Did You Ever Feel Like You Weren't Born In The Right Time Period?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I did feel like that a few times when I was younger. Sometimes I felt like life seemed better back then compared to today. I thought it was funny and it made me wonder if I was a time traveller.

I didn't ask myself serious question about being a time traveller, I'm not a time traveller.I know, life wasn't easier or better back then!

Did you ever ask yourself questions regarding if you did belong here or not? What if you life would have been better if you were born in the past? Perhaps you're that kind of person who should live in medieval times?

Did you ever feel that you don't belong here?

kcwildman

Beastmaster
well as a fatter of a mact.. I have felt out of place my hole life....it was like I was alloud to take part, but not realy be one of the inside group.. I have found threw many years of interacting with the(normal people) and public at large..that I just don't think like others do.. I don't see the value of there toys,, or understand there priorties.. the life I was taught as a child by my grandpa does not exsist anymore.. I can not do for myself in the maner I was taught.. by the age of ten he had showed me how to servive in the wilds with only my hands to make tools/wepons and my wits to guide me.... it is now a crime to hunt/fish if you don't pay the thugs there extortion money.. in fact you have no rite to life at all without money to buy it..the people of today would die in less than 30 days,, without all there gadgets and toys... I have often been so discouraged about this I nearly turned my back on all of it,, and walked into the deep mountian forest never to fool with any of it again.... have even told friends...that if I did walk away not to come looking for me cause I would not be happy when I saw them coming,, and they would never see me or be able to find me....
I am my grandfathers little savage and truely am barely house broke..
he told me that the two animal spirits I draw my power from are the eagle and the gray lizard,,,
the wolf and the buffalow are my brothers.....
but thats just old indian stuff he use to tell me as a kid

Num7

Administrator
Staff
People need gadgets and toys today and don't care about each others either. Sometimes that makes you feel alone in a crowd. We have cellphones, computers and stuff, but we don't talk to each others face to face, why is that? Sounds like we're in the digital age.

I'd rather talk to someone on the phone than send him an email, and I'd rather talk to this person face to face than over the phone. We got tools to communicate that were impossible to imagine back then, but we're more and more alone.

I like to communicate using non-technological means!

Num7

Administrator
Staff
When I think about it, I'd have a hard time not showering everyday.

I think a lot of people feel like they don't belong to society. I wouldn't say I'm one of them though, but sometimes you just feel like you're the only one feeling like that. I wonder if people were happier back then.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
sadly I would have to say no, they were not. as my dear old grandpa use to say when I would daydream of cowboys and the like..
boy there aint no good old days :(

Computerbug

I feel as though I should have been born in the future, or sometime during the 50s or so, or basically anytime other than now because right now people my age group are nothing like me, I've always had a completely different mindset, I've always had way different interests, and I even look quite a bit different from them. I feel like if I was born in a future even further engulfed in technology and sleep was not required then I would fit in quite nicely.

Computerbug

That would would probably be a perfect future for me, my biggest problem is that I hate wasting time just lying in bed for several hours just to sleep. Somebody really needs to work on something for that right away.:ROFLMAO:

Num7

Administrator
Staff
That would would probably be a perfect future for me, my biggest problem is that I hate wasting time just lying in bed for several hours just to sleep. Somebody really needs to work on something for that right away.:ROFLMAO:
Same here, I'm wasting hours every night because I can't get to fall asleep. I assume my brain never stops. In the future, they'll invent pills called "Brain Break". No, it won't break your brain, it'll just give it a break so you can sleep in the next minutes.

I tried a drink called Slow Cow once, they gave us some at a IT security conference, it's supposed to be the opposite of that Red Bull. It didn't do anything to me and tasted nothing I can relate to...uh!. Don't try it, wait until they release the real pills.

In the pas people were working hard on their land, with animals and stuff from 5AM to midnight every day of the week. I'm pretty sure when they were going to bed they were so physically exhausted they fell asleep in a few minutes. My Grandpa was like that.