Cobra CB radio for contact

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
A friend of mine on this great forum site, @TimeFlipper, suggested I get a CB radio to use to contact aliens/UFOs. There are a lot of CB radios from Cobra up for sale on eBay, and many of them come with a microphone and a power cord. However, there's only one thing I'm unsure of: since I'm relatively unfamiliar with CB radios, I was wondering, is there such a thing as a radio of this type that can be plugged into a wall?

Any help provided will be appreciated.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
I'm currently in the process of getting one. I haven't ordered it yet, but I bookmarked it through Walmart. I'm browsing around, exploring a few options. The one I bookmarked is just one of those options.

Update: Forget Walmart. I've got a Cobra CB radio added to my cart on Amazon. The one on Amazon is more than $15 cheaper.

Last edited:

titorite

Any old CB will do well provided you get a good antenna. The size of your whip is what its all about… and if you really wanna be cheeky a good amp. Not so much for the aliens but for good CB culture. I used to talk on CB all the time before the internet back when I was living in Hampton VA. Other buddies got me into it. My callsign was staremaster. As in staring not stairs. We's all get on nightly after we were done with our whatevers and shoot the shit all night long on channel 31. Good times. good times.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@titorite - Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'll have to pass on the amplifier. I want some noise but not a lot of it. Too much noise could annoy the hell out of my neighbors.

titorite

Indeed indeed.. Back in the day their was the fellow, his call sign was 212. Generally a nice old timers but when he go in a mood , you wouldn't be talking... He lived on the outskirts of town not by any neighbors. Had himself a small tower and a 2000 watt amp and he could key over anyone. IN my time online he only did it once. I mean one night. for the whole night. He was pissed at something about someone and that other someone was a big ol blabber mouth see he kept trying to talk, 212 kept on keying over him and nobody was happy all night long LOL... I giggle as I write all of this... such interesting characters. Good times.

So yeah as I get it you want to receive more than transmit .. If you cant get a long antenna a lot of wire can make up for it. Height is a thing. You want it to be as High as you can te receive but as a short gap I seen more than one person do this, you can just get like 200 ft of cable and coil it under a desk or what have you... it will almost be as good as a tower. Or do the tesla thing, put a big ol coil ontop of a tower.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
So yeah as I get it you want to receive more than transmit ..
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. In fact I do want to transmit. But there's got to be some way to transmit the audio coming from my room (where I intend on using the CB radio) to the stratosphere or beyond through the antenna without all that noise blasting, though I still want some noise to be assured that my signal reaches that far. I may be wrong, but if so, please correct me.