Chicago bans driver less cars

TnWatchdog

Sorry but I'm a bit old fashioned...I prefer to have a human in the driver's seat.
But something like this would work on a subway system with predetermined stops and having a control room that monitors.

TimeFlipper

Sorry but I'm a bit old fashioned...I prefer to have a human in the driver's seat.
But something like this would work on a subway system with predetermined stops and having a control room that monitors.
Come off it Dawg, wouldnt you like this Robot to drive you every where you go, and do what ever you wanted to do with her?? :love: :LOL:..
I know i would lol!! :cool: :LOL:..

TnWatchdog

Come off it Dawg, wouldnt you like this Robot to drive you every where you go, and do what ever you wanted to do with her?? :love: :LOL:..
I know i would lol!! :cool: :LOL:..
Yeah, you're right Timeflipper...she could drive me home, watch the big game, and listen to me discuss the day I had.
What would you like to do with her?

kcwildman

Beastmaster
Chicago bans driver less cars. The law says autonomous vehicles so that covers mini vans. Also, it bans robot buses and autonomous trucks, but why is this so. Most people fear what is new. Maybe we will see USA continue to slip up. Jets no longer go super sonic. Sadly, this is because people were complaining about noise.

Chicago takes aim at driverless cars in proposed legislation

this is a good thing here hope it happens,, but that's not likely to much money involved

TimeFlipper

Chicago bans driver less cars. The law says autonomous vehicles so that covers mini vans. Also, it bans robot buses and autonomous trucks, but why is this so. Most people fear what is new. Maybe we will see USA continue to slip up. Jets no longer go super sonic. Sadly, this is because people were complaining about noise.

Chicago takes aim at driverless cars in proposed legislation

Honda are now offering their "Assisted Driverless Car" for a mere 20,000 bucks.. They already have a Coupe that can travel completely driverless around a track that has everything built into a computer regarding that track and can even adjust the maximum speed around sharp bends to compensate for tyre wear!!....I can see SatNav including all road conditions, turns and speed maximums very soon, oh yes and can sense an accident occurring too!!...So when im really really old i will be able to sit in a car on my own with Caroline Munro and take advantage of her while still sat in the car lol :eek: :LOL:
504726654.jpg
and of course Caroline Munro :whistle: :D
caroline-munro-autograph.jpg :rolleyes:

kcwildman

Beastmaster
the safety protocol's have not been set into law yet
examp.

car has to choose between safety of passengers it carries,, against the safety of the person walking in the only path of safety to avoid an imminent crash.

1st law of robotics
do not harm humans....