Do you argue to win or to lose?

Gnostic Christian

I see many feisty debates and apologetics, with little potential for a happy conclusion and wondered what motivates us all.

Preach, teach, or learn comes to mind.

Do you want to loser arguments or win them?

Which gives you the most pleasure and pain?

Regards

DL

alpha centauri

I see many feisty debates and apologetics, with little potential for a happy conclusion and wondered what motivates us all.

Preach, teach, or learn comes to mind.

Do you want to loser arguments or win them?

Which gives you the most pleasure and pain?

I think some of the people have to missionize according to their religion. That order is in the bible, as far as I know.

I discuss because I want to discuss or clarify things. I think if you want to win, that is a negative intention and also if you want to humiliate your opponent.

Gnostic Christian

I think some of the people have to missionize according to their religion. That order is in the bible, as far as I know.

I discuss because I want to discuss or clarify things. I think if you want to win, that is a negative intention and also if you want to humiliate your opponent.

??

Educating and correcting are not usually done to humiliate. Scriptures say it is a show of love.

If the one corrected feels humiliation instead of thankfulness for the correction, that is on him and not on the more intelligent.

That preaching component hardly ever happens these days.

Those in the god religions cannot do decent apologetics for their genocidal god.

You have seen the garbage they spew here.

Regards
DL

alpha centauri

Educating and correcting are not usually done to humiliate.
Yes I agree.

If the one corrected feels humiliation instead of thankfulness for the correction, that is on him and not on the more intelligent.
The problem is that other people read the stuff in discussion boards. So you have to clarify some things. But you should try to do it in a way that they dont feel humiliated. That is a consideration what is more important. You cannot prevent that they feel humiliated in every case.

For example if they distribute conspiracy theories about Jews that result in antisemitism. Then they will probably feel humiliated, cif you call them out.

That preaching component hardly ever happens these days.
Dont you know Yehova´s witnesses? They preach pretty regularly and go to every house, I think at least once a year, depending how many of those witnesses live in your town or city.

Those in the god religions cannot do decent apologetics for their genocidal god.

You have seen the garbage they spew here.

I do not read everything. But You know my opinion, I am against genocide and I think those parts are not of God.

Last edited:

Gnostic Christian

Yes I agree.

The problem is that other people read the stuff in discussion boards. So you have to clarify some things. But you should try to do it in a way that they dont feel humiliated. That is a consideration what is more important. You cannot prevent that they feel humiliated in every case.

For example if they distribute conspiracy theories about Jews that result in antisemitism. Then they will probably feel humiliated, cif you call them out.

Dont you know Yehova´s witnesses? They preach pretty regularly and go to every house, I think at least once a year, depending how many of those witnesses live in your town or city.

I do not read everything. But You know my opinion, I am against genocide and I think those parts are not of God.

It is if it is the satanic Abrahamic god.

Yahweh -- Noah.
Jesus -- Armageddon.

I need say no more.

Regards
DL