Debate Civil War or Revolution?

Peregrini

So many people are talking about a Civil War in the United States but does anyone have an idea just what this civil war will be about and in what context it will be carried out?
Let me share with you what I see as the civil war possible scenarios.
If the civil war is fought between the citizens of this country and the military, under federal control, it will be short lived and ineffective for the citizens. Only if the citizens are able to coordinate under some form of command and control structure and carry out guerrilla tactics, like those carried out in Iraq and Afghanistan, will they have any chance and even at that, mostly just longevity, not victory.
If it is fought between the National Guards of the several states and the federal forces it would prove to be a more interesting event. We currently have what may be the most skilled National Guard in our history from serving the last 10 plus years engaged in combat in 2 theaters of operation.
What if the military does not get involved at either the federal or state level? What if the war is between the have's vs. the have not's, the wealthy vs. the poor, the government dependents "takers" vs. those that work "givers"?
In this scenario there might be an even conflict at first just because of sheer numbers among the takers but a better armed and better prepared giver faction will eventually overcome the takers who, because of their dependency, will be unable to adapt to the need to fend for themselves. In nature this might be called culling the herd.
Or a political battle of the left vs. the right?
This scenario is the easiest. Why? Because most of the left wing, anti-gun, anti-war, anti-conflict, can't we all just get along, bleeding heart liberals won't have any weapons to defend themselves and, they will quickly surrender.
All kidding aside,I don't see a conflict between people whether rich or poor, Dem or Rep. I see the conflict between ALL OF US and the Government. I am not angry at the "takers". It's the Government that made them be dependents. It's not about Dem or Rep ideology, higher or lower taxes, it's about the Government getting the hell out of every aspect of my life. Trying to run and control it instead of me. My conflict is with an over reaching dictatorial Government and I know how to beat them.
I believe our founding fathers were foresighted enough to see this encroachment of the federal government and provided us a way to "over throw" it with out the need of an armed conflict. They provided us with a vote. Titorite disagrees with me on this and so will some others but, I maintain, voting each and every one of them, Democrat or Republican, all of the professional politicians who place themselves above the citizens they "represent", out of office and requiring the incoming citizen legislators to immediately put forth a constitutional amendment providing for term limits and that forbids them to ever pass a law that affects the citizenry and exempts themselves from its effects.
Do you want a civil war or a revolution? Vote...encourage everyone you know who can vote, to vote...canvas your neighborhoods and sign up more, new voters...support new legislators any way you can... get rid of the professional politician. THEY are the problem.

The Declaration of Independence rings as true today as it did 236 years ago;

IN CONGRESS, JULY 4, 1776 AND IN AMERICA, NOVEMBER 6, 2012

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen Fifty united States of America

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among
the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. —

We don't need a Civil War...We need a Revolution

So, what kind of civil war do you think we will we have?

trekie4ever

I think the military would fight a group a citizens.... but if enough people stepped up in defiance... I don't think even the military would shoot people or attack people. Direct action I think is the term used during the civil rights struggle.

But I wouldn't doubt I am wrong. Look at aurora Colorado. Unemployed med student with the resources of an undercover agent.... WTCs... and many more I'm sure

TnWatchdog

I am afraid the common people would not be very organized in fighting the bad guys. The bad guys, government, will have the advantage of advance planning and surprise. The common people will be somewhat like vigilantes on a local level shooting at tanks and bombers with their Colt 45's. I hope the people could get organized but I don't see how. I am sure we all will do our best but it will be a tough fight for sure. I hope I am wrong and we can organize and make a difference in advance of any conflict. I also believe the bad guys will use some form of mental warfare enabling the military to shoot without remorse...just a thought.

trekie4ever

Like the Aurora Colorado thing... that looks like a trail run. After his rampage he just sat down for a while then walked to his car and gave up without a fight. Like he was shocked he could even do it. Plus he was an unemployed med student. How did he have the resources for what he had? And I've been reading more. The FBI has admitted to organizing domestic terror plots. Down to driving the cars for the assailant and pulling the plug at the last second.

Crazy...

Loopi

The Bearded One
All they need now is to release a virus or have a major "natural" disaster to take our numbers down to a smaller easy to manage flock... Declare a state of national emergency to open FEMA camps, and take away our rights... Yup it's going to be one hell of a party.

TnWatchdog

All they need now is to release a virus or have a major "natural" disaster to take our numbers down to a smaller easy to manage flock... Declare a state of national emergency to open FEMA camps, and take away our rights... Yup it's going to be one hell of a party.
Unfortunately, I think your thoughts here could be accurate. Save some of that beer for the party...I might need some.

BlastTyrant

Any of you boys want to shoot, now's the time. There isn't one of us that doesn't want to be someplace else. But this is what we do, who we are. Live for nothing, or die for something. Your call. - John Rambo

kurisu

I think a lot of people are on the border and, would jump onto the coup bandwagon if they had a good leader. Someone who is able to play military and, politics so to speak. Someone who is a "natural leader" who also knows his stuff. I think if someone like that came along it would be very possible. I think attempt at a "peaceful" revolution are becoming lower every day and, with each day the government gets more power to suppress us (Not saying they can't already). It's just a huge gamble in this case not to mention how foreign nations will act in the cause of a civil war within the US.