Captain Leale Martelli - The Odyssey in the Realms of Time

steven chiverton

interesting do they have a real picture of this chronovisor inventor dose she look alike or was this to recreate the scene using an actor to show what was in the real story of the chronovisor

steven chiverton

REVIEW « THE CHRONOSCOPE BY LORENZO DAVIA HE CHRONOSCOPE IS A MOCKUMENTARY (A fake documentary) directed by Andrew Legge about the Irish scientist Charlotte Keppel (Serena Brabazon) who in 1938 discovers a type of light that travels at low speed. Notwithstanding the incredulity of the scientific community, she creates the Chronoscope, a device that can see in the past. She wants to utilize it to see the true past but the images that the machine produces contradict established history. When the Chronoscope shows that a recently proclaimed saint had a worldly lover, it upsets the Church. Then Nazis kidnap her because they want to use her device to show all the world the past glory of the Aryan race. When the Chronoscope shows only villages of primitives, the Nazis are furious and Charlotte must plot an escape. The short movie has a brilliant style that is reminiscent of the documentaries and movies of the 1930s to the point that there is no distinction between existing period footage and present day shots; other historical footage was modified in order to add elements coherent with the story. Legge is not new to this type of film. His previous The Unusual Inventions of Henry Cavendish, a tale of a young inventor and his time machine, seamlessly combined scenes of Dublin shot in 1897 with new material shot on a clockwork 16mm Russian ‘Krasnogorsk’ camera. The Chronoscope is a very interesting mockumentary with many layers of interpretations. It is about the role of women in science; it is about the responsibilities of the scientist toward society and finally it is a work against the stupidity of nationalism. It is also a good example of how a steampunk idea can be used in a past setting to tell us something about that past and about our present at the same time.

steven chiverton

the qestion still remains how did they get the name chronovisor for that invention considering it was said to be invented decades latter by a priest someone had future knowledge of the name chronovisor in the 1920s to give it that same name that was given in the 60s

TimeFlipper

interesting do they have a real picture of this chronovisor inventor dose she look alike or was this to recreate the scene using an actor to show what was in the real story of the chronovisor

A mockumentary usually takes the piss out of something or someone or both Steve....The real Charlotte Keppel was an author of several books and you can find them on the internet under her name...I also did a search for Charlotte Keppel Scientist and all that came up was that mockumentary video clip with Serena Brabazon..

However if a Paranormalis member can find real provable evidence and not just meaningless words that the real Charlotte Keppel did actually come up with something to do with a chronovisor, i would be very happy for you Steve, and i will definitely change the search engines that ive been using cobber! :LOL:.

This is one of the real Charlotte Keppel`s books, there are several more..

cdeb0a66036524259884bfb7873a1c15.jpg

LITTLE DOCTOR

I having been a devotee of San Felice and having personally participated in some festivals celebrated in honor of the Saint, I want to describe very clearly how these celebrations took place that no one remembers today. I want to leave a testimony so that nothing is forgotten. Get ready for a dive into the past. After about a century from the Valle Benedetta churc chonstruction, we began celebrating San Felice with a sumptuous party that started from the plain of Livorno, exactly from a place called the "Leccia". Thousands of people left the "Leccia" to reach the Benedetta Valley. The refounded "Compagnia della Valle" celebrated mass and fired mortars, the large shrine with inside the San Felice body was carried on the shoulders by members of the paramilitary body of the Leghorn hunters, more than 50 men in uniform with hat black and round with black pen, harquebus, belt-style stiletto with shoulder strap and small black velvet gibern adorned with silver with the Ferdinand III figure. Hunters were used to shoot in unison during the solemn mass.
There was no lack of the band that accompanied the celebrants during dances and snacks. All this took place between 1792 and early 1900. Afterwards until 1944 the festivities took place with a low profile and with the participation of a few dozen people from the village of the Valle Benedetta. Giovanni Petracchi, a 48-year-old man, married and laborer at the estate of Mrs. Agata Huygens, also belonged to the paramilitary body of the Leghorn hunters. On January 8, 1807, Petracchi was found dead in the well of the farm adjacent to the stone garden, many days after his death. Although he had died many days his body was well preserved. On the death of Giovanni Petracchi a fairly fanciful theory took hold: it is presumed that during the maintenance work on the villa, Petracchi noticed a figure, resembling Antonio Huygens, descending into the well. Petracchi appeared at the well and was sucked into it. It is thought that Petracchi did not die immediately, but that he survived for weeks at the bottom of the well prisoner of the nobleman Antonio Huygense believed dead since 1717.
The well of the farm is still existing today, abandoned, but still very fascinating. Approaching the well is not a trivial thing, the feeling that you feel at the sight of the well is suggestive and disturbing. The closer we get to the well, the more we realize the exceptional nature of the moment. A cold shiver runs through the body, an abnormal silence falls on the place, even the wind ceases to blow, an icy embrace envelops us and pushes us to approach the edge of the well even if we do not want, the well attracts us as a calm and there forces us to look into the endless black background.
All those who appear at the well feel sucked. Looking in the depths of the well we feel observed in the soul. It is thought that from the depths of the well you can reach the tunnels of the stone garden, where the noble Huygens hides in the daylight hours with all its treasures. However, the well of the farm is little thing if compared to the incredible well that is located within the walls of the villa where Angelica Palli stayed at the Valle Benedetta. But this is another story ...
AH ... I forgot, in the Valle Benedetta the wells are four !!!

MartinTower

You do like a lot talking about Time Travel but I don't care about the Chronovisor Machine.

I like brainy stuff. Let's talk about war strategies.

Switch on eng subs if you need 'em.

The secret of steel

Steel vs. Flesh

The archer and Conaan

The God of Steel doesn't care
Steel and Bow
"Conan, do you fear the gods?" (Why Crom is Not an Avatar)

Speed, strength and keeping distance do the job (well if there is enough place to run)
CROM'S FINEST! (Conan Exiles Co-Op Survival) #1
Distance wins
Traditional Korean Bows and Archery

But nowadays drones fire "arrows ", so brainy hackers/engineers are mesmering wars. Gods of Technology? Gods of Intelligence?
Catapults are the past. They might even use viral weapons. Sneaky wars. Distance doesn't even play so much of a role anymore unless one lives underground or on a mountain.
So i'd find amazing to meet Drone Engineers with muscles like conaan and speed like an archer. Machines kill in the front and engi archer kills from a safe location hidden.

Last edited: