CO2 to Glucose

OmniBon

I have been working on NASA's CO2 to Glucose challenge and I feel like I am on the edge of a break through. Would anyone like to chime in with ideas on that? I can't disclose too much of what I have been working on BUT if you are not planning to compete but want to bounce an idea off me or give me some extra inspiration - please do.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
How about putting a couple of electrodes in some carbonated water, then run some current through the electrodes.

Try using a carbon rod as one of the electrodes.

Don't forget to try the four different types of Tesla coil fields.

OmniBon

This is why they call me the man of many solutions. In fact, just go to some eutraphied pond at the local golf course, scoop some algae up into a ziplock bag, and send that to NASA. Easy win.
Looking for 100% inorganic solutions... meaning no plant matter or bacteria can be used... i.e. ya gotta start with solid liquid gas that is around that ain't livin'... and just like NASA I won't give any hints... consider this a mini-version of the pool that NASA is trying to gather by offering money in a contest (LOL) except, I won't make ya jump through ANY hoops and I have a ton of confidence in ya'll... thanks for the input!

OmniBon

PS I am close as heck and i really just want the money so I can get ahead in life and stop asking people to help me out here and there

OmniBon

Can suggest ANY material... it can be shipped... BUT it would be better for catalysts to be native to Mars... here are some ideas of that:

- rusty iron-nickel meteorites
- hematite blueberries
- gypsum, illite, etc - silicas with water
- titanomagnetite, magntite, goethite, wusite, siderite, chukanovite, etc - iron oxides
- aluminum oxide, sulfur oxide, silicon oxide, chromium oxide - extra stuff in soil and dust