Complexities involving The Karmic Law- Reincarnation

Krish

I admit, I haven't read much more than the title of this thread. But I relate the "karma" principle to religion or some type of spirituality or deity. I know it's very old & the concept's been around for centuries. But it seems to have gotten "trendy" in recent yrs, becoming quite new in our modern lexicon. I understand there are many (most?) who have thorough knowledge of karma's origins and respect it. However, the term so casually flops out of people's mouths most everywhere you go now - by ppl who arent aware of its origins and practices.

Hmm.. Now I have a question: if one doesn't adhere or believe in such a concept as karma, do you believe that person must also suffer/benefit from its principles? Like with anything I guess, simple belief in something doesn't necessarily make it "true".

A few items:

1. Karma Philosophy was given to Earthlings by Super Aliens, from five billion year old civilization, some 12,000 years ago.

2. Whether it is Good or Bad depends on who you are and what your connection to this Universe (Assume, it is Multi-verse)

3. Can you go anywhere with the Super Civilization frame work? It depends on, if you consider the Law of the Universal Governance as Fraud or the Real stuff. If you think, it is Fraud, then, you are out of the Cosmic Constitution...and perhaps end as incarcerated in the system, depending on what you do for yourself and your loved ones.

For me, I see the issues on the Global Governance and watch who is doing what...Let the chip fall where they may.

Thank you.

RHYS

OK. I guess ignorance will remain bliss in this case then. Your explanation reads like some circular parable of jargon to me. But I stand by my simple layman's belief that believing something does not make it true. My questions were thrown out with the intention of basic philosophy for easy conversation.

HDRKID

I know a lot of rich people are mean. They feel they are so superior.

exXpTUv.jpg

Snow

I admit, I haven't read much more than the title of this thread. But I relate the "karma" principle to religion or some type of spirituality or deity. I know it's very old & the concept's been around for centuries. But it seems to have gotten "trendy" in recent yrs, becoming quite new in our modern lexicon. I understand there are many (most?) who have thorough knowledge of karma's origins and respect it. However, the term so casually flops out of people's mouths most everywhere you go now - by ppl who aren't aware of its origins and practices.

Hmm.. Now I have a question: if one doesn't adhere or believe in such a concept as karma, do you believe that person must also suffer/benefit from its principles? Like with anything I guess, simple belief in something doesn't necessarily make it "true".

Ahh, only the title, eh? That is just sad. I am on page 3 and I am already regretting that this thread has only four pages.

I can't neglect the obverse in your final statement. Since Karma is a Universal Law (like gravity: We can describe the effects of gravity perfectly. We know what it feels like. But we must admit we cannot say why it is there, even less can we know what caused it! And this observation disproves your final 'Sentence' on the topic, since clearly, the opposing declaration is nearer the Truth.

No amount of ignoring the Truth can make it a Lie.

Krish

I admit, I haven't read much more than the title of this thread. But I relate the "karma" principle to religion or some type of spirituality or deity. I know it's very old & the concept's been around for centuries. But it seems to have gotten "trendy" in recent yrs, becoming quite new in our modern lexicon. I understand there are many (most?) who have thorough knowledge of karma's origins and respect it. However, the term so casually flops out of people's mouths most everywhere you go now - by ppl who arent aware of its origins and practices.

if one doesn't adhere or believe in such a concept as karma - Think it this way...If you do not know what Electricity is and grab them by both hands separately for whatever reason....you may die....

Carl Miller

When i opened this thread i did it dispassionately.
I know that today it has become trendy. I know reincarnation will remain an unproven issue.
Anyway if it really exists we will be obliged to surrender to it. Right? Suppose it is a hoax.
OK. One life only for everybody. It is all the same to me and to all of us.
We will die and there will be nothing to any of us.
I only have one point i would like to pass on- the belief in the afterlife has given hope to many people, even if it is a false hope.
Many people have discovered a new zest for living on this planet, have become optimistic.
I never lecture on this because truly i am not certain reincarnation exists, perhaps there may be other more reasonable ideas other than the old Karma Law. Then i am ready to hear.
But if you start by advocating an eternal heaven as a gift to some blessed with a nice education and an eternal hell for those who have Always lived upon the most abject poverty. I cannot accept that. Otherwise, lets suppose reincarnation and karma are the most nonsensical in all hoaxes. Ok. then, But have you noticed that people who tend to negate everything often live an unhappy life?

Time and Space are conceptualized ideas having no actuality apart from the mind no existence alone.
If reincarnation really exists, if i should come back to this world of sorrow once again where competition reigns absolutely, if my eyes must see the devilish show again-wars, hate, jealousy, meanness, pettiness, stupidity, insanity, destruction- Well i may as well beg Goddo to relive all this in the spiritual spheres through my stories- Reincarnation must not exist!!!

Virtually you can be whoever you wish. Mostly this is to counterpart a feeling of inferiority you have inside that lead you to think to have been someone important a vip person, at least in the last incarnation. The same tendency applies to those who believe they would have lived as great philosophers of the past, a queen or a kind in glorious previous incarnation. No one would venture on stating to have been a janitor for instance. Everybody wants to be somebody, to have had a royal blood, to have been brought up in nice surroundings and so on.

had been puzzled over this subject for many years
this may seem crazy--off the wall, but here we go
could it be???that reincarnation was limiting to here because it was limited to this planet earth? does the thought of reincarnation limit us if we confine it to just this planet earth?
But billions of light years? this is incomprehensible to our finite minds
locked into this small space of time.
I have a hunch here, a silly one maybe, but for instance the constellation of Orion might be worth noting.
Still, i think we look for life everlasting
We still hope for heaven
We still long & long
Past death into a future
Ego can be such a trap =

Funny that the idea of reward and punishment has already existed in the Middle-Ages. It's been like a self-fulfilling prophecy. It's been materialized at last, the fear that had been theoretically expected, that had captured man's imagination had become obvious with the Industrial Revolution and the Social Revolution that followed. Being productive, competent, effective employees would be awarded a rise in salary and everything that went with it-Heavens and all its glory. The unproductive or counterproducted, disobedient-to be dismissed-to the deepest pits of hell.
All of the effects of the Social Revolution provided by the Industrial One have brought us a materialist philosophy imping on every aspect of our lives today.
A dual faced society based in contradiction- a man-made tribal collective mind where citizens are told to imitate in order to be accepted.
-Regulations mainly based on fear and resignation to the fate, in submittion, as regular as clock-work.
-The establisment of the idea that the ends justify the means, the idea of failure or success.
-The increase of violence-crude or subtle.
- too much violence is shown on television, etc. to depict the deplorable state of a deranged mind.
- Sporadic outbreaks of violence in the crowd.
-dehumanization.
- Rough treatment using physical force on other specially to hurt or harm them to manipulate them better.
- The subtle violence as offensive language.
- Demagogic speeches on the part of the politicians.
- The eternal nagging around between couples, parents and children- a continuous annoyance to persuade someone by finding faults, complaining and emotional blackmail.
- Misleading someone into doing what he/she didn't want to by persuation, or even seduction in order to manipulation.
- Moral indulgence in underpaying the employees.
-Severe overhypocritical strictness concerning to the sexual moral abusing minorities.

Last edited: