BS! 'Preppers' being labeled 'Mentally unstable' over School Shootings

Samstwitch

Smells like BS.jpg

It's BS! 'Preppers' are being labeled 'not mentally stable' (mentally unstable) over the recent school shootings. This will be another excuse for disarming Americans. Article below. Underline emphasis mine.

The Killer's Mother Was Preparing for the End of the World

It's being reported by a number of sources that the mind of Nancy Lanza, the mother of the mass killer, was convinced that the world would end soon and that she and her son could survive (fend, hunt, collect wood) in the ruins of this civilization...Last night it also emerged Nancy was a member of the Doomsday Preppers movement, which believes people should prepare for end of the world.Her former sister-in-law Marsha said she had turned her home ‘into a fortress’. She added: ‘Nancy had a survivalist philosophy which is why she was stockpiling guns. She had them for defense. ‘She was stockpiling food. She grew up on a farm in New Hampshire. She was skilled with guns. We talked about preppers and preparing for the economy collapsing.’ It's now beginning to look like the mother was also not mentally stable. If she was indeed a "prepper," she was indeed in need of help herself. You know neoliberal ideology has reached a state of perfection/insanity when some of its subjects see the collapse of the economy as a natural disaster (volcanoes erupting, an astroid slamming into the planet, a towering tsunami). But the closest thing to an apocalypse did not come to her but came from her distorted mind.

TnWatchdog

I hear on the radio FEMA ads saying to always be prepared for an emergency and if you do you are a mental case. Take the guns, load up the food, and let's use martial law to lock these "crazy preppers" up. Who are the real crazy ones out there? There is too much BS in this world and this is just another example...calling a person in survival mode mentally unstable.

Samstwitch

NY_NYP.jpg

Survivalists worry ‘preppers’ will be scapegoated for Newtown shooting

Sunday's New York Post coverEver since a relative of Newtown, Conn., shooter Adam Lanza suggested that his mother, Nancy Lanza, was a "survivalist" who stockpiled food and weapons, "preppers" have gone online to express concern that they may become targets of unwelcome attention.

"She prepared for the worst," Nancy Lanza's sister-in-law, Marsha Lanza, told reporters last weekend. "Last time we visited her in person, we talked about prepping—are you ready for what could happen down the line, when the economy collapses?"

Preppers, also known as survivalists, have been popularized by the National Geographic reality show "Doomsday Preppers." They range from people who believe the world will end soon to those who want to be better prepared in case a natural disaster hits.

Some preppers pursue "shelter in place" strategies, turning their homes into fortresses and stockpiling food, while others plan to flee their homes when the time comes and survive in the wilderness. Many swap tips and stories on online message boards, where discussions about Nancy Lanza and the possible blowback on preppers from her apparent connection to the community sparked debate over the weekend.

Adam Lanza, 20, is believed to have shot his mother while she slept before driving to a nearby elementary school and killing six adults and 20 children. People who knew Nancy Lanza, 52, and her son have told reporters that she took Adam to shooting ranges and legally owned five guns. It's suspected that three of the guns recovered at the scene of the crime belonged to his mother. On Sunday, the New York Post ran a cover story that seemed to lay blame for the shooting at her feet, titled "Gun-obsessed mom taught murderer son to shoot: Trained to Kill."

One leading prepper, Daisy Luther, was outraged by the cover, and wrote on her blog the Organic Prepper that the media is using the shootings to "demonize" preppers and that the tactic may be a form of "psychological warfare."

"I don’t know why Adam Lanza went on a rampage and killed 26 people last week. But I do know that it wasn’t because his mother was a homeschooling prepper who stored up food and taught him to fire a gun at a paper target," she wrote.

An anonymous poster on the conspiracy website GodlikeProductions also worried that preppers may now become "targets" to blame for the tragedy. "If I was you guys I'd keep any prepper type activities close to the vest," the poster wrote.

Others commented that preppers need to be more careful in keeping their weapons locked away. "I may be out of line (and i know you guys will let me know if i am!) but i am thinking that if i had guns in the same house with a [mentally ill] son, i would have invested in a gun safe and kept the keys on me," wrote one prepper named Peter Simcox on SurvivalistBoards.com. "A good prepper is going to secure the arms almost as a first reponsibility."

Other preppers chimed in to say that it's still unknown how Adam Lanza accessed the weapons in the first place and that they might have been locked away. A friend of the family told NBC's the "Today" show that Nancy Lanza insisted her son use weapons responsibly and taught him to do so when they went to ranges for target practice together.

"Guns require a lot of respect, and she really tried to instill that responsibility within him, and he took to it," friend Russell Hanoman said. "He loved being careful with them. He made it a source of pride."

Khaos

where the wild things are
You ever heard of Weekly World News? They had a magazine series that used to run for a few decades. Sadly they stopped production a few years ago. New York Post is a spinoff of WWN. Its just a bunch of propaganda and satire. And that other "news" article is actually someone's blog.

slog.thestranger.com

Come on people. You're not that gullible are you? :/

Samstwitch

You ever heard of Weekly World News? They had a magazine series that used to run for a few decades. Sadly they stopped production a few years ago. New York Post is a spinoff of WWN. Its just a bunch of propaganda and satire. And that other "news" article is actually someone's blog.

slog.thestranger.com

Come on people. You're not that gullible are you? :/

It was Headlining in the Main Stream News on Yahoo. Maybe you should tell them. :rolleyes:

HDRKID

Obviously they want to grab guns. However, here is the real reason. It is out lined by this um prepper.
Backyard Liberty

Most of us can google what he is selling us, or see the you tube movies.

Basically, we need a protein source. Goats eat weeds to provide milk as well as chickens eat bugs to provide eggs. He talks about a mini fish farm and aquaponics. Dad was doing this years ago. It is nothing new.

TimeTravel_00

You know what the real issue here is that nobody has mentioned? Where in the hell was the boys father? This never would have happened if he had taken his son on an annual hunting trip or taught him about the dangers of firearms. I'm designating Lanza's father as a top priority for timeline intervention objective.

HDRKID

OK is food hoarding Christian? That is an interesting question for many of us. People should get ready for a coming emergency. Certain foods are easy to store - beans and rice. Please add honey and sugar. Also, there is in my storage some vinegar. Actually, I think that a bland diet gets boring so I have added some spices. :)

Samstwitch

QUESTION: OK is food hoarding Christian?

That question is twofold.

Answer: YES it is Christian to be wise and prudent and prepare for upcoming disasters, i.e. storing food, prepping. (Bible Prophecy foretells of upcoming disasters.) NO it is not Christian to hoard your food and shoot hungry people when the days come when people will be in need.

The woman in this video said exactly what I say. According to the Bible, in Egypt, Joseph spent 7 years preparing and storing food for an upcoming FAMINE that the king dreamed about. When the famine came to Egypt, people were saved, because of Joseph's efforts .

Noah and his family stored animals and supplies on the Ark when God forewarned him of an upcoming disaster. When the flood came, everyone else died, because they did not believe and did not prepare.

So Prepping IS a Christian thing to do. Mormons also do it.

Shooting people who are hungry is NOT a Christian thing to do.

BlastTyrant

I was Raised Mormon and as far back as i can remember when i use to go they preached it every Sunday to do a food storage and your own mini garden of fresh Vege's and fruits.