Bush = Hitler?

Lagnar

Bush = Hitler?

First, this fella's credentials:

Chuck Baldwin is Founder-Pastor of Crossroads Baptist Church in Pensacola, Florida. In 1985, the church was recognized by President Ronald Reagan for its unusual growth and influence.

While he originally planned on a career in law enforcement, Chuck \"answered the divine call to Gospel ministry\" and decided instead to attend Bible school. He ultimately earned his Bachelor's and Master's degrees in theology, and was later awarded two honorary doctorates in the field.

He is the host of Chuck Baldwin Live, a daily, two hour long radio call-in show on the events of the day. In addition to writing two books of theology ? \"Subjects Seldom Spoken On\" and \"This Is The Life\" ? he has edited and produced \"The Freedom Documents,\" a collection of fifty of the greatest documents of American history.

In 2004, Chuck was the vice presidential nominee for the Constitution Party. Chuck, 52, and his wife Connie are the parents of three children and grandparents of six.
Yeah, we've heard of him before on a couple other threads, but I reviewed the info we have and this seems a little more complete.

And now on to his comparison:

[font=arial,helvetica]
[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Remembering the lessons of Germany's past[/font]
?

?​
? ? ? ?
[font=arial,helvetica]
baldwin.jpg
[/font]
? ? ? ?
[font=arial,helvetica] Chuck Baldwin[/font]

? ? ? ?​
? ? ? ? ?[font=arial,helvetica]June 16, 2005[/font]
? ?

For years, I struggled to comprehend how the good people of Germany could allow someone such as Adolph Hitler to lead them into what became World War II. After all, before Hitler's rise to power, Germany had a rich Christian heritage. The Reformation out of the Dark Ages had its roots deeply imbedded in Germany and surrounding countries.

Furthermore, Germany has long produced some of the most intelligent and creative people on the planet! Many of the world's greatest engineers and scientists have come from Germany and Austria. When it comes to knowledge and education, the Germanic people take a back seat to no one.

How, then, could the good, intelligent people of Germany follow and support someone such as Hitler? For years I struggled to find the answer to that puzzle. Now, I believe I understand.

Obviously, one does not gain the trust and confidence of people by portraying himself as a monster. Does anyone truly believe that the German people would have supported Hitler if they had thought he was some kind of ogre? As with most leaders, Hitler preached faith, family, and patriotism. His speeches were laced with references to God. He personally claimed Christ to be his Savior. Even his adopted Nazi symbol was created around the Christian cross. As far as the German people were concerned, Adolph Hitler was loyal to historic, conservative Christian values. Why should they have thought otherwise?

However, it did not take long for Hitler to begin turning Germany from an independent, peaceful republic into an aggressive global empire. And it is at this point that the German people, and especially the German church, must share culpability for Hitler's sins.

First, On March 23, 1933, the newly elected members of the Reichstag (the German Parliament) met in the Kroll Opera House in Berlin to consider passing Hitler's \"Erm?chtigungsgesetz\" or, The \"Enabling Act.\" This Act was officially called the \"Law for Removing the Distress of the People and the Reich.\"

Opponents of the \"Enabling Act\" rightly warned that, if adopted, the Act would make Hitler a de facto dictator. They worried that the Act would dismantle constitutional liberties. History would prove that their worries were valid.

At the time, however, it was anything but certain that Hitler would prevail in convincing German lawmakers to pass his \"Enabling Act.\" Then, suddenly, terrorists struck the Reichstag building [hmm...indeed].

