Can Someone explain

TERESAKENNI

Hi, I am new to the forum so thanks for having me. The reason I joined is to find some answers?
First of all, can someone explain how I was able to walk from my hallway into the bedroom (aged 50) and end up back at my old house (age 10) watching an incident that happened over 40 years earlier. I was literally in the room standing behind my younger self?
I have had a few things like this happen, but don't know what it is?

Kairos

If it was traumatic, it might be some kind of psychological grieving process. If it was an otherwise benign event you did not understand, then maybe something wants you to pay attention to it?

This happens with PTSD sometimes.

TERESAKENNI

If it was traumatic, it might be some kind of psychological grieving process. If it was an otherwise benign event you did not understand, then maybe something wants you to pay attention to it?

This happens with PTSD sometimes.
Hi Kairos, I have looked at that posibility and ruled Trauma out. I like the second idea of something wants my attention, as I think it was a way of forgiving my father for shouting at me this particular day (which as a result of the phenomena I did forgive him), the experience was just so powerful it has stayed with me for over 10 years. But I think your right, its nothing more than a flashback. Thanks for getting back to me

walt69

maybe its to have you notice some other detail of the scene. Who knows, the event may not have been traumatic to your mental health, to cause PTSD but it could be, doesnt take alot to impact us in that manner. Could be something about the room that day, or others there, may be something about the way events unfolded and what happened afterward, may be the context of the day you had before you walked through the door and something happened that your subconscience wanted you to see in another llight. could be you missed an object... with the account its hard to say. I would think go back in your mind and review every detail you percievd. maybe you find the reason for the trip.

Kairos

If you were not traumatized, then I doubt it's PTSD.

What if you tried to write the scene with as much detail as possible?

Displaced Spirit

Your soul/consciousness could have been transported back to that time. It's happened to me-and once I dragged another person's soul with me. When it was done he was able to describe a traumatic place and event I'd never spoken to him about.

The_Observer

Hi, I am new to the forum so thanks for having me. The reason I joined is to find some answers?
First of all, can someone explain how I was able to walk from my hallway into the bedroom (aged 50) and end up back at my old house (age 10) watching an incident that happened over 40 years earlier. I was literally in the room standing behind my younger self?
I have had a few things like this happen, but don't know what it is?
I think it could be a flashback moment, I've had a few in my lifetime and they seem very real. I've also had a few dreams where I go back in time to past events and relive them which I believe is just a phenomena of the brain. I don't think I ever traveled through time or universes or dimensions or anything. I've also had 1 or 2 weird eye twitches where it looks like the entire world just slightly shifts to one direction or a few inches over... it's very unsettling to see something like that occur but I know it's just my body being weird. I've also had frightening sleep walking experiences. I'm not even a sleep walker, but it has occurred several times to me and I know it has at least on 2 occassions. Once I was dreaming about doing my laundry - a vivid dream. I woke up to find that I had in fact been sleep walking, taking the sheets off my bed, and throwing them down the stairwell. Another time I was having a nightmare and I was sleep walking. I can't recall the exact details but something was frightening me so I was going around trying to open doors to find someone for help, and I ended up waking up by smacking my face on the bathroom mirror as I walked directly into it. They say not to wake a sleep walker and I know why... I was scared shitless. I mean you're seemingly sleeping having a vivid dream, then you suddenly wake up with a headache standing in front of your bathroom mirror. Trust me - waking up from a dead sleep and seeing yourself in the mirror is scary as shit.