Did Alas, Babylon predict our doom?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
alas-babylon.jpg

The book Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank was Published in 1959 and was a story about an accidental strike on Syria by the United States which prompts Russia to attack us with nuclear weapons.

Now, read this recent article:

Russia positioning tanks at airfield in Syria's Latakia province: US officials

I'm sure you can find more examples in Google.

I'm not very good with history and politics. Does anyone know if Latakia was significant in military and political activity back in 1959? Was Pat Frank just being insightful, or did he know something?

As some of you know, *some* of John Titor's story came from this book, which could imply that both Titor and Frank were in communication, as crazy as it sounds. Since this is a paranormal site, I'm going to stick with that implication for this particular thread.

I took extensive notes on Alas, Babylon as I read it, but it's been a while. I'll have to go back and review them.

By the way, it's a very good book. Read it. :)

TimeFlipper

Perhaps Paula could provide us with some of her notes about this?
I know that i would be interested to know more, especially with the collusion between Titor and Frank :)

TimeFlipper

I remember reading about a lot of psychics and remote viewers (if there is a distinction between the 2) that none of them could look beyond 2012 ..could this be because there was no future from that point, which might indicate nuclear explosions created a time-rift, back to 2012? :eek:
Or am i being stupid again? :D

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I remember reading about a lot of psychics and remote viewers (if there is a distinction between the 2) that none of them could look beyond 2012 ..could this be because there was no future from that point, which might indicate nuclear explosions created a time-rift, back to 2012? :eek:
Or am i being stupid again? :D

Read Alas, Babylon.
Read the Titor posts.
Read the articles I posted.
Amazement.

Poison Pen

Well as we all know 2012 was a hoax and we are still here so that nixes anything to do with 2012....Russian intervention in Syria was bound to happen especially since Putin is trying to save the Assad regime. Judging from the OP book cover picture the book looks really old. As far as Titor and this time machine stuff even if I read it I most likely would not buy it. Have not read or seen anything that would convince me time travel is possible. Hell, Nostradamus used hydromancy to make his predictions.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
The book mentioned a specific accident. It could happen and if it does, then my theory about Alas, Babylon is correct. This thread isn't intended to be a debate about whether or not Titor is real.

TimeFlipper

Well as we all know 2012 was a hoax and we are still here so that nixes anything to do with 2012....Russian intervention in Syria was bound to happen especially since Putin is trying to save the Assad regime. Judging from the OP book cover picture the book looks really old. As far as Titor and this time machine stuff even if I read it I most likely would not buy it. Have not read or seen anything that would convince me time travel is possible. Hell, Nostradamus used hydromancy to make his predictions.
So?...ive tried whiskymancy, whatever floats your boat baby lol :D

Poison Pen

The book mentioned a specific accident. It could happen and if it does, then my theory about Alas, Babylon is correct. This thread isn't intended to be a debate about whether or not Titor is real.

Did not imply this Titor was not real. And it may have helped if you had described what accident your referring to or at least an over view of it. The batteries are dead on my crystal ball.

This thread isn't intended to be a debate about whether or not Titor is real.

That seems to be a common theme here. No debate, just hypothetical situations and a lot of what ifs.

Poison Pen

So?...ive tried whiskymancy, whatever floats your boat baby lol :D

The hydromancy reference was to highlight that people use all kinds of methods to predict their chicken little phobias.