Does past still exist? Does future already exist?

SergiusPaulus

In order for the John Titor story to work, the past and future has to exist. John is from our future. He came to his past, at the time was our present and John’s new present. There are theories on the past and future existing such as block universe. Maybe new theories will develop.

Are there other time travel stories as strong as John Titors?

TimeFlipper

In order for the John Titor story to work, the past and future has to exist. John is from our future. He came to his past, at the time was our present and John’s new present. There are theories on the past and future existing such as block universe. Maybe new theories will develop.

Are there other time travel stories as strong as John Titors?
Yes, the past and the future does exist, but that in no way "proves" John Titor is real....

SergiusPaulus

If the past still exists can we send data to it, theoretically? Or if future already exists can we hypothetically send something to it? A theoretical tachyon is said to go backwards in time. Are there any theoretical particles that go ahead of time to the future?

Yeats

It is possible that there is no such thing as "the past" or "the future". It could be that all probable pasts and futures exist right now, along with what we call "the present" -- at least from an outside perspective.

In fact, it is actually the present which is illusory, because we do not experience an event at the precise moment which it happens, but only have a memory of it, even if the event happened only a few Planck-seconds ago.

Yeats

Try to see your consciousness as a kind of comet tracing a path through a set of static universes. The head of the comet is rather flattened out due to the universes in its path, while the comet's tail represents memory.

Atommix

I have made contact with unknown intelligence not many realities can say that but I can , the intelligence was a woman london accent and she visited me over two days ! She responded to my prayers she is not alone.

TimeFlipper

If the past still exists can we send data to it, theoretically? Or if future already exists can we hypothetically send something to it? A theoretical tachyon is said to go backwards in time. Are there any theoretical particles that go ahead of time to the future?

What type of data do you mean?

SergiusPaulus

Data as in binary code or signal of some type. A computer or electronic device somehow transmitting a signal to a receiver that exists in the recent past and the present. And somehow detect that reception as having happened in the past before the signal was sent.