Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Did We Go to the Moon?

First, I voted YES because I can't believe we're such sheep that they didn't tell us the real deal about the moon. But... When I look at all the pics, videos, and arguments, somethings make me wonder if we ever went on the moon in 69.

Take a look at these pics of the lander.
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/alsj/a14/AS14-66-9254HR.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8b/5927_NASA.jpg

Like they say on some other sites, do you really think this mess of tinfoil and plastic can go to the moon and get back to the main spacecraft, let alone "fly" !?! Does it look tough and reliable ? uhg. I know nothing about the stuff they used to build this lander, but it sure looks like a model in a studio.

Wow, I'm sure they went on the moon, but oh..uh.. :eek:

Num7

Apogee

Re: Did We Go to the Moon?

I've had a long-standing interest in manned spaceflight since a kid and my bookshelves groan with books on the subject.

The fact is the Moon Landing Hoax has been completely and soundly debunked on every single level.

David Percy, one of its most outspoken proponents, has even removed his own Wikipedia entry in embarrassment.

So-called 'experts' like him are anything but.

The hoax idea has absolutely no logic to it, no science that stands up and no common sense.

The fact that the LM looks flimsy is a reflection of the fact that, in once sense, it had to be as weight restrictions were one of the biggest problems when Grumman was developing the spacecraft. The fact is it couldn't even support its own weight if it landed on the earth. This makes the courage of the men who flew it all the more remarkable.

Poor, foolsihly misguided Bart Sibrel spent all that time trying to get Moonwalking astronauts to swear on a bible that they'd been to the moon. Of course, most of them wouldn't give him the time of the day -and Aldrin even famously popped him one when Sibrel called him a coward and liar- but Alan Bean (By far the most affable of the Apollo guys), had no problem with swearing on a bible. But is that good enough for idiots like Sibrel?

Ask yourself this...If the moon landing was a hoax, why would they jeopardise the conspiracy by repeating it SIX more times?

Leave this particular conspiracy where it belongs...in the grabage can.

Harte

I agree.

It's grabage. :D

Harte

gonzogirl

I know for a fact that Jurgen36 says we did not land on the moon.
(means we did...:))

Keroscene

gonzogirl said:
I know for a fact that Jurgen36 says we did not land on the moon.
(means we did...:))

He said a very close friend of his, who happens to work for NASA, hinted during a conversation that they never went to the moon. Which is anecdotal evidence. But its weird how people resort to that as convincing evidence when everything else is easily debunked.

Besides that, I think kcwildman also believes that we didn't go to the moon. He was wondering why we can't see the evidence that we went there with telescopes. I think I remember him saying that they sell hunting scopes at walmart that are powerful enough to see the lunar rover. He doesnt believe the reasons why we can't see any of the stuff they left there.

oh well....

gonzogirl

baudmiksen said:
He said a very close friend of his, who happens to work for NASA, hinted during a conversation that they never went to the moon. Which is anecdotal evidence. But its weird how people resort to that as convincing evidence when everything else is easily debunked.

Besides that, I think kcwildman also believes that we didn't go to the moon. He was wondering why we can't see the evidence that we went there with telescopes. I think I remember him saying that they sell hunting scopes at walmart that are powerful enough to see the lunar rover. He doesnt believe the reasons why we can't see any of the stuff they left there.

oh well....

When J36 told me that ..it was so intriging that I did listen. did.
But as of late...i dont listen so much:).....I think we did in fact land on the moon.
Us landing on the moon set in motion, others landing on the moon and setting up space stations....so I think that it is real.
I mean it took alot of failures before we or the Soviets had any success.
I was so young but I do remember sitting in fron of our tv with my parents bawling their eyes out with awe.
Kc wildman is a friend so he knows I think hes a nut sometimes....seeing evidence with a telescope...I need to send kc a message that GOD wiped away all evidence!
Im glad he sees humor.

You are so mean GG! :D

Harte

I know.....im soooo high school.

Harte

You're very aggravating too, with your "special" bolded font.

You know, of course, when anyone tries to quote you, your font gets stuck all over whatever they're trying to write!

AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!! :D :D

Harte

gonzogirl

Harte said:
You're very aggravating too, with your "special" bolded font.

You know, of course, when anyone tries to quote you, your font gets stuck all over whatever they're trying to write!

AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!! :D :D

Harte

I only use the bold font because if I dont nobody will read what I have to say!
I have to catch peoples attention somehow.
Seriously though, I volunteer and write news segments for community radio, KBOO, and they dont let me use any boldness whatsoever!;)

Harte

gonzogirl said:
I only use the bold font because if I dont nobody will read what I have to say!
I have to catch peoples attention somehow.
Don't be ridicurous.

I read what you say, bold or not.

And anyway, you have a bold enough personality, the font is simply overkill! :D

Harte