After the Reichstag was burned on February 28, 1933, President Hindenburg and Hitler invoked Article 48 of the Weimar Constitution, which permitted the suspension of civil liberties during national emergencies. As a result, freedom of the press, free expression of opinion, individual property rights, right of assembly and association, right to privacy of postal and electronic communications, states' rights of self-government, and protection against unlawful searches and seizures were suspended. Shortly afterward, the \"Enabling Act\" was passed, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Of course, historians have widely speculated that it was Nazis, themselves, that had set the fire in order to facilitate passage of the \"Enabling Act\" and ensconce Hitler as Germany's Fuhrer. No one knows for sure who burned the Reichstag, but what we do know is that Hitler used that act of terrorism to gain the support of the people as a \"wartime president.\"

The German people were convinced that their country was under attack and that Hitler was the leader who could protect them. Consider the statement of one of Hitler's most trusted cabinet members, Hermann Goering, \"The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.\" (Source: Transcript of Nuremberg Trials)

Compare Goering's statement to former Attorney General John Ashcroft who, in defending the USA Patriot Act (which does much the same thing as Hitler's \"Enabling Act\") said, \"To those who scare peace-loving people with phantoms of lost liberty, my message is this: Your tactics only aid terrorists, for they erode our national unity and diminish our resolve.\" (Source: Press Report, Center for Public Integrity)

Is it only a coincidence (or a repeat of history) that Republicans have introduced a bill in Congress to nullify the 22nd Amendment thereby opening the door for President George W. Bush to become permanent president? (Source: U.S. House of Representatives, H.J. Res. 24 \"Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the 22nd amendment to the Constitution\" introduced February 17, 2005.)

Add to H.J. Res. 24 the World Net Daily report that \"A former Bush team member during his first administration is now voicing serious doubts about the collapse of the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001.

\"Morgan Reynolds, former chief economist for the Department of Labor during President George W. Bush's first term, says the official story about the collapse of the Twin Towers is 'bogus' and that it is more likely that a controlled demolition destroyed them and adjacent Building No. 7.\"

WND quotes Reynolds as stating further, \"Only professional demolition appears to account for the full range of facts associated with the collapse of the three buildings.\"

Whether the Twin Towers and Building 7 were brought down via \"an inside job\" or not, one thing is certain: the attacks of September 11, 2001 became the catalyst that propelled Congressmen to quickly pass the USA Patriot Act even though none of them had read it.

Much is being made over the fact that on Wednesday of this week, the House of Representatives removed some \"sneak and peek\" features regarding public libraries from the Patriot Act. Of course, President Bush is livid and is threatening to veto the bill without that segment of the Act included. However, what few people seem to notice is that a host of egregiously unconstitutional abridgments of freedom remain intact in the Patriot Act.

Under the Patriot Act, government agents can conduct searches in your home or business and search your belongings without informing you and without a court order. Government agents are permitted to arrest and detain individuals and to hold them indefinitely, without being charged with a crime, and without being allowed access to an attorney. In other words, the Patriot Act (like Hitler's \"Enabling Act\") expunges our Fourth Amendment protections against illegal searches and seizures and our right to be secure in our persons, houses, papers, and effects.

Furthermore, the Patriot Act (like Hitler's \"Enabling Act\") destroys our Fifth Amendment right to be held for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, without an indictment of a grand jury. The Patriot Act also eviscerates a citizen's constitutional right of Habeas Corpus.

The point is, as with Hitler's Germany, so, too, the American people, and especially America's churches, are willingly and enthusiastically surrendering constitutional liberties in order to accommodate President Bush's desires for authoritarian power as a \"wartime president.\"

Consider, too, Hitler's invasion of Germany's neighbors. People cheered as German troops attacked other nations. And even though those nations had not participated in any attack against Germany, Hitler had convinced people that preemptive attacks against those nations were necessary as they would make Germany \"more secure.\" Does this or does this not sound just like President Bush's justification for invading Iraq?

Once again, please remember that the German people believed Hitler to be a patriotic, Christian man. As a result, Hitler had the unflinching support of Germany's conservative Christian ministers. How else would they be persuaded to follow Hitler into the nightmare of the Nazi regime?

Remember, also, that to most German ministers, the Nazi Party was \"God's Party.\" They really believed they were being faithful to God by being faithful to Hitler. Therefore, should we not be concerned today when we hear of Christian ministers excommunicating church members who do not support President Bush or the Republican Party? Should not \"red flags\" go up in our minds when we hear Christian ministers excuse Bush's unconstitutional conduct by proclaiming, \"Bush is God's man for America, therefore, we cannot criticize him!\"?

