Does Gravity Really Bend Light?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I recently ran across a guy that shows how what we believe to be gravitational lensing could actually be more readily attributable to the plasma atmosphere of the sun. And it does lead to the conclusion that gravitational acceleration may not be the root cause of the bending of light. We all see the lensing effect our own atmosphere has on both the sun and the moon, every day when these bodies are close to the horizon. If you have the time, listen to this guy as he gives a lecture on this alternate viewpoint.

Of course if this fact based veiwpoint is correct, it does suggest right away that John Titor's laser picture is debunked again, because gravity has no effect on light at all.

Earthmasque

Gravitation lensing is also observed around distant galaxies. Not likely to be due to any atmosphere around a galaxy, I'd say.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Gravitation lensing is also observed around distant galaxies. Not likely to be due to any atmosphere around a galaxy, I'd say.

According to this guy, it takes the presence of plasma in order to bend light. And he makes an impressive argument. I mean, can you really say there is no interstellar plasma? Take the time and listen to his argument. And the astronomical observable data he presents to support his argument too. Of course the part I like is that his argument debunks general relativity.

Carl Miller

The ABC on relativity by Einstein=

According to relativity; gravity is not a force; it's a warping of space-time (which is an amalgam of time and space) that happens in the presence of mass. The warping is analogous to the bending of a rubber sheet when a weight is placed on it.

1- When starlight passes near a massive body, such as the sun, the shortest route is a curve line that follows the curvature of space-time. Thus, the starlight appears to be coming from a different point than its actual origin. The observation of this effect in 1919 convinced physicists that Einsten's strange theory was right.

2- If a mass is concentrated enough, the curvature of space-time becomes infinite. This phenomenon is known as a black hole because a light beam that comes too close will never escape.

' Appropriated ' from google.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Carl Miller

I implore you to watch the video. This guy uses real verifiable facts that can easily be verified in a laboratory. Of course I expect his viewpoint to be suppressed. Wouldn't want the humans figuring out what gravity really was.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I will Einstein. I have always considered Einstein's theory incomplete, sort of simplistic, idk.

What I like about this is it totally dispels the belief in space-time. Space isn't curved. So time might actually be separate from space.

Earthmasque

According to this guy, it takes the presence of plasma in order to bend light. And he makes an impressive argument. I mean, can you really say there is no interstellar plasma? Take the time and listen to his argument. And the astronomical observable data he presents to support his argument too. Of course the part I like is that his argument debunks general relativity.
Einstein,
There certainly is plasma that is interstellar.

There is also plasma between us and the Sun.

So, why do we not see starlight bent in our solar system anywhere else but around the Sun, and only very near to the Sun, at that?

Not enough plasma elsewhere?

If that's the case, there is certainly not enough plasma around galaxies to bend light coming from behind them. The plasma between stars is absolutely less dense than the plasma between us and the Sun.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
The main focus of the above video was that no gravitational lensing has been found. The search continues.

The authors main focus was on the plasma atmosphere close to the sun. As with all mediums that light traverses, there is an index of refraction. That index of refraction would change with the density of a plasma. So more than likely the index of refraction drops to one, below a certain density.

Remember we all see the lensing effect our own atmosphere has on both the sun and the moon, every day when these bodies are close to the horizon. You could probably say that a large moon just rising on the horizon hasn't actually risen yet. Because of the index of refraction and the reflective index of our atmosphere. Our atmosphere acts like a lens. Magnifying and curving the path of light traversing through it.

So its not much of a stretch to apply the same principle to our sun behaving the same way with stars behind it. This would be real fact based science that we can demonstrate in a lab.

If that's the case, there is certainly not enough plasma around galaxies to bend light coming from behind them. The plasma between stars is absolutely less dense than the plasma between us and the Sun.

Consider the distance. I would think a lensing affect would be more noticeable from galaxies further away. In fact if you think about it, given an average interstellar plasma density just infinitesimally over one, might show up more noticeable from galaxies in a specific distance range away from us. Perhaps in the one billion to two billion light year range.

Also during the video there was a lot of star mapping going on in the center of our galaxy. Several stars would rapidly orbit in an ellipse around a very small center. Approaching speeds of 1/3 that of light. It is believed that a black hole exists at the focal point. Yet no lensing affect has been observed about this object. Even when an orbiting star clearly passed behind this object. It is believed that no interstellar plasma exists at all close to this object. This looks kind of like a fact based observation showing that no lensing affect is taking place. Of course they are assuming the presence of a black hole.