Creepy Crawlers in breakfast cereal

F Stein

Hi forum geeks

Just had a bowl of Flanagan's organic porridge oats tasted absolutely awful. What worse is I found what appeared to be a couple of maggots in the packet the oats came out. This is first time it's happened with this manufacturers.

It's happened to me before in the past.

That time I wrote off to the manufacturers and they wrote back saying that it's not common but it's not uncommon either as mass production of cereals you have to expect the occasional box not to be up to scratch.

The problem is it seems to becoming more common.

A friend of mine my said he had a problem with moths in his pantry and traced it back to a box of Weetabix and a while back I brought from the same manufacturers Oatibix to give them a try. Found one of the biscuits had a tooth smashing stone embedded in it.

But recently I've heard lot of people saying shite and creepy crawlers have been turned up in breakfast cereal.

What's going on? How hard can it be to quality check their products and why aren't they?

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

Hi forum geeks

Just had a bowl of Flanagan's organic porridge oats tasted absolutely awful. What worse is I found what appeared to be a couple of maggots in the package. This is first time it's happened with this manufacturers.

That time I wrote off to the manufacturers and they wrote back saying that it's not common but it's not uncommon either as mass production of cereals you have to expect the occasional box not to be up to scratch.

A friend of mine my said he had a problem with moths in his pantry and traced it back to a box of Weetabix and a while back I brought from the same manufacturers Oatibix to give them a try found one of the biscuits had a stone in it.

But recently I've heard lot of people saying shite and creepy crawlers have been turned up in breakfast cereal.

What's going on? How hard can it be to quality check their products and why aren't they?

Stop having breakfast cereals perhaps? :D..
Maybe change to fried Ham and Eggs?, a UK and US breakfast favourite for many years, apparently puts hairs on your chest! :oops::LOL:..

F Stein

Stop having breakfast cereals perhaps? :D..
Maybe change to fried Ham and Eggs?, a UK and US breakfast favourite for many years, apparently puts hairs on your chest! :oops::LOL:..
I'm a vegetarian, anyway fried ham and eggs is just the royal road to an early heart attack. I would also rather have the hair on my head.

Last edited:

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
I once got an Easy-Bake Oven as a kid. One time I "baked" the chocolate chip cookie mix and while they were still in the oven, I noticed the cookies moving :oops:... then tiny little maggots crawling their way to the top and popping out of the cookies! :eek: I'm surprised I still bake today, it was horrifying.

You'd be surprised how much these companies let slide before they issue a recall of their products.

Last edited:

steven chiverton

Hi forum geeks

Just had a bowl of Flanagan's organic porridge oats tasted absolutely awful. What worse is I found what appeared to be a couple of maggots in the packet the oats came out. This is first time it's happened with this manufacturers.

A friend of mine my said he had a problem with moths in his pantry and traced it back to a box of Weetabix and a while back I brought from the same manufacturers Oatibix to give them a try found one of the biscuits had a stone in it.

i recently uploaded 2 videos of moths found in my australian made sanitarium wheatbix and i saw one online of a women showing creapy crawlies in her daughters cereal and that was an american one