Yes, my friends, it is now obvious to me how Adolph Hitler seized power in Germany, because the same principles that Hitler used in the 1930's are being used by America's leaders today.

Am I saying that I believe President Bush is another Hitler? Of course not (OH REALLY?!?). I am saying, however, that the same tactics and strategies being used by President Bush are eerily similar to those of the former German leader's. Certainly, we all pray for a fate far better than that of Hitler's Germany. But to obtain a better future for America, it is obligatory that we remember the lessons of Germany's past.(old news...however ignored)[font=arial,helvetica].

[/font][font=arial,helvetica]

I've seen this camparison many times before (which is where the squared [?] symbol in the title of this thread comes from), yet never so clearly and concisely stated as this. The only changes I've made are bolding things I thought were particularly important to read twice.

Here's the source's link:

http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/baldwin/050616

I can't believe this story is two weeks old and none of us have found it yet...he's been quoted a couple times before. Also, I must commend this man for being in the clergy and having the guts to do what he does, especially when so obviously contrasting the third paragraph up from the bottom which must certainly bring him some sense of rocking the boat of his proffession and bringing certain ridicule from among his peers.[/font]

StarLord

Re: Bush = Hitler?

Or perhaps the folks that have backed that family and put them into that seat of power. If you have ever watched that Wman 'off camera' acting natural, and read some of the questions he was overheard to have asked other countries leaders, you pretty much get a clue that he's not the one to blame, he's just a puppet.

Not to even mention W's grandfather Prescott Bush financing Hitler himself..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Or perhaps the folks that have backed that family and put them into that seat of power. ?If you have ever watched that ?Wman 'off camera' acting natural, ?and read some of the questions he was overheard to have asked other countries leaders, ?you pretty much get a clue that he's not the one to blame, ?he's just a puppet.[/b]

Sorry Starlord, but at the very least he's guilty of selling it, he isn't innocent.

Whitelight

[font=arial,helvetica][font=arial,helvetica]Interesting article, a very good comparasion. A few small details which don't add up. I will get more on those when I get a chance to go some older articles. I will say leadership wise shadows from Hitlers Era do have an eriee mirror with modern events. However personality wise, Hitler in comparsion to Bush is like comparing, appeles and organges.

Somthing I did want to point out. Its more or less common knowledge, and I wasn't sure how the article author missed it.

He personally claimed Christ to be his Savior. Even his adopted Nazi symbol was created around the Christian cross.
[/font][/font]

http://www.indiaprofile.com/religion-cultu...re/swastika.htm

Lagnar

If this was something that could just go away, instead of being pounded into our ever so professionally distracted skulls, I don't think I'd pay as much attention, but it's simply not going away, and it just keeps feeling more and more real. I feel as though I'd have to count myself a completely intellectual neophyte to NOT notice this comparison STARING US ALL IN THE FACE. I wonder that if I was a member of another nation if I would have seen everything more clearly far earlier.

I am becoming very emotionally involved in this, and I don't know where my mind will take me next, but hopefully, it's to a labotomy of cotton candy, triple point spreads, and big double-D cups a plenty.

Anxiety is running high...maybe that should be the new standard for emergency status in this nation.

July 16, 2005

American President Granted ?Absolute? Power by US Federal Court, Not Since Rise of Hitler Has Western Nation Granted Such Dictatorial Rights to Leader

In perhaps one of the most shocking events since the rise to power of Nazi Germany?s Adolph Hitler, the United States Federal Court Judges have conferred upon the American President complete dictatorial powers to wage war and rule his Empire as he, and only he, sees fit.

