Media Cat Terrified by Ghostly Mist Mysteriously Emerging from Creepy Dolls

Num7

Administrator
Staff

An eerie video captured by a home security system in Canada shows a cat fleeing in fright at the sight of a ghostly mist mysteriously emerging from some creepy dolls. The spooky scene reportedly unfolded late last month in Kathy Gallinger's residence in the community of Quinte West, Ontario. In the hopes of documenting some of the paranormal activity that has allegedly been occurring in her home over the past few years, she set up a camera in her basement, where the weirdness seems to be most prevalent. When Gallinger later checked the footage, she was astounded to see what appears to be an unsettling encounter between her cat Salem and some kind of spirit.

In the video, the curious feline can be seen staring intently at a pair of decades-old dolls that once belonged to Gallinger's mother and were seated atop a small chest a few feet away. Suddenly, a peculiar mist begins to form near the toys as if it is emerging from within them. The slow-moving but ominous cloud then wafts toward the cat, causing Salem to quickly scurry away and hide behind a table. Gallinger noted that the cat's behavior in the footage is particularly unusual since "Salem is my protector. That cat goes everywhere with me so if I do have to go downstairs and I'm nervous, he follows me. It's uncommon for him to show signs of being afraid like that."

As such, Gallinger believes that Salem encountered whatever presence in her home is responsible for the purported paranormal activity that has occurred there in the past. Based on a consultation with a psychic, she also suspects that the possible haunting was brought about by some mischievous teenagers who played with a Ouija board in the residence back in the 1980s and unwittingly unleashed some kind of sinister force. That said, Gallinger says that she has no intention of moving, since "other than a few things moving and just scaring the life out of us, we've become used to it really." What's your take on the chilling footage? Did Salem the cat have a run-in with a ghost or is the video merely a well-crafted hoax? Weigh in with your thoughts at the C2C Facebook page.

Source:

Beholder

Framerates don't add up (cheap effects), incorrect light (because it was airbrushed in a photo editor using the standard brush with a flat shade), the turbulence indicate a paradox in the air flow, even reused old blobs due to laziness... As an image analysis professional, this is clearly a poorly made fake.

steven chiverton

some people use dolls in there paranormal hunts not realizing dolls can be used as a conduit by evil demons etc etc

TimeFlipper

It seemed to me as if someone is hiding behind the dolls smoking a cigarette, the cat certainly appears to be looking underneath the couch at the beginning of the video..

The cat is obviouslys startled when the person makes a noise at the back of the couch, and at the same time the cat sees the cigarette smoke the guy puffs out, which the cat clearly hates, and it scarpers off...A simple hoax video :LOL:

Thats why there is no sound on the video :fp:

Wind7

Staff
I will never call out someone calling their home haunted when the form is very hard to prove
when it is really the truth for the people living with it. I have experience with this.

Salem (The Cat) was clearly spooked by something.

But as @Beholder said, the frames do not align with the motion of the mist vs room.

It even jumps as it comes into focus.

I'm calling it a partial fake.
Cat was spooked by a something that someone tried to sensationalize or re-create.

I lived in a very spiritually active home with a few cats back in the day.
That is exactly how they would react...By jumping away from.....

Wind7

Staff
It seemed to me as if someone is hiding behind the dolls smoking a cigarette, the cat certainly appears to be looking underneath the couch at the beginning of the video..

The cat is obviouslys startled when the person makes a noise at the back of the couch, and at the same time the cat sees the cigarette smoke the guy puffs out, which the cat clearly hates, and it scarpers off...A simple hoax video :LOL:

Thats why there is no sound on the video :fp:
(y)

I found that to be rather dubious as well, TF.
Sound would have been better, imho.

:)

TimeFlipper

I will never call out someone calling their home haunted when the form is very hard to prove
when it is really the truth for the people living with it. I have experience with this.

Salem (The Cat) was clearly spooked by something.

But as @Beholder said, the frames do not align with the motion of the mist vs room.

It even jumps as it comes into focus.

I'm calling it a partial fake.
Cat was spooked by a something that someone tried to sensationalize or re-create.

I lived in a very spiritually active home with a few cats back in the day.
That is exactly how they would react...By jumping away from.....
IMHO, the lack of any sound on the video (very suspicious) was clear proof the people filming the scene, were able to cut out the sound that made the cat run away..

Beholder

IMHO, the lack of any sound on the video (very suspicious) was clear proof the people filming the scene, were able to cut out the sound that made the cat run away..
Not all nightvision security cameras have a microphone, so that might explain the missing sound.