candle color meaning

Aryeandris

This is very important, does anyone know what burning a red, a white & a green candle means?
Please, I need to know

Khaos

where the wild things are
Red, white and green candle burning usually signifies the pagan holiday of Yule.

Yule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quite interesting is that Yule is the predecessor to that of the modern Christmas. Thousands of years ago when Christianity first took form, the religion adsorbed most pagan belief systems and holidays, Yule was one of them and it was transformed into Christmas. Note the colors associated: Red, White, Green.

Of course candle colors have their own meaning too:

Wicca 101 - Candle Magick

Aryeandris

Can I tell u a story Khaos? I'm trying to piece it all together still, but I need help. Im not sure exactly what I am..

Aryeandris

I always knew they must. When my mom was pregnant with me & told the man whom she thought to be my father, who was also into witchcraft, lit these 3 candles. When I was a young child, another man saw my step dad spanking me or yelling at me or whatever, in our back yard one day. My step dad told him to get lost/kick rocks, basically.

Aryeandris

Later my step dad found 3 candles in our garage. Red, white & green. The same 3 colors that were lit when I was in my mother's womb.

Night Templar

I have read the colors and what they were used for were not always uniform among those that used them as part of a "religion" or as part of their "craft", there seemed to be certain colord that were used to accomplish a particular ends to a situation or was wished by whoever was using "candle magic", I use the term "magic" loosely in this context. Any informative book on alternative religions might include some of it but the most complete information I have found deal with the general heading of 'paganism", or try looking under "magic", "witchcraft", "curses", "cures", etc.