Chronovisor [ConspiracyCafe.net] 5 Baffling Discoveries That Prove History Books Are Wrong

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
View attachment FireShot Capture 028 - 5 Baffling Discoveries That Prove History Books Are Wrong - Arcana & _ ...png

Create Account
Conspiracycafe.net
Members
Forums
Calendar
Arcade
Links Directory
Chat
Downloads
Conspiracycafe.net
The Cyber Cafe
Arcana & Ancient Civilisations
Rules of the Cafe
View New Content

Welcome to Conspiracycafe.net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo
5 Baffling Discoveries That Prove History Books Are Wrong
- - - - -
Started by StarLord, Apr 20 2012 10:05 PM

Page 1 of 2
Next
Please log in to reply

16 replies to this topic
#1 5 Baffling Discoveries That Prove History Books Are Wrong: post #1
StarLord
Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:05 PM
StarLord
Conspiratus Illuminatus

VIP Elite Member

14,656 posts
Grayson
DOB: I knew Moses

I am: At Peace with my soul

Country flag:
You'll Love This One Harte...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 Baffling Discoveries That Prove History Books Are Wrong

#5. Cocaine Discovered in Egyptian Mummies

The Finds:
In 1992, German scientists were testing their mummies when they found remnants of hashish, tobacco and cocaine in their hair, skin and bones. Now, hashish comes from Asia, so it's not unfathomable that a royal Egyptian would know a guy who could get him the hook-up. But tobacco and cocaine were strictly New World plants at the time of the mummification. It'd be like if some celebrity today tested positive for heroin that could only have been grown on Venus.

So how did it happen? All we have are theories. Maybe the sites were contaminated by hard-partying archaeologists (although you'd think that if somebody had old pics of themselves snorting coke off of a mummy's ass, they'd have uploaded that shit to Facebook by now). Or maybe the mummies themselves were fake, like maybe they were disco-era archaeologists who just took their love of mummification too far. So the German scientists did what anyone trying to protect their reputation would do -- they had an independent lab test the mummies themselves. They found the same dope. The Germans then went to work testing hundreds of ancient mummies, finding nicotine in a third of them. Not only that, but actual tobacco leaves were discovered in the guts of Ramses II (of Exodus fame, maybe). And among those leaves, an actual dead tobacco beetle was found, which means that some ancient Egyptian just smoked the hell out of his cigarettes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#4. Ancient Hebrew Inscribed on a Rock in New Mexico

Picture this: You're an archaeologist minding your own business in New Mexico when a guy comes up and tells you he's got something to show you. Once you check to make sure he's wearing pants and double check to make sure you've got a gun, you follow him to this town outside Albuquerque called Los Lunas. And there he shows you a 90-ton rock inscribed with ancient writing. No big deal, right? Everyone knows Native Americans have lived in the area since at least the 1850s, it's only natural they'd scratch some graffiti up every now and then. People get bored.

This is exactly what happened to archaeology professor Frank Hibben in 1933. Only he had the sense to recognize that the scribbling wasn't Native American writing -- it was Hebrew. Ancient Hebrew. And the message wasn't "Custer sux balls," it was the Ten Commandments.
The Find:
Believe it or not, while people in the 1930s were gullible enough to think Martians were invading Earth in the most melodramatic way possible, they were cynical enough to call bullshit at the claim that anyone in ancient America knew Hebrew. Yet when experts took a look, they were confounded. For one thing, the script included some Greek letters, which indicated that the script was etched by someone comfortable with mixing Greek and Hebrew (if no one comes to mind, ancient Samaritans fit that bill perfectly).So that was weird. And the rock was the same basalt of the mountain right behind it, so it was definitely local. But that doesn't mean that the ancient script on the rock was ancient, right? Any old American with a theology degree and a chisel could have done it (again, there was literally nothing else to do for entertainment back then). It also doesn't help that the guy who discovered the rock in the first place was later implicated in artifact fraud (though the allegations were never proven). The whole thing was just too weird to be anything but a hoax.

