in your GI tract that is easily thrown out of whack due to high levels of sugar consumption. That it causes a whole range of problems.

But at least now I know you aren't the best at finding good sources for information ;)