Could the 'Theory Of Relativity' proof time travel?

Monica Brannan

I've been thinking about my next lecture, and it occurred to me that I may do something on the subject of time travel. Theoretical 'spacetime' is a combination of space and time associated with general relativity, Einstein’s theory of gravity. Spacetime has been proved by science curve in the presence of mass. So basically in principle if a 'wormhole' -a tear in spacetime- were to magically appear and one was to fly through it, it may lead to the past, future or another dimension/ universe. There is a catch though, with this theory it is impossible to go back before the wormhole was created therefore free choosing of where you go would be highly unlikely. Tell me your thoughts in the comments.
bb3b998b3e4bbd0adca88eef01068048--travel-illustration-weird-science.jpg

TheDoctor

I've been thinking about my next lecture, and it occurred to me that I may do something on the subject of time travel. Theoretical 'spacetime' is a combination of space and time associated with general relativity, Einstein’s theory of gravity. Spacetime has been proved by science curve in the presence of mass. So basically in principle if a 'wormhole' -a tear in spacetime- were to magically appear and one was to fly through it, it may lead to the past, future or another dimension/ universe. There is a catch though, with this theory it is impossible to go back before the wormhole was created therefore free choosing of where you go would be highly unlikely. Tell me your thoughts in the comments.
Yeah, theoretically this method would work. It's pretty cool. I'd love to see a wormhole someday. Hopefully, it happens within my lifetime.

Monica Brannan

Yeah, theoretically this method would work. It's pretty cool. I'd love to see a wormhole someday. Hopefully, it happens within my lifetime.
If it doesn't rip you apart from the force of negative mass, it would be pretty cool.

TheDoctor

I remeber reading a book about this. I can't recall the title. If I do I'll post it because it's a pretty good read.

TheDoctor

If it doesn't rip you apart from the force of negative mass, it would be pretty cool.
haha yeah

Monica Brannan

I remeber reading a book about this. I can't recall the title. If I do I'll post it because it's a pretty good read.
Upload some juicy bits, I like to be informed on titbits from physics books. Sometimes they include stuff that the internet doesn't.

Blue Wolf

#1 Wolf in Investigation
I believe wormholes pass through the 4th dimension or higher.
I wouldn't know for sure as it's just an idea.

Blue Wolf

#1 Wolf in Investigation
Well, it hasn't been disproved as of yet.
I believe that if there was a wormhole, it wouldn't be visible.
People have flown and witnessed skips of time randomly over long distances.

I think that it is higher dimensional space in a 3rd dimensional universe.
Imagine you stick your fingers through the second dimension.
They would look like 5 flat ovals.
Now imagine you take them out and the space is still there.

It wouldn't be visible.
A creature could possibly accidentally walk through that higher dimensional space.
They would be able to navigate it to appear somewhere else in the 2nd dimension quicker.

Just a thought.

Monica Brannan

Well, it hasn't been disproved as of yet.
I believe that if there was a wormhole, it wouldn't be visible.
People have flown and witnessed skips of time randomly over long distances.

I think that it is higher dimensional space in a 3rd dimensional universe.
Imagine you stick your fingers through the second dimension.
They would look like 5 flat ovals.
Now imagine you take them out and the space is still there.

It wouldn't be visible.
A creature could possibly accidentally walk through that higher dimensional space.
They would be able to navigate it to appear somewhere else in the 2nd dimension quicker.

Just a thought.