The facts of this US Federal Court Ruling we can read as reported by the Associated Press News Service in their article titled \"Federal court rules against ex-bin Laden driver\" and which says; \"A federal appeals court put the Bush administration?s military commissions for terrorist suspects back on track Friday, saying a detainee at the Guantanamo Bay prison who once was Osama bin Laden?s driver can stand trial. A three-judge panel ruled 3-0 against Salim Ahmed Hamdan, whose case was halted by a federal judge on grounds that commission procedures were unlawful. ?Congress authorized the military commission that will try Hamdan,? said the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.

The protections of the 1949 Geneva Convention do not apply to al-Qaida and its members, so Hamdan does not have a right to enforce its provisions in court, the appeals judges said. U.S. District Judge James Robertson ruled last year that Hamdan could not be tried by a military commission until a competent tribunal determined that he was not a prisoner of war.

?We believe the military commission is such a tribunal,? said the appeals court. President Bush created the military commissions after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, opening a legal channel for alleged al-Qaida terrorists and their associates to be tried for war crimes. Hamdan?s lawyers said Bush violated the separation of powers in the Constitution when he established military commissions. The court disagreed, saying Bush relied on Congress?s joint resolution authorizing the use of force after the Sept. 11 attacks, as well as two congressionally enacted laws. ?We think it no answer to say, as Hamdan does, that this case is different because Congress did not formally declare war,? said the decision by appeals court judge A. Raymond Randolph.

Congress authorized the president to use all necessary and appropriate force in the war on terrorism.\" Two lawyers representing Hamdan, Neal Katyal and Navy Lt. Commander Charles D. Swift, said the appeals court ruling ?is contrary to 200 years of constitutional law.? Katyal said Hamdan will seek further appeals. ?Today?s ruling places absolute trust in the president, unchecked by the Constitution, statutes of Congress, and longstanding treaties ratified by the Senate of the United States,? the two defense lawyers said in a statement.\"

Also repeating history is the fact that the only institution in the United States that have fought against these new dictatorial powers has been the United States Military, and who like their German counterparts during the rise of Hitler have also attempted to keep an American Dictatorship from forming. As the American Navy Lt. Commander Charles D. Swift has been quoted by the Associated Press, ?[This ruling] is contrary to 200 years of constitutional law. Today?s ruling places absolute trust in the president, unchecked by the Constitution, statutes of Congress, and longstanding treaties ratified by the Senate of the United States.?

It has also not been lost upon current historians the remarkable similarities between the rise of the American Empire and the Nazi Empire of last century, and as exampled by the American writer Doris Colmes who in surviving the barbarities of life under the Nazi?s is now seeing a repeat of history, and as we can read in her commentary titled ?Enabling the Patriot Act\" and which says;

\"At the end of the school year of June, 1938, my parents received a polite, but firm letter from Dr. Gregor Ziemer, headmaster of \"The American School of Berlin,\" stating that Jewish children were no longer permitted to attend. It was the only school I?d ever known, from kindergarten up through fifth grade, and I loved it. My older sisters liked it, too, because ? amongst other things ? there were a lot of cute American boys in attendance and everybody spoke English. It wasn?t just American School, though: Jewish kids were no longer allowed into any schools whatsoever.

This rejection was based on an edict formulated by the German \"Enabling Act\" of 1933, which gave the Nazi government incalculable powers over individuals, groups, and targeted population components. As a matter of fact, the German \"Enabling Act\" of 1933 is remarkably similar to our current Patriot Act, which ? according to an Associated Press release to the Portland Oregonian of June 4, 2005 ? is currently up for revisions not only giving it expanded powers well beyond those it already has, but making it permanent, just like the German Enabling Act was made permanent. (The more one compares the Nazi Germany \"Enabling Act\" with the U.S.A. \"Patriot Act,\" the more they appear to be Siamese twins.)\"

Even to the creation of an Elite Military Unit modeled upon the dreaded Nazi Gestapo has the American President accomplished, and as we can read as reported by the American Resistance writer Mike Whitney in his article titled \"Genesis of an American Gestapo\" and wherein he says;

\"Tyranny has very few indispensable parts; a compliant media, that will regulate information to meet the goals of the state; a ?rubber-stamp? Parliament that will endorse the policies of the supreme leader; a judiciary that will adjust the law to serve the requirements of the ruling body, a strong military to seize the wealth of weaker nations; and a security apparatus, that will eliminate any domestic threats to the system. On June 29 President Bush took the great-leap forward in transforming the nation?s intelligence services by ordering a restructuring of the FBI and putting ?a broad swath of the agency? under the direct control of the executive.

