Did Alas, Babylon predict our doom?

walt willis

The folks living within our major cities are in the greatest danger as they may not survive a world war or even a civil war.
If Ted Koppel's new book is any indication of the danger we may soon face, 90% of the people now living in cities would perish within a year or two.
I knew about the danger of a EMP and a CME, but never gave a thought about a cyber attack on the nations power grid.
It seems like the most likely way we will be destroyed.

Poison Pen

The folks living within our major cities are in the greatest danger as they may not survive a world war or even a civil war.
If Ted Koppel's new book is any indication of the danger we may soon face, 90% of the people now living in cities would perish within a year or two.
I knew about the danger of a EMP and a CME, but never gave a thought about a cyber attack on the nations power grid.
It seems like the most likely way we will be destroyed.

Would create a serious health and safety threat and most likely an economic blow but would not take out the entire human race.......According to this article in USA Today the nations power grid is struck about every 4 days by some kind of cyber attack:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...er-attacks-concern-security-experts/24892471/

But then again it comes down to who you believe. The paranoid conspiracy crowd or the alternative news sites.....

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
There was a Russian flyby over a US vessel in the Baltic. Nothing was shot down. I thought the Syrian incident where a Russian plane was shot down occurred a couple of months ago.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
There was a Russian flyby over a US vessel in the Baltic. Nothing was shot down. I thought the Syrian incident where a Russian plane was shot down occurred a couple of months ago.

I'm confused. Time is going by way too fast. I can't seem to find the original article about a Russian jet being shot down.
Here is one from November:

Putin blames US for downed Russian plane

I could have sworn it was the, U.S., though. I didn't post a link here. Odd.