Can the past truly be changed ?.

Mr_Zero

Im interested to know what you all think about this, suppose a time traveler went into the past. could this time traveler then change things or not. what I mean by "or not" is, suppose the time traveller tried to kill hitler, he will not succeed because time can not be rewritten what has happened will always happen and so on.

so do you all think time can be rewritten or not ?.

lamdo263

Im interested to know what you all think about this, suppose a time traveler went into the past. could this time traveler then change things or not. what I mean by "or not" is, suppose the time traveller tried to kill hitler, he will not succeed because time can not be rewritten what has happened will always happen and so on.

so do you all think time can be rewritten or not ?.
No, cannot, should not be done. This action may cause a variant, dead end branch. Hitler was really part of an international dead end play, which after the war was turned into a comedy play. One of the songs was Springtime For Hitler.

Beholder

If changing the past without creating a new timeline was possible, you would already have done it and seen the result. Thus, it's a direct paradox to change your own past. You can however create a new timeline in the past by remembering backwards through time and see the present as a potential future in a vision.

Trying to go back into the root branch of time would collide with many other instances of you, but because future visions only happen sporadically, you will see one potential future.

Beholder

@Beholder so you are saying its possible to alter the future by remembering ?. is there proof or are you just saying it ?.
I have seen the future myself, which follows the rules of quantum physics. Time is seen as moving forward, because most casuality is affected by the past rather than potential futures. Possibly because the future locations of electrons are fuzzy, thus having less impact from canceling itself out than the decided past location. During certain conditions, the causality goes in the other direction, allowing us to see the future with our own memories appearing as fragments reconstructed in dreams. If you see distance as four dimensions with |[x, y, z, time]| this can explain the flow of time.

Beholder

@Beholder have you seen visions of the future, if so give me a prediction ?. I'm curious ?.
My last prediction from half a year ago was a dream about getting an e-mail that I had to reply on. So I got up from bed and got the same mail on my phone one hour later. Due to quantum chaos, I can usually not predict things until they are decided. The longest I predicted was the construction of a birdhouse around five years into the future, but once the time came and my parents read the magazine article about building birdhouses, the number of mosquitoes had gone up from randomness and we made seven birdhouses instead of one. My grandma still made meatballs and I knew what she was going to say before she said it. I currently don't have any vision that didn't already come true and they mostly involve my personal life, so only a few people had been able to witness my ability. The more chaos a prediction creates, the more likely it is that it won't happen, so watching the news and such won't prove anything, because it would differ, which is why all the big oracles use fuzzy vague terms to generalize multiple potential futures.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I have a history of past memories that have changed. Here on the forums we came to a consensus that the phenomena experienced by all of us was to be called Altervus. Since then the rest of the world began to notice this phenomena as well. They called it the Mandela effect. I have a very strong vivid photographic memory of Captain Crunch cereal as a teenager. Since I routinely had that for breakfast everyday. Yet we are now being told it has always been spelled Cap'n Crunch.

Currently I have been giving thought to the idea that time is actually a variable wave phenomena. We all have the ability to alter that wave phenomena by choosing actions that have different outcomes in the future. But what if choosing a different outcome also has the side effect of carrying a different past with it?