Coronavirus and Martial Law — Conspiracy Theories Heating Up

Common Sense Conspiracy

Conspiracy Blog
Well, when we launched our article unpacking the latest conspiracy theories about the novel coronavirus that is sweeping the world in an epic pandemic, the conspiracy theories were pretty tame. Things are heating up, however, and the theories are becoming more far-reaching than ever. Far-reaching doesn’t necessarily mean untrue. Don’t misunderstand.

We are seeing some unprecedented cancellations of sporting events that generate millions not just in tickets and concessions but for hotels, travel, dining, and pretty much all sectors of the economy where these events were to be held place. We have seen the President of the United States ban travel from friendly places in Europe. And now, people are starting to ask the questions that have to be asked.

What if this is as bad as they say and what if it only gets worse. What if we see a lockdown like in Italy where 16 million people are basically barred from going on with their normal lives? And what happens if on Election Day, the nation is on lockdown, or so afraid of the coronavirus that they dare not venture out?

What if Donald Trump declares martial law and remains the President regardless of the election?

These are no longer conspiracy theories, folks. These are legitimate questions that might come into play if this crisis plays out much longer.

Now, many believe that COVID-19 will decrease in intensity as the weather gets warmer. We certainly hope they are right about this. It’s possible that we may be witnessing one of the biggest over-reactions to a crisis in the history of the world. Or they could be right. It’s so hard to say.

All we can do right now is watch and learn. Always taking whatever the media and the government tell us with a grain of salt, but observing nonetheless to try to figure out where this thing is going and what the big picture may look like.

As always, please share your thoughts and concerns in the comments below.

Source: Common Sense Conspiracy

titorite

Norway and itally have closed borders....

Senate says they will discuss things next week.

Captiol hill is infected.

Me thinks we are about 2 weeks out from a national closure.

start at edge

What if Donald Trump declares martial law and remains the President regardless of the election?
I am not an American, so I know almost nothing about politics there (about politics in general), but if such thing will happen, those responsible (the responsible one) will have to pay the price someday and face justice, because declared martial law can not last forever, it has to end at some point .. and then what will he do?, how is he going to get out of this? (probably crumpled beyond recognition)

timeuniverseoneone

Lets just speculate now: if this horrible virus continues for a long time and the U.S has to postpone the election, cause I am personally skeptical of voting by mail, even through a computerized system (I am not an American just so you know), what would be the consqeuences for your nation?
I do recall that Roosevelt during WW2 held office for more then 2 terms. Can someone please explain what exactly is; Martial Law, I do know that it has something to do with the military basically taking over (?)

Khaos

where the wild things are
The US won't postpone the election. There are various methods of voting. Phone, internet, mail. Possibly even having people going door to door much like census takers. States have the ability to choose their own methods of voting. For example, Colorado is one of few states that allows mail voting. If that doesn't happen and worse comes to worse, a Contingent Election will be held, only three in US history have been held before, that is where the House of Representatives convene and vote to elect the next president or keep the current president for another term.

The President does not have the capability nor authority to postpone or cancel the election, that is up to Congress, and even the President did postpone or cancel the election and no election of any kind was held, his term terminates January 1st, 2021 and the next president is based on the line of succession.

Our founding fathers were very stringent in safeguarding many things in the constitution, including elections. Contingent Election is is the be all, end all.

Regarding Roosevelt having a fourth term as president, it wasn't actually until 1951 that the US ratified an amendment that placed term limits on a President to two. Roosevelt served as President between 1932 and 1945

Consequences for the US with the elections? Well that depends on the methods chosen. I can see plenty of mail tampering and online hackings to adjust votes or cancel them out entirely.

In Martial Law the military doesn't take over per say, they are directed by the government whether its state or federal, to secure various areas and have more power than the local and state authorities. For example they could establish checkpoints and decide who enters and leaves areas, they can establish curfews, anyone caught violating those can be charged and sentenced to prison without due process. Though they would most likely be detained in authorized secured camps.

Last edited: