Do you reckon Ronald Mallet is legitimate with his theories & work?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Nope. Light doesn't travel in circles. And no one has ever verified that light has mass. It's all just make believe.

TimeFlipper

Nope. Light doesn't travel in circles. And no one has ever verified that light has mass. It's all just make believe.
To be fair to Mallet he was constructing a model of the universe...His Ring Laser (Electromagnetic) represented the universe in which Einstein postulated that everything returns to its point of origin, like when he said if he stood on a hill and shot an arrow into the universe it would at some point come back and hit him in the back :eek: Mallett construed this as a circular universe :cool:

Following on with Einstein in his theory of Relativity, he said that both matter and energy could produce a Gravitational field..
So now we have the spinning Ring Laser into which is placed a Photon, which is "dragged" around by the resulting Gravitational Field and was supposed to have returned back in time relevant to another Photon :D

RHYS

I am keeping an open mind abt Mallet's work. The multi-laser model he built sounds as promising as any other tangible model I've seen. The secret of controlled time travel could also betray laws and logic known in this world. It would be ironic if it's "discovery" came as a result of even accidental trial and error. Could you imagine - what could/would actually happen if it wasn't a product of the big dogs?

sinead

I vaguely recall watching a documentary & our science teacher telling us also, that there was a time hole made in around 1880s - 1920s, were someone put their hand at one end of the room through the time hole & it ended up at the other end of the room were the second hole was stationed. anyone know of that one?

TimeFlipper

I vaguely recall watching a documentary & our science teacher telling us also, that there was a time hole made in around 1880s - 1920s, were someone put their hand at one end of the room through the time hole & it ended up at the other end of the room were the second hole was stationed. anyone know of that one?
Maybe he had a very long arm :D