Does Duran Duran Know Something?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I wasn't sure where to post this. I was listening to "New Moon on Monday" by Duran Duran and I thought, wow, Titor could have sung the lyrics. haha. So, for grins and giggles, I searched for a New Moon on Monday in 2015 and there wasn't a single one on a Monday that year. I did some googling and found this thread on another forum:

"New Moon On Monday? Duran Duran's Illuminati Message?", page 1

So, people are apparently wondering if Duran Duran has hidden messages in their music. I know it sounds schizophrenic, so please keep in mind I am just throwing the idea around. For fun, perhaps we should do some analyzing, without harsh remarks and insults, please. This is just for fun.

At the link above, you will find song lyrics and photos of the 7 of the Ragged Tiger album. There, people are comparing them to the Illuminati.

Interesting: They are fascinated with the number 7 and days of the week throughout this whole album.

Simon Lebon is definitely very creative. He has always poetically played with words in his lyrics, so it could be nothing more than that, but it's interesting to think about.

They do touch base with time travel in the video for "Is There Something I Should Know". :)

I know, I know. Why would a British Pop Band have ties with a conspiracy? They probably don't, but I've found them to be very different and creative. They probably just think the way some of us do. :)

I'll find some more examples of their music later. I have company from Holland arriving any minute now.

IroncladMarshmallow

I'm gonna say... no... no message, hidden or otherwise. The lyrics make no sense. Play the music backward and see if you can hear anything. Otherwise it's just more random lyrics that mean nothing.

Remember, the illuminati were supposedly a secret group running things from behind the scenes. They wouldn't advertise themselves in music.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I'm gonna say... no... no message, hidden or otherwise. The lyrics make no sense. Play the music backward and see if you can hear anything. Otherwise it's just more random lyrics that mean nothing.

Remember, the illuminati were supposedly a secret group running things from behind the scenes. They wouldn't advertise themselves in music.

I know, I'm not the one that thought Illuminati. People blame them for everything. If you read that link, people give their own interpretations of the lyrics. :)

LMB

Duran Duran are NOT part of the Illuminati. As far as their third studio album "Seven and the Ragged Tiger." The seven refers to Nick, John, Roger, Simon and Andy. The five members of Duran Duran. The last two refer to their managers at the time. Michael and Paul Berrow.
They have NEVER received the credit they deserve. This band has been ridiculed and torn to shreds by the critics. Yet they are still going strong after 36+ years.
This is the band dubbed "The Fab Five" the second British invasion. The band that made Mtv a household name.
Simon is the lyricist, he's also a prior art student. So the artsy fartsy type. He's considered a "diva" which means he can hit all 8 octaves. His is, a GOD, given talent none other. John and Nick are the founders. They ALL have worked hard for what they have and deserve every bit of their success.
People are shocked when they attend their concerts. You might as well be home listening to their music. That's what it sounds like. The experience is like NO other. THEY ARE NOT PART OF THE ILLUMINATI!

Orpheus Rex

Duran Duran is omnipotent. They watch you while you are sleeping to see if you've been naughty or nice... and then if you've been good, Nick Rhodes will give you toys on the eve of June 8th.
But if you are bad, John Taylor will leave you compilation albums of nothing but bass solos.

Bullethead21

Lyrics from music have long inspired, amazed, and for sure can give insight to many otherwise "hidden" information.

Let's not forget after all that sound is possibly one of the most powerful forces in the universe.......and music therefore is very powerful.

The lyrics and vocalist obviously would play a huge role in this.

Music is so powerful that our brains will actually "sync" with the time signatures that the song is played in........think about that and what it means........ever hear someone say a certain type of music makes them speed up while driving a car???

I often wonder if depression for example could be treated with "music" instead of "drugs"??

Can music not change your "mood"??

You can take music into many areas of study.......like meditation methods for example. People who have trouble reaching higher meditation states often use subliminal beats to quickly reach advanced stages of meditation states.

Conspiracy is all over the place with music as well. An example of this is when the frequency of standard tuning for a "A" note was changed a very long time ago from 432hz to what it currently is which is 440hz

And if you wanna research this further, look into what is known as the secret "key" from Tesla..........the famously "3 6 9" mystery.......

This particular conspiracy falls over into religion even as it states in the bible that God "spoke" the universe into existence.........

When we "speak", our voices are in a certain "key", this leads some to believe that the change was made to hide our creative abilities and the relation to resonant frequencies, and the corresponding geometry.

I'm sure you guys have seen the experiments where sand is placed on a flat surface and then the flat surface is then placed into different frequencies of sound, and the corresponding geometric shapes formed from the sound is eye opening to say the least.

Nikola Tesla — 'If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.'

Last edited:

Orpheus Rex

Illuminati means 'enlightened.' They are also know as 'Perfectibili' which means 'perfected.' It applies to a large swath of what is called "Mystery Religions," which have historically included many groups - like the Cathars. The Albigensian Crusade was against the Cathar Perfectibili who were elites who determined that they had achieved perfection and could do no sin (i.e. whatever they did was not sin, whether they raped or murdered or genocided.) By their self-professed perfection they could do whatever they wanted to the lower classes - whom they had economic, social, and legal power over.

Other groups included the Bavarian Illuminati founded by Weipshaut, which was a moving factor behind the French Revolution. The French Revolution was Illuminist itself. Rosseau said "Let them eat cake" but the phrase has been misattributed to Marie Antoinnette due to the strength of their propaganda. The Revolutionary Government had determined to murder %50-%75 of the French population, but was unable to due to logistic limitations and Napoleon. They did butcher entire villages.

The Bolsheviks and the Nazis both had Illuminist foundations. More obscure groups, like the Occulists, managed to keep their secret for centuries - when computers cracked a centuries old code found in a chest, with know way of knowing whether the group still exists.

Illuminist philosophy has gone mainstream, so it wouldn't require there to be some cabal pulling puppet strings, the culture has simply become illuminist in it's worldview. (It's not that there absolutely is no cabal, cabals do exist.)

The occult secrets are firstly about illusion are showmanship. You know if you go to a Magician's show that it's a show, but you are still deceived and do not know the trick. The same for these kind of societies. They put on a show and you can't know where the trick of it is.

But on top of that, you do have a lot of people historically who simply admit to conspiracy. You can get H.G. Wells to write a book about the grand illuminist conspiracy he's in, but nobody cares - the sleight of hand works.