• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Yeah, I watched most of it in 2012-2013 on Netflix. I think I stopped at season 8 or 9. Must have been the season Mulder wasn't on the show. I kind of lost interest there.

Did you like it?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
During its run, I think I watched a couple of seasons. I liked it and would have watched more, but never enough free time.

Beholder

Followed the X-files episodes on a color television with my sister when the show was new. During the time, everything was so blurry from analog signals that one could not notice the special effects. Adding even more blur was the best available noise reduction. When we watched it again on a high definition television, the stop-motion clay animated aliens did not look as good anymore.

Wind7

Staff
I caught onto the show after it was well into it's second season and never really got caught up.
But what I did see, I liked.

It was weird seeing Robert Patrick taking David Duchovny's place there for awhile.
I was happy to see the X-Files make a comeback a few years ago but,
when Gillian Anderson decided to leave, it was all over.

I remember an episode from the reboot that involved AI going all haywire on Mulder and Scully,
that was a good one. Had very limited dialogue from them IIRC.

Wind7

Staff

Mulder refuses to give the fully AI automated restaurant a tip and from there on,
they are both stalked by all sorts of AI driven things.

It's become one of my favorites.

Last edited:

MODAT7

I've seen some seasons a long time ago but not all. A local TV station airs multiple eps per day, but I don't have the time to sit down and watch them. A friend binged them several months ago. He was saying they started with a pretty good story arc, then eventually degraded to the monster of the week, then somewhat came back.

Wind7

Staff
I've seen some seasons a long time ago but not all. A local TV station airs multiple eps per day, but I don't have the time to sit down and watch them. A friend binged them several months ago. He was saying they started with a pretty good story arc, then eventually degraded to the monster of the week, then somewhat came back.

Chris Carter, the creator of X-Files was a huge fan of The Night Stalker movies and series from the 70's,
that's where the monster of the week influence was derived from.
There was always an underlying theme of Govt involvement and conspiracy.

I remember seeing the X-Files movie when it first came out...Seems forever ago now.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
I've seen every episode at least twice - Including the reboot, and both movies. It's one of my favorite series of all time. 👽

I will agree though, it did kinda suck when Mulder left... Agent Doggett just wasn't the same, he didn't fill the Mulder-void. And the plot just became absolutely ridiculous.