Cat Lovers

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Could be from not being handled much in kittenhood, so the petting stresses her out. Don't know much abt her background, but a lot of the Mama's behavior is imprinted on them later. There are some who let you touch the belly without kicking & others who never do. I've had to "break" a few into tolerating petting a short time. I think even our indoor ones would rather hunt, so maybe Cersei was used to being a hunter before? With all felines, don't take it personal.

Yes, she was feral and someone captured her, turned her in when she was pregnant, and the county aborted her babies and put her on the euthanization list. Previous (short) owner said she attacked her toddler. I suspect the toddler pulled her tail. Also, hands freak her out. I had her finally mellowed out, then the past few days things have been going backwards. She doesn't like my hands again and the other cats are stalking here AGAIN. We have one cat fight a day now and I went about 1.5 weeks without a single incident.

I've been playing with ALL the cats and doing all the things Jackson Galaxy recommends. They CAN eat together, which is the strange part... I don't know.... my thoughts are all over the place.....

I let the cats out. They do not wander. Cersei loves to relax on the front patio. It really chills her out. Basically, she is still freaked out by the other 2 cats. I never introduced them properly....but since they eat together fine, using that method would not be helpful.

Been site swapping as well.....put cersei on my bed...and at first she'd hiss and hiss because she smells another cat, but she doesn't do that anymore, however, she will not willingly come in there either.

So frustrated. Don't know why things are going backwards.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Today is actually a really good day. My other 2 cats are sleepy from the vet visit (vaccines) and we're all hanging out peacefully! Cersei isn't even twitching her tail!

Orpheus Rex

My cat was a stray I found in the backyard when he was a kitten. I took him to a vet, and surprise, he had a bullet in him.
So, I only found this cat the day before and I'm already paying for it to have intensive surgery.
Best cat I ever had, he lived for 11 years after I found him and was perfectly behaved. Never scratched the furniture, wasn't noisy at night, always friendly and wanting to hang out with guests... very playful, but never scratched or bit anyone, even if little kids were harassing him. although he always like to sit on whatever I was reading.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Vet Visit:
Somehow, they got the blood work back the same day and the vet left me a message at 7:30pm.

Sadie has arthritis. Have medication for her. She's 9 so she's not THAT old.

Penny has some sign that she is developing kidney disease. Will be talking to the vet this morning. Penny is only 5.

RHYS

Certain foods can help cats' bladder/kidneys. They have very short urethras (esp males). A diagnosis of kidney disease may be asymptomatic or part of something else. Sometimes I think cats are fragile, other times incredibly resilient.

I lost one recently bc she fell off my piano & suffered severe brain trauma. She would never walk or eat by herself again. Just a fluke thing but devastating.

Orpheus Rex

My cat died about two months ago... I still remember that it was my dog who adopted him... the poor thing, it was a rainy sunday and I found my dog feeding this injured and skinny kitten... My dog was very old and died later that week, but I had a new friend... my new beautiful orange cat... who only ate dog food.