Craig Johnson possible time travel or teleportation experiment machine

GabrielTeleport

Hello guys, see this story on the amasci site ...
A strange science experimenter named Craig Johnson caused a paper clip to disappear by shorting a UHF TV antenna...
Has anyone known or talked to Craig about it? Anyone interested in trying to repeat the experiment? What do you think can explain what happened in this experiment? Do you think this could be a real effect? Has anyone had any such effect?
I look forward to hearing from you!

Here is the report!

Back when I was about 14, something I had built did something I'd classify as odd. The circuit was simple: the DC-DC inverter salvaged out of an old xenon timing light, and one of those hoop-shaped UHF television antennas. I hooked the inverter to 12 volts DC from a wall adapter, and connected the high voltage/high frequency secondary to the two leads on the hoop. Surprisingly, the crude device didn't short out and go up in a fireball; and I could hear the inverter make a faint "whining" sound from the transformer laminations vibrating.
Somewhere along the line, I got the bright idea to stick something inside the loop and see what (if anyhthing) would happen - I expected at most some magnetic oddity. So I suspended an ordinary steel paper clip in the exact center of the ring with fine sewing thread, and plugged the circuit in. The paper clip developed a faint blue glow around it, and about ten or fifteen seconds in, IT VANISHED, leaving the sewing thread dangling free. Where did it go?

What makes this so odd? It's that when I reversed the polarity of the hoop (by doing the 'ol switcheroo of the two high voltage leads) and repowered the thing, the paper clip reappeared on the thread amidst a faint blue corona like it had the first time around. The paper clip appeared to be intact, and did not change temperature or exhibit any obvious metallurgical changes.

So this leaves the question: Where did the paperclip go anyway? Did it really "transport" to another physical location? Did it slip through our spacetime and end up in some kind of subspace domain or interfold layer? Did a quantum phase shift occur, putting it slightly out of phase with the dimension we exist in? Did it end up in another quantum reality; ie. an alternate universe? Or did it time-travel to some past or future point?

I think I can rule out a straight "transport" from one physical location to another; for the paperclip would have likely fallen on its side during the first half of transport and reappeared in a different physical orientation; assuming it reappeared at all. It might also come back very cold (from being briefly exposed to space, should it have been transported there).

Time travel also seems suspect; a very similar effect might have been observed upon its return - again, it might not even have been retrievable.

That still leaves the door wide open as to what may have happened to that paper clip after it vanished from the wire hoop.

About two weeks after this experiment, I came home from school one day to find the entire apparatus (which had been set up on a dresser) quite thoroughly destroyed; and I've never been able to re-create these results nor did I ever find out who smashed the piss out of it.

Has anybody else come across some wierd effects in some circuit they messed with, either intentionally or by accident - not counting the Bajak flux cap, of course.
Craig Johnson <toyletbowlbbs a worldnet.att.net>
Seattle, WA USA - Friday, January 21, 2000 at 03:37:35 (PST)

Treversal

A strange science experimenter named Craig Johnson caused a paper clip to disappear by shorting a UHF TV antenna...
Has anyone known or talked to Craig about it? Anyone interested in trying to repeat the experiment? What do you think can explain what happened in this experiment? Do you think this could be a real effect? Has anyone had any such effect?

Here is the report!

Back when I was about 14, something I had built did something I'd classify as odd. The circuit was simple: the DC-DC inverter salvaged out of an old xenon timing light, and one of those hoop-shaped UHF television antennas. I hooked the inverter to 12 volts DC from a wall adapter, and connected the high voltage/high frequency secondary to the two leads on the hoop. Surprisingly, the crude device didn't short out and go up in a fireball; and I could hear the inverter make a faint "whining" sound from the transformer laminations vibrating.
Somewhere along the line, I got the bright idea to stick something inside the loop and see what (if anyhthing) would happen - I expected at most some magnetic oddity. So I suspended an ordinary steel paper clip in the exact center of the ring with fine sewing thread, and plugged the circuit in. The paper clip developed a faint blue glow around it, and about ten or fifteen seconds in, IT VANISHED, leaving the sewing thread dangling free. Where did it go?

What makes this so odd? It's that when I reversed the polarity of the hoop (by doing the 'ol switcheroo of the two high voltage leads) and repowered the thing, the paper clip reappeared on the thread amidst a faint blue corona like it had the first time around. The paper clip appeared to be intact, and did not change temperature or exhibit any obvious metallurgical changes.

So this leaves the question: Where did the paperclip go anyway? Did it really "transport" to another physical location? Did it slip through our spacetime and end up in some kind of subspace domain or interfold layer? Did a quantum phase shift occur, putting it slightly out of phase with the dimension we exist in? Did it end up in another quantum reality; ie. an alternate universe? Or did it time-travel to some past or future point?

I think I can rule out a straight "transport" from one physical location to another; for the paperclip would have likely fallen on its side during the first half of transport and reappeared in a different physical orientation; assuming it reappeared at all. It might also come back very cold (from being briefly exposed to space, should it have been transported there).

Time travel also seems suspect; a very similar effect might have been observed upon its return - again, it might not even have been retrievable.

That still leaves the door wide open as to what may have happened to that paper clip after it vanished from the wire hoop.

About two weeks after this experiment, I came home from school one day to find the entire apparatus (which had been set up on a dresser) quite thoroughly destroyed; and I've never been able to re-create these results nor did I ever find out who smashed the piss out of it.

Has anybody else come across some wierd effects in some circuit they messed with, either intentionally or by accident - not counting the Bajak flux cap, of course.
THAT is my third favorite story online. The first is the neighbor of the Short-Wave Radio Time Traveler. The second is the kid that shocked himself with the end of a plug for an Atari and time traveled. And then this one. It seems that at least the writer completely believes the story.

Last edited:

Treversal

THAT is my third favorite story online. The first is the neighbor of the Short-Wave Radio Time Traveler. The second is the kind that shocked himself with the end of a plug for an Atari and time traveled. And then this one. It seems that at least the writer completely believes the story.
Wow.... was a 12 volt wall adapter involved in TWO of those stories???

Treversal

Wow.... was a 12 volt wall adapter involved in TWO of those stories???
The paper clip developed a faint blue glow around it

Back on the old Anomalies Forum I started a thread called The color of Time Travel : BLUE

Because many time travel stories including the radio story and this one contained a blue light as does Cherenkov radiation.

1613622518682.png

FarOutThere

Hi GabrielTeleport

Interesting post, I will consider it. Reminds me of a certain mad man.

By the way, where is your avatar from!?

steven chiverton

this has been online for years unusual phenomena reports etc look into mad man marcums experiments he built a Jacobs ladder and hit the arc with a hot laser and it created some small anomaly he threw a screw through it and it also re appeared somewhere else to

NaturalPhilosopher

Here is the report!

combo of AC & DC = zero vector
(gibbs equation)

NaturalPhilosopher

this has been online for years unusual phenomena reports etc look into mad man marcums experiments he built a Jacobs ladder and hit the arc with a hot laser and it created some small anomaly he threw a screw through it and it also re appeared somewhere else to
high freq & low freq = zero vector
(gibbs equation)