Yet when a modern geologist examined the inscriptions and compared them with carvings nearby, he concluded that the scratchings could be between 500 and 2,000 years old. And that's as much as we'll presumably ever know -- by this point, too many people have handled the artifact for dating tests to get any kind of accurate results.

#3. Ancient Roman Statues in Mexico

Anyone with a third grade understanding of world geography (or access to Google Maps) knows that Rome and Latin America aren't neighbors (fiery tempers and flat bread recipes don't count as proximity in the map world). Even when Rome was at its apex and was conquering Africa, England and everyone's hearts, places like Mexico were nowhere on their radar. Not just because radar didn't exist, but because as far as the Old World was concerned, the Western Hemisphere didn't exist. Once you got past Portugal, it was nothing but Neptune, water dragons and the edge of the planet.

Which was why scholars were baffled when an ancient statue of a Roman head popped up in an old temple in Mexico.
The Finds:
In 1933, an archaeologist was digging around a burial ground about 40 miles away from Mexico City when he discovered this tiny little figure among the other offerings. And we should mention that this wasn't just a typical out-in-the-open burial dumping ground. The spot he was digging was previously under not one, but two undisturbed cement floors that were untouched since the 1500s. So it's not like a jokester could have purchased it at the nearest Roman-centered novelty store and dumped it in a cemetery to be hilarious.
And yes, we're aware that Columbus touched ground a few years before that, but white guys didn't make it to Mexico until 1519, and even then, it's unlikely they would have been carrying around Roman artifacts. And yes, they know it was Roman -- the beehive bouffant (or hat) and facial features match Roman artifacts of the second century.

So how did it get there? No one knows. But another discovery might shed some light on the mystery.
In 1982, an underwater archaeologist discovered a buttload of third century Roman vases in the harbor of Rio de Janeiro. A little more digging around led to the discovery of two rotting Roman-style ships, which were then promptly buried with sand by the Brazilian government. Apparently Brazil hates adventure, and also the idea of anyone messing with their version of history, which was that their land was discovered by the Portuguese, not the Romans. Seems like it'd be cooler to have been discovered by the Romans, but whatever.

#2. A Norse Coin in Maine

Imagine it's 1957 and you're on an archaeology dig in Maine. If it helps set the scene, picture yourself listening to Elvis Presley in a white tee with a cigarette pack in your sleeve while you dig around. The spot you're working on was once the largest Native American settlement in Maine, so you're looking for Native American-y stuff. Arrowheads and the like. But among all that is this coin that just doesn't fit. "That's because it's British!" said everyone at first, but the truth turned out to be much weirder. The coin was Norse (think descendents of Vikings), and a thousand years old at that.

The Find:

It actually took 21 years for anyone to pay attention to the coin that looked like a half-eaten Oreo ...

... but when they did, the evidence was pretty conclusive. Not only was this an ancient coin minted during the reign of Norse King

Olaf Kyrre

, but the window of its production was pretty limited: 1065 to 1080. That's 15 years, for those of you too lazy to bother with rudimentary math. This coin must have been made within those 15 years, and in Norway. And it was found in Maine, USA, 5 inches beneath the surface of the earth,

among 30,000

genuinely Native American artifacts found during the dig.

One lone Scandinavian coin among tens of thousands of American Indian relics. So how did it get there? There was zero evidence of the Vikings ever settling past the very top of Eastern Canada, and even that wasn't so much of a "settlement" as it was a "temporary campground, maybe." And that was hundreds and hundreds of miles away. So the story was probably amazing, and also one that we'll never, ever know.

#1. Ancient Japanese Speakers in New Mexico

We're starting to think aliens knew what they were doing when they totally and for real landed in New Mexico all those years ago. Weird shit has been popping up in the Land of Enchantment since forever. They probably thought no one would notice their weird little melon heads among the Hebrew rocks and wacky turquoise shops.

