Call to ban Einstein from Paranormalis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inquisitor

@Einstein continues to support violence and death of other human beings on this website. This is unacceptable behavior and I believe a Moderator should AT MINIMUM give him a warning that if he does not comply with, results in a ban. Promoting violence is absolutely ridiculous. The post he just made about wishing death on liberals was just removed along with my response. @Classicalfan626 Help me out here? You may not like the left, but you were reasonable. This shit is insane!

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
When I deleted the post that offended your beliefs and those of others, I gave Einstein a reminder to refrain from such unacceptable behavior. If I see him making such a remark again, he will be warned.

But note that Einstein is a well-established member here on Paranormalis, and I think he was just joking or trying to be funny. @Num7 & @Mayhem - What do you guys think we should do about Einstein?

I've copied and pasted the post as seen below:
Possibly a way can be found so that the virus attacks and kills off liberals.
That was originally seen in this thread, around page 24.

Inquisitor

When I deleted the post that offended your beliefs and those of others, I gave Einstein a reminder to refrain from such unacceptable behavior. If I see him making such a remark again, he will be warned.

But note that Einstein is a well-established member here on Paranormalis, and I think he was just joking or trying to be funny. @Num7 & @Mayhem - What do you guys think we should do about Einstein?

I've copied and pasted the post as seen below:

That was originally seen in this thread, around page 24.

Thank you for having said something to him already.

However, the fact he is a well-established member here is irrelevant. And this is not his first time promoting mass violence or death. I have no reason to think he was joking, and it certainly wasn't funny. If someone in a position of power said that, it would be chaos. Like everybody else, he has to be held accountable for his words and actions.

Yeats

I know that I'm new and so I probably have no right to comment on this, but what I have read from Einstein so far leads me to believe that he is not so ignorant as to actually believe that a virus could be produced that would attack an ideology. It was a jest.

A joke, even one in poor taste, is still a joke.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Inquisitor - You make a good deal of sense here. But I'm not sure if warning or banning Einstein straight away is such a good idea. That may be like a last resort kind of move. Let's just wait and see what the other staff members have to say.

Inquisitor

I know that I'm new and so I probably have no right to comment on this, but what I have read from Einstein so far leads me to believe that he is not so ignorant as to actually believe that a virus could be produced that would attack an ideology. It was a jest.

A joke, even one in poor taste, is still a joke.

It's not, though. People are being canceled no matter how famous they are, even over racist jokes. Jokes don't automatically make something harmless, and they often DO reflect the true opinion of the person who made it. So you know, he previously said on TTI that he would support WACO events in America in response to the BLM protests.

Yeats

People are being canceled no matter how famous they are, even over racist jokes.

And that, my friend, is part of the problem we are facing today. As Americans, we should be supporting free speech, not censorship. It is no great thing to support speech with which we agree. We should also support speech with which we do not agree, even to the point of supporting speech which may offend or anger us. Because, by such support, we also guarantee our own freedom to speak in the future.

Inquisitor

And that, my friend, is part of the problem we are facing today. As Americans, we should be supporting free speech, not censorship. It is no great thing to support speech with which we agree. We should also support speech with which we do not agree, even to the point of supporting speech which may offend or anger us. Because, by such support, we also guarantee or own freedom to speak in the future.

I somewhat agree. However, there is never a reason to say things like that. Racism is toxic, and racist jokes actually incite real racism, especially when done by those who are in the spotlight, the people we see being successful. It contributes to the problem whether the person making the joke is even racist or not.

There is a difference between discussing sensitive subjects and outright attacking and wishing harm on people. That is where free speech should end. Wishing harm on someone is no worse than actually harming them. The only difference is the willingness to dirty your hands by being the one to harm them. It is equally toxic. There is no place for that in a civilized society.

Yeats

I somewhat agree. However, there is never a reason to say things like that. Racism is toxic, and racist jokes actually incite real racism, especially when done by those who are in the spotlight, the people we see being successful. It contributes to the problem whether the person making the joke is even racist or not.

There is a difference between discussing sensitive subjects and outright attacking and wishing harm on people. That is where free speech should end. Wishing harm on someone is no worse than actually harming them. The only difference is the willingness to dirty your hands by being the one to harm them. It is equally toxic. There is no place for that in a civilized society.
I'm sorry, but in cases other than libel, slander, or incitement to cause panic or harm, I can see no reason to restrict freedom of expression.

I suppose you are saying that Einstein's joke is an incitement to harm, but I do not see it that way. There is a difference between saying "I call upon all to support the murder of all leftists" and what Einstein posted because, as I said before, Einstein was well aware of the impossibility of a "leftist virus". This is why his post could only be interpreted as a joke and not as a call for action. The difference may seem subtle, but it is profound.

Status
Not open for further replies.