Corky Unicorn

Thread starter #51

Laon

Premium
I do hope everyone will be okay. Hurricane season every year is always so sad. Prayers, hope, faith and blessings.

Thread starter #52

Laon

Premium
So much to do today! :eek:

At least the roast is in. Ready by 4:30pm. IMG_20180913_083524.jpg IMG_20180913_082558.jpg

IMG_20180913_082327.jpg

Thread starter #53

Laon

Premium
A unicorn setback. I dare not pout to Mr. Haber out of respect and to keep his days lovely and joyful. Yet, home alone for an entire week (which I was looking for to, as I appreciate my alone time and the opportunity to dig into my duties and chores even more deeply), today I am privately and quietly pouting. If only for a moment. Then, I will act my age and carry on with a weak yet meaningful smile.

Wednesday evening I was in excruciating pain. So much so, I even forgot to call my children. I suppose a medical issue will do that. After all, I am human. Thursday, some relief. A wonderful visit to my amazing doctor. A scream and 4 drugs later, I believe I will be okay. Lolol... I am deeply thankful my doctor has become more like a friend. With my scream in pain, I did my best to hold the rest of my response in while sincerely apologizing to her. She smiled a gentle, sweet and calm smile. Then replied "do what you gotta do to get through it". Words of pure comfort. :giggle:

What a nuisance the human condition can be! So many plans for this wonderful week ruined by developing a physical but non permanent issue. No water aerobics. No painting the fence to prepare it for winter. No diving deeper into the business I am attempting to create. At best, my normal chores will be completed and maybe a garage sale.

I shall try. I suppose that is all that matters, right? The silver lining?

I can't seem to find a decent song to play. Does anyone else have an excellent suggestion? Please post it here for the needed motivation to get me going. Lolol...

Have a beautiful weekend! ;)

Thread starter #54

Laon

Premium
Woken by this songs chorus playing in my head. "Nobody said it was easy. No one ever said it would be this hard...".

I suppose I was dreaming a song. It's understandable. Their voices are amazing!

A little choked up. After waking and posting this song, I saw a beautiful number.

:unsure: A smile and a wonder.

A thank you. A hug. And, a sweet goodbye. :giggle:

Last edited:
Hi Laon,
Thanks for the advice on which military I should go into. That sux that you missed the top spots because of those two ex marine guys (were they guys?). If they used to be marines, they had to do boot camp all over again?! Boot camp twice?! Holy smokes. Why did the Coast Guard make them do that? Just for that, it seems the coast guard would be much harder, right?

What's a cutter? Is that a kind of boat? I'd love to see pix of you in your uniform on the boat! were you in for a long time?

How was the roast? mmmm! I love to cook, but it can be expensive if you want to do it right, right?

Instead of going into the army, I was thinking of starting mmy own business too. Maybe sell pictures on Ebay or Amazon. What is your business going to be? Anything fun?

Waht's a pretty number? Am I missing something? :) I'm sure I am, you are way ahead of me on all this time travel junk. With as much as you write on here, I'm guessing you're the paranormalis expert. Maybe my new business can hire you and we'll pick up rare ingredients in the past to make awesome food in the future? :) :) :)

Thread starter #56

Laon

Premium
Hey Alexis,

Hope you're having a good day. Coast Guard is easier than the Marines. A cutter is a ship. Starting a business is a great idea! Can always try it and see how it goes. In full support of anything that will make you happy. Definitely not an expert. Just thankful for where being interested has led me. The pretty number is a date and time in the past. And, maybe with a date in the future for a special day like a wedding? Which could be in 4 months and 5 days? Real love is always pretty. No can do on the ingredients. You will have to ask a time traveler if you ever meet one. ;)

Yes, I do write a lot. I just love writing.

Anyways, hugs to you and hope all your dreams come true. :giggle:

Bye!

Sorry if I didn't answer you fully. My fever is beginning to spike again. So... Most likely won't be writing for awhile. Take care though!

Last edited:
Ah, dreams. :) Love them!
I had a craaaazy dream last night where I was looking out at a sunrise and it was just ALL ORANGE. It was cuhrazee. And the craziest was i heard a voice (not sure from where) who said exactly that!! DOo Do Do DOO!
What's going on???
Lexy!!

Thread starter #58

Laon

Premium
An altered photo of a beautiful sunrise. Sunrises are my favorite. Love the orange and blue in this picture.

Fever appears to have broken. Thankful. Was up at 5am. A more normal hour for me to wake. Hopefully, will be a very productive day.

Ps. I too am beginning an ebay store among other things I plan to do. I've been advised it is competitive and you need to find a niche. Hopefully will be able to get some work done on the store today. Owning a Costco store would be an ultimate joy for me. Oh well... Maybe someday.

The thing I love most in life is being productive at home, though. For me, such is thriving more than surviving.
IMG_20180812_075234.jpg

Last edited:
Thread starter #59

Laon

Premium
Beginning to write the first chapters of Peace and Justice today.