Continuity of comparitive creatures in mythology

Keroscene

Re: Continuity of Comparitive Creatures in Mythology

THe deer picture is interesting. But it's a good clue to where some mythological creatures may have came from. I don't think the deer is any clue to evolution, but more of a deformity like kc wildman pointed out. I don't think that makes it any less significant in determining the origins of some mythological creatures just becuase its a deformity. Harte and i exchanged a few posts on the old forum about the origination of the cyclops myth. I think it came from a thread about that cyclops kitten that circulated for a while. He had some really good links for people that are afflicted with a disease where they only have one eye similar to cyclops. I didn't know at the time there was a disease like this and after seeing the pictures could see how one might see that as a gift from the gods. I see it as similar to that girl who as born in some third world country with multiple arms and legs. THe parents wanted her to have surgery and the towns people protested because they thought she was a god reincarnated.

Harte, if you get a chance to see this, you wouldn't happen to have that link handy that gave a rundown of the cyclops disease would you? I tried searching for it, but couldn't find the one you gave, which was better than anything I came up with in my search.

kcwildman

Beastmaster

I wonder if the ledgend of the shape shifter deer I think they called it a hind/hend or somethin like that. got a start like that????? not realy a magical deer jus deformed and real fast.:confused:

kcwildman

Beastmaster

WOWZERS never seen anythin like that befor.good catch got some readin to do thanks 7

Harte

baudmiksen said:
Harte, if you get a chance to see this, you wouldn't happen to have that link handy that gave a rundown of the cyclops disease would you? I tried searching for it, but couldn't find the one you gave, which was better than anything I came up with in my search.

Baudy,

I think I've lost all my saved links twice over since that time, but you might try checking out the links returned by This Google Search.

I would advise everyone not to do so, however, as some of those websites contain pictures that will break your heart and I don't want that.

Harte