Bingo; Bush?s personal secret police; an American Gestapo. The formation of the new agency was presented as part of 74 recommendations made by the 9-11 Commission on Intelligence. Every member of the so-called ?independent? panel was hand-picked by the Bush team and their proposals reflect the narrow interests of American elites. Bush loyalists and Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) members Lawrence Silberman and Charles Robb, (both of whom were directly involved in the 9-11 whitewash) chaired the committee, and provided the rationale for the dramatic changes to the existing system. Astonishingly, Bush was able to unilaterally create the National Security Service without congressional approval as part of his sweeping powers under the new anti-terror legislation.

The freshly minted National Security Service, which has been dubbed the New SS, will operate under the authority of former ambassador to Iraq, John Negroponte, whose involvement in overseeing the terrorist activities of death squads in Nicaragua will provide him with the necessary experience for his new task. Negroponte, the new Intelligence czar, will report directly to the President, who in turn will carefully monitor the violations of civil liberties that will naturally evolve from unsupervised investigations. The formation of the Bush Gestapo overturns long held precedents for maintaining the independence of law enforcement agencies.\"

To the warnings about these shocking events the American citizens themselves have received many, and as we can see exampled from a speech given to the United States Congress by one of their own Leaders, Congressman Ron Paul, and who on June 27, 2002, and seeing the dangers his country was facing, said;

\"Mr. Speaker, what, then, is the answer to the question: \"Is America a Police State?\" My answer is: \"Maybe not yet, but it is fast approaching.\" The seeds have been sown and many of our basic protections against tyranny have been and are constantly being undermined. The post-9/11 atmosphere here in Congress has provided ample excuse to concentrate on safety at the expense of liberty, failing to recognize that we cannot have one without the other.

When the government keeps detailed records on every move we make and we either need advance permission for everything we do or are penalized for not knowing what the rules are, America will be declared a police state. Personal privacy for law-abiding citizens will be a thing of the past. Enforcement of laws against economic and political crimes will exceed that of violent crimes (just look at what's coming under the new FEC law). War will be the prerogative of the administration. Civil liberties will be suspended for suspects, and their prosecution will not be carried out by an independent judiciary. In a police state, this becomes common practice rather than a rare incident.

Some argue that we already live in a police state, and Congress doesn't have the foggiest notion of what they're dealing with. So forget it and use your energy for your own survival. Some advise that the momentum towards the monolithic state cannot be reversed. Possibly that's true, but I'm optimistic that if we do the right thing and do not capitulate to popular fancy and the incessant war propaganda, the onslaught of statism can be reversed.

To do so, we as a people will once again have to dedicate ourselves to establishing the proper role a government plays in a free society. That does not involve the redistribution of wealth through force. It does not mean that government dictates the moral and religious standards of the people. It does not allow us to police the world by involving ourselves in every conflict as if it's our responsibility to manage a world American empire.

But it does mean government has a proper role in guaranteeing free markets, protecting voluntary and religious choices and guaranteeing private property ownership, while punishing those who violate these rules- whether foreign or domestic. In a free society, the government's job is simply to protect liberty- the people do the rest. Let's not give up on a grand experiment that has provided so much for so many. Let's reject the police state.\"

Just two years later this same American Congressman Ron Paul tried to warn his American Citizens again, and as we can read in his article titled ?Police State USA? and where again he said;

\"Every generation must resist the temptation to believe that it lives in the most dangerous time in American history. The threat of Islamic terrorism is real, but it is not the greatest danger ever faced by our nation. This is not to dismiss the threat of terrorism, but rather to put it in perspective. Those who seek to whip the nation into a frenzy of fear do a disservice to a country that expelled the British, fought two world wars, and stared down the Soviet empire.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.\"

Where a little over a decade ago many we newly released from the Gulag celebrated our freedom, and which was won by the millions of former Soviet citizens who threw off the shackles of tyrannical communist rule, we could have never imagined that these shackles would be then taken by the American peoples to put upon themselves. We could have never imagined that where in Russia today every school child is given a Bible, in America today their school children are threatened with prison if they so much as even mention the Bible, God or Jesus.

