Does an electric field or a magnetic field have mass

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
If you go with Newtonian physics then both fields are comprised of force. Thus using Newton's equation F=MA, the answer to your question would be yes. But in the real world force is not divisible. So mass has never been measured. It is merely used in physics math to make one thing equal to something else. Except that in the real world those math rules don't apply. So no apples are spontaneously turning into oranges. And no piles of bullshit are turning into gold bullion either.

F Stein

If you go with Newtonian physics then both fields are comprised of force. Thus using Newton's equation F=MA, the answer to your question would be yes. But in the real world force is not divisible. So mass has never been measured. It is merely used in physics math to make one thing equal to something else. Except that in the real world those math rules don't apply. So no apples are spontaneously turning into oranges. And no piles of bullshit are turning into gold bullion either.
I thought your E=MC2 @Einstein stated mass and energy is the same thing, therefore if electric fields and magnetic fields are also different aspects of the same thing and if they produce mass? Well mass affects gravity therefore can affect time. I'm trying to make heads and tails of this schematic email to me by @Starlite she claims is a gravitational dilation machine. I'm trying to work out if it's bulshit or bullion, to use your terminology.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I thought your E=MC2 @Einstein stated mass and energy is the same thing, therefore if electric fields and magnetic fields are also different aspects of the same thing and if they produce mass? Well mass affects gravity therefore can affect time. I'm trying to make heads and tails of this schematic email to me by @Starlite she claims is a gravitational dilation machine. I'm trying to work out if it's bulshit or bullion, to use your terminology.
Mass doesn't affect gravity in our universe. A more accurate way to describe it would be to say a quantity af matter affects gravity. Mass is just a mathematical convenience for mathematicians to use.

The problem is there are supposed to be 9 different types of mass. All of which have never been verified. Then you get people jumping into the mix and creating mathematical equalities that just do not exist. To me it just looks like more and more bullshit piled higher and deeper.

Harte

I thought energy and mass where simply different sides of the coin. Mass is energy and energy is mass.?
Photons are the carriers of the electromagnetic force. Photons are massless at rest. Photons have what's called "relativistic mass" which is based entirely on their energy level (wavelength,) but it only manifests as momentum and then only if the photon strikes something. It certainly doesn't warp space, which is what any particle with a rest mass does.

Harte