Ciao

Ralan

Ciao

Well I've decided to leave the forum. It probably won't be permanent, but certainly a seriously long break. I am feeling too much pressure and 'bad vibes' on the board to carry on right now.

Just for the record:

My hoaxes -

- Urno Arnan Ralan: The time traveller from the Apatian Structure, a society spread out across the galaxy, based partly on Iain Banks' Culture books. Force back through time by a pulsating star whilst travelling in a "city" space ship.

- Anu Masu Dei Kimasu: The time traveller from the Martian war of independance of 2356 or thereabouts. Arrived in Ireland, lived in London. Unexplained time jump during a martial space flight to Earth.

- Linter: Time and space traveller from a star on the other side of Proxima. No useful explanation and a short lifespan.

- Victor Verster: Time traveller from the Hedonistic Utopian Era beginning in the 2080s. An experiment into the effect of different styles of language on the believability of a hoax. No given method of time travel.

Goodbye everyone,

Jacob Carpenter.

StarLord

Ciao

It is always your choice to let things disturb you.

You always have a choice.

It is interesting that you yourself Hoaxed here 4 different times.

I wonder, did you learn anything from all that Hoaxing?

Be Well.

CaryP

Ciao

Hey Ralan/ Jacob,

If you're reading this, don't be gone too long pal. I enjoyed your hoaxes. I saw them as such pretty much from the begining. You bring a perspective here that we don't get here in the states. Have a good break from here, and come back refreshed, hoax or not. LOL. Happy Christmas friend.

Cary

August

Ciao

Jacob,

Honesty is good for the soul, no?

Fiction is a lie or a non-truth. And though a non-truth, we can often come to understanding and wisdom from reading such non-truths as Azimov, Faulkner, and others. But we participate in these as part of an agreement between author and reader. In a hoax there is no such agreement. You are just being dishonest. And that is wrong.

You seem to have an intrerest in fiction and writing. Do what the rest of us do. Write and then mail your manuscript to a publisher. Enter the agreement. It is the right thing to do.

August

Ralan

Ciao

One last post then.

Starlord;

It is interesting that you yourself Hoaxed here 4 different times.

I wonder, did you learn anything from all that Hoaxing?

I learned that you don't have to be evil or in any way maliciously inclined to start a time traveller hoax. I realised that hoaxers are still people and should, and are so long as they take care to show their honest face as well, be treated as such.

If you're reading this, don't be gone too long pal. I enjoyed your hoaxes. I saw them as such pretty much from the begining. You bring a perspective here that we don't get here in the states. Have a good break from here, and come back refreshed, hoax or not. LOL. Happy Christmas friend.

You're too soft with me Cary, but thanks. You have a good Christmas too, my man. I'm sure I'll be back.

You are just being dishonest. And that is wrong.

You seem to have an intrerest in fiction and writing. Do what the rest of us do. Write and then mail your manuscript to a publisher. Enter the agreement. It is the right thing to do.

You clearly have better morals than me August; I'm sorry to have offended them. I already do a lot of personal fiction writings, and a few things for local magazines; someday soon I'll start to pull that first novel together.

It was fun to hoax, but it was also good to tell the truth, you're right.

Ciao everyone.