Can an old building contain sounds embedded in walls?

Treversal

If we really study what the most educated people in the world teach we would call it nonsense. FE: Hawking said that traveling back in time to kill your own grandfather may one day be possible. And Newton said that shooting a cannon ball with enough force would cause it to fall forever. Hmmmm, this would make a great book.

Harte

Then Computer scientist Abe Davis was lying in his TED talk?
Non sequiter/strawman post.
Davis never even tried to get sound from the structure of any house.

You should make at least some small facsimile of an argument, rather than just making crap up.

Not that I've come to expect any more than that from the clientele here for the last several years.

Harte

Treversal

Non sequiter/strawman post.
Davis never even tried to get sound from the structure of any house.

You should make at least some small facsimile of an argument, rather than just making crap up.

Not that I've come to expect any more than that from the clientele here for the last several years.

Harte
I thought that getting Mary Had A Little Lamb from a bag of chips was interesting, especially with "Best Buy" equipment. Is it really that much of a stretch for you to believe that some sounds can be recovered later since they can be recovered now from so many objects so easily?

Harte

That song wasn't "recovered" from a bag of chips.
It was played.

I can play "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts" by rapping on the top of my head.
Does this mean my skull is possessed by Merv Griffin?

Harte

Treversal

That song wasn't "recovered" from a bag of chips.
It was played.

I can play "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts" by rapping on the top of my head.
Does this mean my skull is possessed by Merv Griffin?

Harte
Since now we know that all sound is picked up by its surroundings it is likely that under some circumstances they could be "recorded". The next step would be to create different mediums that "record" the sound and then search for those in nature.

Harte

All sound is not picked up by its surroundings. Why do you believe we now know such a ridiculously inane thing?

Harte

Harte

No. But I know who Abe Davis is and what he does.
That, and I know how sound works, as a Physics teacher, and vibration, as a former Mechanical engineer.

Harte

Treversal

No. But I know who Abe Davis is and what he does.
That, and I know how sound works, as a Physics teacher, and vibration, as a former Mechanical engineer.

Harte
Everything that can be invented has been invented.