Chronovisor Project on Paranormalis

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Hey everyone!

I'm happy to announce I'm going to collaborate with our good friend @Cosmo, at Time Travel Institute, on a new exciting project. Using Cosmo's clever mix of web scraping, bbcodes, embeds, and a lot of patience, we're going to be able to resuscitate the Lost Threads of Paranormalis that were lost in 2006. That's the Chronovisor Project (TTI).

Back in 2006, our database was stolen following a fraudulent transaction with an individual who couldn't be trusted. From then, Paranormalis restarted from scratch... In 2009, by some miracle, we got our hands back on an old backup from the 2005-2006 era, but half of it wasn't readable anymore. Therefore, about 1 500 threads were lost forever. About 30 000 posts.

Now, thanks to Cosmo's method of scraping the Wayback Machine's archives, we're going to be able to restore hundreds of those lost threads and bring them back to life. We call this technique the Chronovisor.

Here are 2 examples of threads resurrected with the Chronovisor.

A simple thread dating back to TPN:
Chronovisor - Predictions

An old Paranormalis thread, with a couple of posts from @Harte.
Chronovisor - A&AC - Pseudoscience Harte? ...Not Quite

As you can see, the old site snapshot is embedded inside a forum thread, that belongs to the original poster and has the correct date. It also has a Chronovisor thread prefix to identify it properly, as such.

For those who visited the forum back then, that hits right in the feelings. First, there was Time Travel Forum (TTF) in 2004, then The Paranormal Network (TPN) in 2005, then finally Paranormalis in 2006. We often refer to that period as the Old Days. It was the Golden Age of Paranormalis.

Click here to enter the Chronovisor:

There's also a link in the site's header, for easy access.

There, you'll find old, previously lost threads from each iteration of Paranormalis, grouped together. Old content that mostly dates from 2003 to 2007.

Chronovisor threads are located all across the forum, just like other regular threads. But they're grouped together in the Chronovisor section, so that you can browse them easily, all in one spot.

Also, here's a sticky thread in which you'll find a list of old threads that are freshly restored: Chronovisor - List of Chronovisor Restored Threads

On a lot of Internet forums, replying to an old thread is prohibited, or seen as a bad thing. Here's it's encouraged. If you ever find an old thread fascinating and want to discuss it, feel free to reply and resurrect it. Even if it's 20 years old!

Again, many thanks to Cosmo, over at TTI, for sharing his Chronovisor recipe. That would not have been possible without you! :)

To be continued!

--Num7

Last edited:

krannufi30

Hi everyone,
I hope you are all well,
Last week I found information about the chronovisor used in the pegasus project and Andrew Basiago said this " A bismuth octagon on which a signal was applied", this can be a very useful clue, what we should know is which signal was applied to the bismuth octagon. Greetings!!!

steven chiverton

i clicked on the link to check out the chrono visor stuff i clicked on things relating to the chrono visor all i got was other things but nothing directly about the chrono visor its not there .

ive just had a read through the link above and the mention of a nu clear war in aprill the 12 has passed and nothing happened another mistake made in trying predict or foresaw a future that wasent earths at all in this reality, maybe an alternate reality ill go read more and find out what else is said that didnt happen

i clicked on explore chronovisor stories and there nothing mentioned about it in the dropdown list at all its missing still

Num7

Administrator
Staff
i clicked on the link to check out the chrono visor stuff i clicked on things relating to the chrono visor all i got was other things but nothing directly about the chrono visor its not there .

ive just had a read through the link above and the mention of a nu clear war in aprill the 12 has passed and nothing happened another mistake made in trying predict or foresaw a future that wasent earths at all in this reality, maybe an alternate reality ill go read more and find out what else is said that didnt happen

i clicked on explore chronovisor stories and there nothing mentioned about it in the dropdown list at all its missing still
As explained in the first post above, the "Chronovisor Project" on Paranormalis is a project and technical recipe, that allows us to retrieve old forum threads that we thought were lost forever. We called it that way because when looking at an old, resurrected discussion like this one, it feels like you're looking at the past.

It has nothing to do with the alleged time travel device of the same name.

A lot of lost discussions are going to be brought back here using this method.

As mentioned above, this thread contains a list of all the restored discussions that we brought back up while working on the project. More will come. Click here to check it out: Chronovisor - List of Chronovisor Restored Threads

Hope this helps.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
No worries there, I like how the site works right now too. So the plan is to keep things running the way they are. Plus a little fine-tuning here and there as usual, but it will always keep its original flavor.