Did Alas, Babylon predict our doom?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
That seems to be a common theme here. No debate, just hypothetical situations and a lot of what ifs.

You are free to debate Titor. Just do it in the proper thread, please.

My first post stated:

"The book Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank was Published in 1959 and was a story about an accidental strike on Syria by the United States which prompts Russia to attack us with nuclear weapons."

And if you read the articles I posted, people are pointing out conditions that increase the likelihood of this happening.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Sorry, everyone. I'm on for very, very short moments at a time because I got a job and I'm always in a hurry.

The book was about the United States accidentally shooting down a Russian plane in Syria, prompting Russia to start a Nuclear War. Furthermore, Titor's story parallels the book a little bit --- the stuff about the oranges, the fact that it was in Florida, etc. The eerie part is that recent news articles are stating that conditions are likely that such an accident could very well happen. And as food for thought, I pointed out the questions: Was the author just insightful or did he know something in advance? This is a paranormal site so playing with the idea that someone told the author to write the book would fit nicely here.

It's hard to discuss because nobody has read it. It's actually a really good piece of fiction that I highly recommend.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Well as we all know 2012 was a hoax and we are still here so that nixes anything to do with 2012....Russian intervention in Syria was bound to happen especially since Putin is trying to save the Assad regime. Judging from the OP book cover picture the book looks really old. As far as Titor and this time machine stuff even if I read it I most likely would not buy it. Have not read or seen anything that would convince me time travel is possible. Hell, Nostradamus used hydromancy to make his predictions.
As Paula said, this discussion doesn't intend to analyse if Titor is legit or a hoax, so it would be nice of you not to turn it into a debate.

Thanks

walt willis

I believe that the question of what time is and how time works may be hard to explain because there may not be time as we know linear time.
We perceive time as being sequential some it is hard to think of time as being Omni present.
The past present and future exist together.
Events in all three are in constant flux because some one or something can move around in what we perceive as linear time.
Everything and anything from the past to the future may change at anytime but we only see a small part or slice of events.
Try to relax and enjoy the ride being human provides.

Krish

The book Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank was Published in 1959 and was a story about an accidental strike on Syria by the United States which prompts Russia to attack us with nuclear weapons.

. :)

That is a good possibility because our GOP side is causing similar talks like they did with 11 hours of Clinton this time. Anything can go up in this mess....

Atomic weapons may be not...but major fire fights can happen....

walt willis

I thought the book was written by Matt Bracken?
Hey Paula can you share a little more about your take on the book?
We all know that a next war will happen, but the question is when and in what form it may take.
If you study history you may notice that John Titor may have done the same and guest that the next war would be far worst then any previous war in the past.
Or he may be a real time traveler?
Seems like we are well overdue for another big world war and if you see how the world economy has nowhere to go but down, then it will be war as a way to push the blame or some other country.
Pray for the folks in the large metropolitan areas as they may take the big hits in the next world war.

TimeFlipper

I believe that if there ever was a nuclear war, the latest Neutron bombs would be used as these have a low blast area but very high radiation and therefore only the people would die and little damage would be done to buildings....The radiation has a very rapid decay factor, so troops could visit the bombed areas within one week without being harmed..

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I thought the book was written by Matt Bracken?
Hey Paula can you share a little more about your take on the book?
We all know that a next war will happen, but the question is when and in what form it may take.
If you study history you may notice that John Titor may have done the same and guest that the next war would be far worst then any previous war in the past.
Or he may be a real time traveler?
Seems like we are well overdue for another big world war and if you see how the world economy has nowhere to go but down, then it will be war as a way to push the blame or some other country.
Pray for the folks in the large metropolitan areas as they may take the big hits in the next world war.

Nope. Pat Frank.

The war happens in December in the book. I got 2015 from Titor since Titor referenced a few things in the book, such as selling oranges, the river, etc.

It's a good book and not very long. Read it. :)

The author was form Florida at the time - Jacksonville.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Here is a link to the PDF of the book:

https://bwulchak.wikispaces.com/fil....pdf/538889780/alas_babylon pdf read free.pdf

Again, I'd like to apologize for my vagueness, but I finally have a chance to sit down with my notes. Here are a few interesting tidbits about the book:

Alas, Babylon was written by Harry Hart Frank, but he put Pat frank as the author. Interestingly, he has a son named Pat. That can imply all sorts of things, so the only way to really know why he put Pat on the cover is to ask him. :)

Some books' characters reference places. This is another reason why I am suspicious about this book containing messages, although I haven't found a connection to anything in particular. Examples:

Missouri
Florence
The Bragg Family (Fort Bragg)

Other interesting tidbits:

The color blue was referenced 29 times. Why?

The book mentioned a female president declaring martial law. I guess that wouldn't exactly be 2015 if it were a prediction.

I made a map of a potential safe zone, which is on my website. The author listed, in more precise detail than I showed (I filled it in my state), the exact border of the contaminated zones. They would make perfect sense to me, but I notice the fault lines that run through the contaminated zones. That's where I came up with the earthquake theory.

The name Bragg is mentioned 83 times. It is a name, a location of a military fort, and the author also mentioned a mineral - Braggite.
Why?

Anyway, I have a whole notebook of notes but am still trying to piece it all together.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
The river mentioned is the Saint John's River. Remember that Titor mentioned a river. This river is on the east side of Florida .
It is pretty close to Orlando and Celebration, Florida, where Titor's IP was once traced.