Case in point: Tucked into New Mexico is one tribe of Native Americans who happen to speak a language unlike any around them. A language called Japanese.
The Find:
OK, maybe the Zuni people aren't speaking Japanese-Japanese, but there are enough similarities between the two languages that a few experts are spooked. The theory of a Japanese/Native American connection came about when graduate student Nancy Yaw Davis took an anthropology class on Southwestern Native American culture. She noticed that some Zuni words sounded a hell of a lot like Japanese words, and at a rate way above random chance. For example, the Zuni word for "clan" is "kwe," while in Japanese it is "kwai." The word for "clown" is "newe" in Japanese and "niwaka" in Zuni. "Priest" is "shawani" in Japanese and "shiwani" in Zuni.
And then there was the whole syntax thing -- both languages use the verb as the last word of a sentence, a feature only 45 percent of languages share. That may not seem like a lot, but considering the Zuni language is nothing like the languages of the people who surround it, it's a pretty odd connection.

So then Davis really started digging, and that was when she discovered all kinds of spooky crap -- like that both the Zuni and the Japanese share frequency of Type B blood, a rare kidney disease and specific oral traditions about their origins. So her theory is that sometime around the 12th century Buddhist missionaries made it all the way to California and traveled inland. Somehow.
If Davis' theory is true, the Zuni walked away from the deal with Japanese genes and some kickass stories -- which is a whole lot better than, say, smallpox. So it could have been worse.

http://www.cracked.c...-are-wrong.html

Come to the Light side. There's No Medals For Stumbling Around In The Dark Is There...Forgive The Darkside, For They Know Not What They Do.

We are Spiritual Beings Having A Human Consciousness Experience.

Wait Long Enough, People Will Forget What They Are About And Show Their True Side To You.

#2 5 Baffling Discoveries That Prove History Books Are Wrong: post #2
Khaos
Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:27 AM
Khaos
What don't kill you make you more strong

VIP Elite Member

822 posts
Wholly Zarjaz
Interests:paranormal, ancient history, astromony, time travel, weather
DOB: I am Young

I am: Chilled

Country flag:
tobacco and cocaine were strictly New World plants

Really? Where did they pull this from? Where's the proof?

Regarding the hebrew tablet, after doing a search on Hibben and Hebrew through google, I haven't found anything credible. Wikipedia article that was linked says nothing about hebrew.

The norse coin can be easily explained. Someone had the coin after finding it in the old world and bringing it to the new world and dropped it. Either this was back thousands of years ago, or in modern times. No records exist of any trans-atlantic voyages?

Do any records of Area 51 projects officially exist? And by official, did the government officially release said projects and documents to the public?

Have you ever played Civilization? Sometimes civilizations like the roman empire would send expeditions to new lands, when they found a new culture, in attempts to bring about peace, they would offer items of value. Bartering things.

Or someone just transported the items to Mexico in modern times. No records exist? See my comment about Area 51.
Expect nothing. I owe you nothing.

#3 5 Baffling Discoveries That Prove History Books Are Wrong: post #3
aliced
Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:35 PM
aliced
Fuckin Hardarse

VIP Elite Member

3,918 posts
The Sluzzgreeps pyjama's
DOB: Unrepeatable

I am: In my Car

Country flag:
Nicely written!
<p>Make yourself grass and horse will eat you, growl loud and smart enough and your target's admiration and appreciation grows.</p><br /><p> </p><br /><p>Fine minds like fine steels are forged by hard knocks.</p>
#4 5 Baffling Discoveries That Prove History Books Are Wrong: post #4
StarLord
Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:26 PM
StarLord
Conspiratus Illuminatus

VIP Elite Member

14,656 posts
Grayson

Country flag:
Harte will have a field day as well methinks as it's his balliwick.
Come to the Light side. There's No Medals For Stumbling Around In The Dark Is There...Forgive The Darkside, For They Know Not What They Do.

Wait Long Enough, People Will Forget What They Are About And Show Their True Side To You.

#5 5 Baffling Discoveries That Prove History Books Are Wrong: post #5
Guest_Skel_*
Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:16 AM
Guest_Skel_*

Guests

Lets not forget cocaine and heroin were used for their medicinal benefits (whatever those may be...) before it was illegalized. So.. party hard archaeologists... maybe just addicted archaeologists?

Regarding the roman boats. Its not hard to stretch the imagination, that some lone boats would get lost in sea and end up in america.. perhaps they were all stonemasons, furthermore all men, who got washed up and made... a head.. IDK lol.

