Deconstructing the Prophet

Judge Bean

In eulogy and homage to the just-dead Derrida, a short outline of Titor?s message:

1. I am from the future, here to see whether any might be willing to believe what is going to happen;

2. I don?t care if you believe me, I just want to give you an idea of what?s in store, and if I had to say anything about you I would say I have contempt for you and that you?d be better off if half of you were dead;

3. The End of the World is coming, but the virtuous will survive judgment and enter into a pacific, loving state;

4. I can?t tell you everything, but you?ll soon find out if any of this is true?this generation shall not pass away, etc;

5. I am here for both personal and official purposes, but have no personal need to publish any of this information?but check out these photos.

To ?deconstruct? the narrative leaves you with the following possible interpretation:

1. I am here from the future to find out whether your future will be the same one;

2. I would prefer the flow of information to run from you to me, so I will reduce and distort it from my direction;

3. If you imitate my conduct and past, you will be fine no matter what happens to everyone else;

4. Watch and you?ll see that I am telling the truth in all that I say, because I have predicted some of what is soon to come to pass;

5. I am publishing this because that is my assigned purpose.

To elaborate on this extrapolation, you may derive the following:

1. I am here to convince you that a civil war is imminent, which will lead to nuclear holocaust; the holocaust will result in the destruction of the government and the power base of wealth in the cities underlying modern corporate capitalism;

2. I am lying to you in order to position you to put faith in my directions, so that you will rely upon them rather than common sense or your own reason?I don?t want you to give thought a second thought;

3. Follow my directions to leave the cities, to avoid arming yourself, and to make contact with others of like mind; do as my family did, and resist the government; take up arms against it, and station yourself in the countryside?don?t worry about others? fate or welfare;

4. When these things come to pass, know that the End is nigh?and you will then know the truth of all that I say?and flee to the mountains for the End comes soon; there?s no turning back; immediately solidify your position and denounce the government;

5. My purpose is to root out and identify particular individuals who are likely to foment revolution, and persuade them to group together, without arming themselves (however wellequipped with bike repair and First Aid kits), in the countryside, so that they may be easily located, identified, and wiped

StarLord

That was Beautimous as usual.

Perhaps all this was created by the Bicycle Association due to lagging sales and by the makers of Tires & Inner tubes supported by rantings from the Camel tire repair kit. Didn't he recommend TWO tires?

Those folks would benefit immediately and come to think of it, so would the Centers that train you how to fix All Kinds of batteries at home in your spare time.

dissdnt

Originally posted by StarLord@Oct 13 2004, 03:56 PM
That was Beautimous as usual.

Perhaps all this was created by the Bicycle Association due to lagging sales and by the makers of Tires & Inner tubes supported by rantings from the Camel tire repair kit. Didn't he recommend TWO tires?

Those folks would benefit immediately and come to think of it, so would the Centers that train you how to fix All Kinds of batteries at home in your spare time.

hahha that damn Bicycle Association lobby!! DAMN THEM!!