Cobra CB radio for contact

TimeFlipper

I respect your opinion and your right to provide it openly without consequence or backlash for I believe it is a part of our social cognitive evolution.

I was raised or at least tried to been raised Christian. I was curious and had questions. Most of those were met with blanket statements or answers that required undying faith to accept rather than actual evidence or known truth. Maybe it's how my brain was wired at birth, I don't know... but I could never just accept answers of "because". For example, why is the sky blue? They would say just because it is. Now we know it's Rayleigh scattering which has to do with how light from our star interacts with the gasses that comprise our atmosphere at certain angles. Back then I didn't know that, but I could at least observe that the sky was blue and wait for modern science to catch up and give us an answer. Anything to do with religion seemed faux to me. I've come to understand in my own opinion... that all religions have stemmed from a base truth due to some similarities they ALL share. The simple fact they are different religions is that over time due to regional differences of people and their culture, they evolved each religion into their own adaptation. Indian religion is fascinating in that it includes multiple gods to appeal to multiple types of people. All gods are considered all powerful, which allows each individual to pick a favorite god they prefer to worship as the all powerful god. It doesn't make any one of their gods more or less powerful than the other so it's an all inclusive religion. That's why Buddhism is worldwide - a collectively larger religion than Christianity. If I was raised Hindu I very well could be a religious person today. Since they tried to raise me Christian and failed to convince me of their doctrines as fact, I chose to believe in nothing and therefore reject religion as something to put blind faith into. I don't actually believe in the after life or heaven or hell. If you are a genuinely nice person, good things will happen for you. If you are bad or evil, things can catch up to you. Not always, but generally speaking they do. Mostly due to you slipping up because you think you're invincible after committing 100 crimes and not getting caught. Ultimately it is the goal of religion to provide a guideline of a good life - but has been also used as a method of control over people, and of a method to illicitly filter and/or obtain funds. There are a lot of scary dark corners in religion, especially the old Catholics and boy... it's downright cultish and sadistically evil, not unlike what people would contribute to satanists or witches. I'm also close to people that undoubtedly live by the bible, and are extremely religious to the point they believe the stories of the talking snake and Adam and Eve. I mean... really, all humans stemmed from Adam and Eve? That means we're all products of eventual incest as their children would mate with one another to continue to the blood line. Gross. Not to mention the implied incest since Eve was derived from the rib of Adam.

So while I do respect your rights and opinions, I must also notify you that your argument seems foolish. I only dismissed religion at the end - so to dismiss everything I said simply because of that, is erroneous in and of itself. To me, it would be equivocal to say that you dismiss my thoughts or opinions because of the color of my skin. However, I'm still interested in yours, so I encourage rebuttal.

Your last paragraph regarding the "colour of your skin", appears to me that you are trying to play the "race card", which i personally find particularly offensive to ClassicalFan, and myself....I can say with complete conviction that i know of NO member of Paranormalis who has made one single derogatory comment about the colour of another members skin!!.....

Personally i grew up in a community who welcomed black people from the West Indies, and understood the need of them being here in the UK, to help rebuild our country from the aerial devastation that Nazi Germany inflicted upon us during World War Two....Several black children were in school with me as we were growing up, and i made life long friends with several of them..

Last edited:

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Go onto the internet and find the nearest "aerial installer" for you in New York, and before you ask me, find out if they fit CB antennas ;):D..
Thanks for the advice, but I think I'm pretty much all set with that issue. I'm pretty sure I can get my local construction contractor to install my CB antenna up on my roof. But I'll revisit this bit of advice if he can't, and I'll know exactly where to refer back to. ;)

The_Observer

Your last paragraph regarding the "colour of your skin", appears to me that you are trying to play the "race card", which i personally find particularly offensive to ClassicalFan, and myself....I can say with complete conviction that i know of NO member of Paranormalis who has made one single derogatory comment about the colour of another members skin!!.....

Personally i grew up in a community who welcomed black people from the West Indies, and understood the need of them being here in the UK, to help rebuild our country from the aerial devastation that Nazi Germany inflicted upon us during World War Two....Several black children were in school with me as we were growing up, and i made life long friends with several of them..
I said it was equivalent. I'm quite aware racism exists, but I'm not a racist. You should read it a bit more carefully next time to avoid calling people racists or accuse them of using race-cards. It is offensive to misunderstand someone then project your negative reaction onto them for your negative reaction is misconstrued. I must also tell you that it is illogical for you to be personally offended on behalf of someone else - unless you are somehow spiritually linked to ClassicalFan and when he stubs his toe, yours is the one that starts bleeding. If that's the case, you should probably not tell anyone because you will be experimented on.

It is good that you are cultured, but you can just refer to them as people or children without putting the word black in front of it - unless for some reason it is relevant to mention their race. Usually it's not required unless you're trying to verbally segregate them or identify them as different.

Have a good weekend and stay out of trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

TimeFlipper

It was you who said at the end of your posting, To me it would be equivocal to say that you dismiss my thoughts or opinions, "because of the color of my skin" etc etc etc...To me you were playing the race card..end of.

TimeFlipper

WTF has this to do with a CB radio?

If you go back to page 8 of this thread, you will see The Observer making those comments first, that i high-lighted on this page..
Yes i agree with you that both us were "off topic", but i would have thought that you with your wonderful "Eagle eyes", might have posted an "off topic" statement much earlier....It seems that age is catching up with you also, or maybe you need to visit Specsavers at your earliest convenience, my old friend :cool: :D...

Mayhem

Zenith
I would rather SEE Classifan tell us he has the cb radio up and running.

Oh btw im the only one in the family with no specs at this time:)

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Einstein - Spring weather is coming soon, and that means I'll have more time to focus on getting my antenna hooked up to my CB radio. As of now, I have the radio, complete with a 12-volt battery, built-in SWR meter, a 7-foot antenna, and a coax cable. Will I need more equipment before I ask my local construction contractor to install my antenna, or do you think he should be able to take care of that for me? Also, do you think I'll need to test out my antenna before installing it on top of my roof? I'm not sure, because the brand of antenna I bought is among the most popular of its kind, and the antenna seems to be in solid condition. Any advice on this?