Doctor Who is back

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
Doctor Who is back

... with avengeance, so the BBC suits say. 25% of the viewing public have sat rooted to their TV's for 45 minutes every saturday night for the last 3 weeks.Every other show on every other channel has played second fiddle, so far.

The latest incarnation of the TARDIS helps stamp quality over all the work that you see done. It's organic/cybernetic/leviathan alieness, simply and quickly sets this Doctor apart from all his predecessors.

17.jpg

To be fair though, the Doctor is not the star of the show, his assistant is. Many of you may remember 15-16 year old Billie Piper belting out such memorable number 1's as Hunny to the Bee... No! Ah well,never mind. As Rose Tyler she gets to ask all those questions about what you the viewer want to know, regarding what is going on, and can't ask.

"Doctor, why are you using that flashing pen thingy on that Dalek's Gun-thingy?"

"It's me Sonic Screwdriver Rose, I'm using it to get this Dalek's gun off before it wakes up from it's recharge state. If it has no gun, it can't threaten us can it?" Beamed the Doctor.

You see the relationship forming already...

bigbilliehex.gif

To be fair, Rose Tyler is probably one of the best assistants that the good Dr has ever had... and she's a looker too. It is her destiny to assume command of the TARDIS att he end of this season when Doctor number 9 dies as he is sucked out of the TARDIS doors.

bigchrishex.gif

Christopher Eccleston has pulled off a good performance. He has managed to woo new viewers without alienating the existing fan base. He has revealed himself as the last of his race, the Timelords, as they were destroyed in a Time War. He is troubled by the crimes that he committed in the war and now homeless and societyless, he is a vagabond in time and space.

Chris has got atittie on though, as Billie/Rose is drawing all the fan mail and resulting adulation at the BBCand with the viewers, so he ditched his contract and has had to go back and film his death. The Producers are currently looking for Dr number 10, only 2 more of his 12 incarnations to go... could be off air by 2009? :unsure:

The first three episodes have been very good so far. If you get a chance in the US, watch them, they are a British Institution going back to 1963.

vinny

Re: Doctor Who is back

I saw the new show tonight. Its great!. New side kick girl is less anoying and is at least not some emaciated waif. The TARDIS is bigger and badder than ever. My daughter was rolling her eyes but said at least the Dr. doesn't have an afro and a long scarf. Sounded like she almost approved. Timelords rule. We found out that the Dr. is last one and rest are gone along with his planet. The plot thickens.

CaryP

I recognize Christopher Eccelston's picture. He played the somewhat deranged Col. from 28 Days Later. Excellent flick IMO, Eccelston did a fine job in his role as the crazy Col. It was easy to cheer when his character gets it in the end. Haven't seen the Dr. Who series yet, but I'll be on the lookout for it in the states.

Cary

Chronodynamic Jim

I heard that Scott Bacula was signed to play the Dr. once Enterprise finishes up. Don't know if it's for this show or an American incarnation.

vinny

Oh noooo! spare us! Scot B! a yank! Just wouldn't be Dr. Who ,would it? I've been tunning in, on and off since the 60s. The dry British humour, the acent, the bad sets. Mess with that and you wouldn't have the fans watching. Anybody know it the Darleks are showing up in future episodes?

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

Eek! Scott Bakula!

There will be no American actor playing the good Doctor. As license payers UK citizens pay directly for BBC services and our will shall be done as we would never stand for it... sorry Scott.

Christopher Eccleston has resigned and been recalled to re-film the season finale. Yes Cary, he plays a good 'nutter', yet he was unhappy with his role in 28 days. He has spat playing the Doctor as he doesn't want to be 'type-cast', but the real reason appears to be the adoration that Billie Piper is getting as his assistant, Rose Tyler... petulant little bugger isn't he?

David Tennant, od BBC's Casanova fame, has been invited to apply for the part as he and the main writer, Russell T Davis, are good friends. Davis wrote Casanova and knows Tennants style.

casanova1.jpg

David seen here with some of his conquests from Casanova.

He would be Doctor 10, 2 more to go.

Wind7

Staff

I heard that Scott Bacula was signed to play the Dr. once Enterprise finishes up. Don't know if it's for this show or an American incarnation.

I could not imagine Bacula as The Doctor! (Replying to a very old post...I know, I know! ;) )

Tom Baker as the 4th Doctor is why I'm a fan to this day.

Can't say I'm thrilled with RTD's ideas for The Doctor now it's nearly the year 2024!
You really shouldn't dump on the fans that have been following Dr. Who since 1963.

I have left several comments on YouTube and my standing is this:

I don't need to know pronouns.....I don't need to understand diversity.....
I live an apolitical life....Poli doesn't need to be in my entertainment.

I am not PC and I guess I would 'Identify as a question' if I felt the need to be identified at all.
It's starts with "Hello....How are you?" (I guess)
I'm only human and my friends are not pre-ordained by judgement.

Will this post get me in trouble? I hope not.

I love Doctor Who and I will see where RTD is going to take the tale
with eyes wide open.....Not woken.