Building a 1.35 Million Volt Tesla coil

steven chiverton

the tesla coil like a giant spark plug people build them fire them up thats about all they do no ones looking for more ideas from them and coming up with something useful from them from just firing sparks they use them like show pieces and do stupid things with them like electrifying themselves and walking around like a human spark canon

TheMedic2001

the tesla coil like a giant spark plug people build them fire them up thats about all they do no ones looking for more ideas from them and coming up with something useful from them from just firing sparks they use them like show pieces and do stupid things with them like electrifying themselves and walking around like a human spark canon
Yup there should be a better use for them. Tessy said that he could transmit images and sound with it one guy learned how to move water using a tesla coil as a base. This thing is Tessy's way of saying continue my work its a shame they use it as a toy when this very thing is a template for something revolutionary :/

The_Observer

Yup there should be a better use for them. Tessy said that he could transmit images and sound with it one guy learned how to move water using a tesla coil as a base. This thing is Tessy's way of saying continue my work its a shame they use it as a toy when this very thing is a template for something revolutionary :/
Think of how stupid the average human is and how much they are unaware of science and reality. It takes a long time for a society to progress technologically as a whole. For example, a "metric" is something we observe in nature, which never changes, and which all of us will agree on is real. These things will become self evident as we align our mental models to match nature. This takes a long time; I'm talking generations upon generations for simple ideals to be embedded into one's consciousness. It's sort of like religion and faith. People are brought up to have faith in religion which is deeply ingrained into their personalities. This type of knowledge is faith-like and there needs to be countless amounts of proof upon proof for it to be accepted as factual.

Airplanes fly. We have proof, and we use them. We know how it works. Take that information back 300 years and they'll all laugh at you and think you're insane or a dumbass. If we never had a practical use of flight, we likely wouldn't have airplanes and we might think the notion of flying is still ridiculous.

My point in all this, is people playing with Tesla coils is not stupid or pointless. It's a societal progression towards the next evolutionary step in technological advancements. Tesla was way.....way ahead of his time - but he did the important works while there was still a technological "war" going on - gas and oil wasn't the monopoly it is today and people were readily experimenting with producing cleaner energies. Eventually someone will look back on all the play done with the coils and find a more practical use for it. We're still in the age of dirty electricity; it could be centuries before we've broken free.