In all of these strange and horrible events, perhaps the one warning these Americans should have heeded most of all was made by their own President Bush who in December, 2000 was quoted by the Associated Press as saying, \"If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.\"

Today that statement has come true.

? July 16, 2005, EU and US all rights reserved.

I REALLY DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE THIS, SO PLEASE!...refute it as best you can, for I see John's recollections in my own perception of the future, and I am truly wishing I was ten again.

PapaSmurph

Bush, Hitler, lol.

Hitler was Steven f*cking Hawking compared to our boy George. As much as I think he's a nice guy, he's a weak leader, a weak man in general, as is the nature of those who hold high political offices in modern times. People with strong views and the will to see their views put into effect are never elected. We elect instead actors who appear to look like leaders, who act noble, who merely seem to be like the great individuals who once rose to lead us. During the first sessions of Congress, one of the primary debates was in choosing a President from among a list of names that contained the greatest political minds America has ever seen. Now? We were given the choice between a shrub and an insta-tanned, wine-swilling fop.

Point... Hitler, evil genius and mass manipulator. Bush, actor. Rich, spoiled actor.

I'm sure this could have been more eloquent, badly burned though, pain killers here I come!

*Edit*

Noticed the World > America slant most of this thread has...

Now, a lot of the complaining about George has been about his willingness to persue American interests abroad militarily, with or without the consent of international bodies whose record on solving such problems is nearly non-existant (Rwandan slaughter, South African slaughter (continuing as we speak), Bosnia, etc...), what a crock.

How did Hitler come to power? How was he allowed to take Austria, Czechoslovakia, etc? How in the world did they sit back and watch the German army get rebuilt?

All it takes for evil to flourish and destroy is for good men to sit and do nothing. That is the best thing a good man can do in the name of evil.

Evil goes on all over the world, slaughter, oppression, and financial scheming that will destroy my nation in a few years. If my President were a real man, he'd vow to put an end to the evils around us, and work towards it. However, our President can only ACT like a man, so he flies onto aircraft carriers and speaks in bold language about our "committment in Iraq". Feh, what a crock.

Argue with me if you want, call me a war-monger, hater, etc, but never accuse me of liking this chia pet we have in office as a leader.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Lagnar\")</div>
If this was something that could just go away, instead of being pounded into our ever so professionally distracted skulls, I don't think I'd pay as much attention, but it's simply not going away, and it just keeps feeling more and more real. I feel as though I'd have to count myself a completely intellectual neophyte to NOT notice this comparison STARING US ALL IN THE FACE. I wonder that if I was a member of another nation if I would have seen everything more clearly far earlier.

I am becoming very emotionally involved in this, and I don't know where my mind will take me next, but hopefully, it's to a labotomy of cotton candy, triple point spreads, and big double-D cups a plenty.

Anxiety is running high...maybe that should be the new standard for emergency status in this nation.

I REALLY DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE THIS, SO PLEASE!...refute it as best you can, for I see John's recollections in my own perception of the future, and I am truly wishing I was ten again.[/b]

What's the link for that Lagnar?

Lagnar

Sorry, Duh... here it is...

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index781.htm

I hate when that happens. I tried to quick post. I guess when you do that, you lose all the important links that are in the story. Anyway, all their sources are linked in the paragraphs of their text.

I don't know why, but I seem to be in a better mood today, so I think I'll stay away from this shite for a couple hours anyway.

Ciao?