The best find could be the japanese speakers. This COULD just be a coincidence, we'd have to look at the similarities of more then three words, to find anything conclusive.

Still I enjoyed reading these xD
#6 5 Baffling Discoveries That Prove History Books Are Wrong: post #6
dreamwalker
Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:50 AM
dreamwalker
Darkness

VIP Elite Member

13,663 posts
The Wahoonie
Interests:Determining the best way to escape.
DOB: Good side of 30

I am: Locked and Loaded

Country flag:
Welcome to the Cafe Skel!! There is an awful lot for you to read here. Don't read too much though. The subconscious is a crazy thing and it will seriously screw with your dreams. I personally enjoy the roller coaster, though it does get weird.

-Dreamwalker
"I've got a silver spoon on a chain.. I've got a grand piano to prop up my mortal remains. I've got wide staring eyes. I've got a strong urge to fly!! But I've got nowhere to fly to."
-Pink Floyd
#7 5 Baffling Discoveries That Prove History Books Are Wrong: post #7
malo
Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:06 PM
malo
Lord Conspiritalus

THUNDERBIRD

2,761 posts
Totally Scrotnig
Interests:My boogie shoes, computers, fun people, pranks, good food, good drink, good music... carving a life size replica of my house from balsa wood.
DOB: Unknown

I am: Spartacus

Country flag:
I live in Albuquerque, I'm going to do some scouting on that stone....

http://www.econ.ohio...h/loslunas.html

I'll go check it out in a few days....
Now that I know where it is.....
<p><span style="font-size:10px;"><strong><span style="font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;"><span style="font-size:14px;"><span style="color:#006400;">Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. ~ Gordon Gekko</span></span></span></strong></span></p>
<p><span style="color:#0000ff;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.</span></strong></span></span></span></p>
<p><span style="color:#0000ff;"><span style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"><span style="font-size:10px;"><strong><span style="font-size:14px;">~ Thomas Jefferson</span></strong></span></span></span>
#8 5 Baffling Discoveries That Prove History Books Are Wrong: post #8
Khaos
Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:09 AM
Khaos
What don't kill you make you more strong

VIP Elite Member

822 posts
Wholly Zarjaz
Interests:paranormal, ancient history, astromony, time travel, weather
DOB: I am Young

I am: Chilled

Country flag:
I live in Albuquerque, I'm going to do some scouting on that stone....

http://www.econ.ohio...h/loslunas.html

I'll go check it out in a few days....
Now that I know where it is.....

Cool, let us know your findings :)
Expect nothing. I owe you nothing.

#9 5 Baffling Discoveries That Prove History Books Are Wrong: post #9
Harte
Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:17 PM
Harte
Skeptic

VIP Elite Member

2,811 posts
The Sluzzgreeps pyjama's
DOB: Shit, older than Cary

I am: Spartacus

Country flag:
I'm at work but I'll address each item later, if I remember to.

For now - be aware that the findings of cocaine and marijuana in various mummies has been (somewhat) explained.

Also, the Norse coin - how is that an anomaly? The quote states that the Norse came to N.A. It's known that they met the natives. The natives are known to have been involved in a fairly extensive trade relationship with each other so....

Harte
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
Thomas Jefferson
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. Bertrand Russell

Ubi dubium ibi libertas.

Gee, what a boring ass world it would be without the likes of us messed up whack job psycho arrogant motherfuckers who DONT BUY INTO EVERYTHING. Risata

Sometimes a shitty stick is just a stick covered in shit and not a Gubbermint plot to makes sticks useless to us. Grayson
#10 5 Baffling Discoveries That Prove History Books Are Wrong: post #10
StarLord
Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:56 PM
StarLord
Conspiratus Illuminatus

VIP Elite Member

14,656 posts
Grayson

Country flag:

Page 1 of 2
Next
Back to Arcana & Ancient Civilisations · Next Unread Topic →

0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Conspiracycafe.net
→ The Cyber Cafe
→ Arcana & Ancient Civilisations

TopSiteList

IPB skin by IPBForumSkins
Community Forum Software by IP.Board 3.4.6
Licensed to: ConspiracyCafe.Net