Captain Leale Martelli - The Odyssey in the Realms of Time

MartinTower

I get what your talking about now.

The symbols, the cross the goat and the arms.
Right! The goat, is it a capricorn!?

I found that irish warrior shaman, if they didnt get the wrong picture, who knows many fantasising dreamers on the net :)
He is called Cu Chulainn.
Here some other img to be verified that evil me stole.
maxresdefault.jpg

cu-cfight-j2502.png

Desmond Kinney in Dublin
the_last_ride_of_cu_chulainn_by_gamusinohunter-d326k5v.jpg

Statue.jpg

Conty Louth
1e88337da6fceb77ff0e75a7c43f7086.jpg

The
Leghorn chicken - Wikipedia
Was the crest of the Martellk Family of Florence

Last edited:

Mayhem

Zenith
250px-Cuslayshound.jpg

Cu Chulainn. "Cuchulain Slays the Hound of Culain",
A lot of this most people see is symbolism and folklore.

Like everything it has remnants of truth that have to be deciphered, when stories get handed down
over many years they get altered for the gains of others.

The images that are on the net now well bit more fantasia i suppose.

Pretty sure the goat is aligned to Capricorn.

MartinTower

250px-Cuslayshound.jpg

Like everything it has remnants of truth that have to be deciphered, when stories get handed down

Is Chuculain also related to other animals?

Mayhem

Zenith
250px-Cuslayshound.jpg

Is Chuculain also related to other animals?

Cú Chulainn: God, Man, or Animal? on JSTOR

The Irish Story and Legend of Cu Chulainn

Animal Symbolism in Celtic Mythology
Animal Symbolism in Celtic Mythology

Mayhem

Zenith
Almost forgetting, maybe you can help us out with our quests. We need all infos you can get on irish and british saints or knights that had something to do with bears or wolves or birds.

Here is a bit of list to start off with something we can go with.
Irish Saints - Saints & Angels - Catholic Online
Britannia: Index: British Saints

A book on offer.
Saints and Animals in the Middle Ages

Saints Who Loved Animals

The Cult of Saints (Getty Center Exhibitions)

11231401.jpg

MartinTower

Wow, maybe we can narrow it further down with all places in their bio that had to do with the Graal, the templars and our story.
Going back to Birdy Saints.. (Btw. nice to have some shamanism, i always found Christianity sort of boring, always seeing everything as revealed by some rich guys, lot of talking confuses me)
For instance St. Columbanus seems interesting bcs he shares some bio with st. Gall
St. Columbanus gathered twelve companions for his journey—Saint Attala, Columbanus the Younger, Cummain, Domgal (Deicolus), Eogain, Eunan, Saint Gall, Gurgano, Libran, Lua, Sigisbert, and Waldoleno—and together they set sail for the continent.
Columbanus - Wikipedia
Colomba means white dove.

Maybe anyone heard of any of them!?

The st. also went to
Visitò l'isola di Man e la piccola isola di San Patrizio, che secondo la leggenda custodiva la tomba di Giuseppe di Arimatea sepolto assieme al Santo Graal[7]. Sbarcato quindi in Cornovaglia, visitò il monastero di Bodmin Moor fondato da san Gonion. Percorrendo l'antica strada romana che collegava Padstow con Fowey e Lostwithiel, visitò anche Tintagel e arrivò a Plymouth, da dove si imbarcò nuovamente per le Gallie.
Translated to the isle of Man and to the isle of st. Patrick. It is said the Graal was to be found there.
Then he went to Cornwall and to the Gallie, both celtic regions.

We only know the Armenian Monk went to the british coasts to spend the rest of his life there.
The Gallie is related to our story because the Preacher and the Armenian Monk knew each other from there, more precisly they met the first time in Santiago de Compostela.

Last edited:

MartinTower

The
Leghorn chicken - Wikipedia
Was the crest of the Martellk Family of Florence
691px-Donatello_-_Stemma_Martelli.JPG

This story has also a lot of axes, so maybe are they referring to Berseker Axes?
We read about the crosses but anyone noticed the axe on this cross!?
And the fourth cross, at the beginning of the old road to Valle Benedetta and Sambuca. It's similar to the first cross I posted, but the cup and the spurs crown are lacking.

View attachment 6615

I heard that axes are also a symbol of female warriors. I met a girl wearing an axe so i asked her what was the meaning of it and i think she said something about Amazons - Wikipedia
In the following something on female viking warriors
https://gizmodo.com/genetic-analysis-offers-first-strong-evidence-of-female-1803137606
lqwronowzsezvn89xowm.png

Last edited:

MartinTower

Dear Mayhem, thank you for your work a lot.
Do you know something about the symbology and myths behind axes in Ireland?
Canton St. Gall has also an axe as a symbol.
1057px-Wappen_St._Gallen_matt.svg.png

Canton of St. Gallen - Wikipedia

Anyway in this story we have a woodcutter and woodcutter we know what they use.. i think that Leale Martelli represents the Archetype of a warrior shaman, a magic warrior because there is quite a display of magic in this story. It gets exciting! :)

Marte in italian means mars.

Mayhem

Zenith
The battle axe is thought to be Ireland's national weapon.

Here's a little information.

In the early Viking-Age axeheads are found in a limited range of forms, which may have been used for fighting or for wood-working. Later, the two forms become distinct. From the beginning, the Vikings were closely associated with axes - neither Irish nor Anglo-Saxon groups used them in battle at the beginning of the Viking Age.

This battle axe was quickly adopted by the Irish and became so much a part of the culture that in one version of his twelfth-century Topographia Hibernica, 'The Topography of Ireland', Giraldus Cambrensis (Gerald of Wales) treated the axe as almost the national weapon of Ireland:

".. and they also carry, heavy battle-axes of iron, exceedingly well wrought and tempered. These they borrowed from the Norwegians and Ostmen, of whom we shall speak hereafter. But in striking with the battle-axe they use only one hand, instead of both, clasping the haft firmly, and raising it above the head, so as to direct the blow with such force that neither the helmets which protect our heads, nor the platting of the coat of mail which defends the rest of our bodies, can resist the stroke.

Thus it has happened, in my own time, that one blow of the axe has cut off a knight's thigh, although it was encased in iron, the thigh and leg falling on one side of his horse, and the body of the dying horseman on the other."

Giraldus Cambrensis, The Topography of Ireland, ed. and trans. by Thomas Forester, rev. and ed. by Thomas Wright (Cambridge, Ontario, 2000), p. 69.

MartinTower

Wow great job Mayhem, it must be great to swing one of those!! I know a woodcutter maybe he has a battleaxe as well :) Jk probably not but i can cut some wood ;)

Do you see any connection to saints or templars? Is the symbol of the axe to be found in Irish churches?

Last edited: