Earth Battery Experiment

thenumbersix

Earth Battery Experiment

This seems like the most relevant place to post...Have been researching this for a while and have finally decided, by chance, to test it out.

Apparatus :

1 x Grotty old piece of Copper pipe (approx 5mm guage)
1 x Soft 'Iron' Bar (approx 8mm guage)
1 x Patch of Earth (in the garden)
1 x Brick / Hammer
1 x Hacksaw
1 x Mutimeter.

Was round my Dad's earlier rummaging through his workshop and questioning him on batteries, he's an electrician by trade, and found the two bits of pipe.

Came home and cut approx. 1 foot lengths (NB. Imperial measurement used, they are the proper way after all :)) and hammered them into the ground about 3 & 1/2 inches apart after scraping the sides to expose some clean metal.

I then poured a bit of vinegar and some coke inbetween the two and went a got the multimeter. Straight away am getting 0.82v that went up to 0.84v after ten minutes..

earth%20battery.jpg

This is obviously an early stage of trying this out but am impressed with the results so far. So more info I've found useful :

To increase the Current (or Amps) I need to increase the 'noble difference' by using different metals. The further apart on the chart the higher the amps. I intend to use copper and a graphite rod (doesn't seem to be on that chart but it was the most anodic on another one) :

GALVANIC CORROSION

As for increasing voltage, one cell (in this case the two bars) will create a maximum of 2v, apparently this is inherent in batteries. I intend to cut up some more pipes and connect them in series. ie. + on one cell to the - on the next cell.. In theory, if I can achieve 1.5v from each cell it will only take 8 cells (!6 bits of old pipe) to generate 12v. The amount of current I can get is going to be the interesting part...

Acidity of the soil, I suspect, is important, no doubt for a strong and regular voltage supply, wether this increases the voltage I am yet to see. Methods of increasing acidity in the soil are going to be natural so chucking old potato peel and any other waste that might be acidic, dregs of coke, orange skins might be useful. Anything corrosive should help, this process will work in water alone...

I am leaving overnight to see if this helps get the process going more, have connected the two sides together with some tin foil to keep the circuit. If the results aren't too disappointing in the morning will post a pic with the multimeter, was too dark and the flash was glaring off the screen....

Comments please, has anyone else tried this and had good results, failures etc...

And the source of this idea :

Alternate Energy And Our Future - n1 TimeBender

Timebender

Re: Earth Battery Experiment

Six,
Glad to find another junk box experimenter here. You are still using the galvanic effect to harness the energy. This is a valid and most reliable place to begin and I'm pleased to hear of your positive results. Along this line of experimentation, you can also use household bleach, Lye (sodium hydroxide drain cleaner) or any other caustic substance as you have found.

Let me tell you that I did a similar experiment in the middle of a drought. I needed to know if the earth battery was merely another method of galvanic ion transfer or if I could eliminate the ion transfer and still get juice. I burried a matrix of copper tubes in one area that was bone dry and then measured 32 feet (the distance arrived at by the amount of scrap wire on hand) and burried an aluminum tube assembly in another bone dry area. When I connected the voltmeter I was getting 15 volts @ 9 amps!

Much too far apart for a galvanic loop even if the ground was wet. I have a hypothesis about the phenomena but several issues still puzzle me. For one, moving the "pole" assemblies to other locations often barely produced half a volt and the current was negligable. (around 80ma) There were also diurnal fluctuations in the energy producing areas as well as a "phasing" with the lunar cycle.

This led to researching "telluric currents" and "geomancy" both of which can get a bit esoteric but much information can be gleaned if you are diligent.

Any way you can harness your own energy you should continue with and keep in mind that success often makes us complacent, but our failures create innovative solutions. Kudos to you and your experiments, keep us posted!
TB

thenumbersix

:woah: - impressive output.

I am well interested in the layout of your tubes etc. You must be tapping energy off from something else as, the way I've been told, each cell can only physically produce 2v, something inherent in the physics of the process itself.

A whole load of pipes connected together will still only make 1 anode, at one end, and one cathode at the other....So agreed the distance pretty much cancels out the galvanic method of electricity production as the juice would need to travel back and forth over the 32 ft to create a series circuit therefore would need to be extremely damp..

Going to read up on those methods... That is sure some reason to experiment further, n1.

thenumbersix

Didn't get time to extend the cells today or try the other method suggested by TimeBender. Real work getting in the way of my fun....

The single cell I do have has dropped back to 0.5v, this seems to be it's natural state for its' environment. Has been a very hot day so the soil is quite dry around it.

Though it did start to rise as soon as I put the voltmeter onto it, maybe the load is coaxing more out of it, need to get an LED onto it and see what happens over a longer period.

TB, I have been thinking about the telluric currents and your setup. Do you think it's possible that the constantly shifting magnetic fields of the Earth are acting as the 'motor' for the 'coils' (the pipe matricies) which is causing the voltage output ?

The lunar phasing led me to that outcome, yet the diurnal fluctuations suggests it may be influenced by the sun in some way, electromagnetic maybe, this is baffling and intruiging.

I have a fair stretch of garden and am going to plunder my Dads' scrap pile tomorrow and see what I can come up with....

My rough plan for it is this :

plan.jpg

I don't know why I'm gonna lay the pipes out in this manner, is just a hunch and somewhere to start.

Have been researching this and have found :

were both observed and described in great detail by Fr. Athanasius Kircher. His writings preserve an ancient knowledge which concerned itself wholly with the vitality of the earth. The metaphysical telluric currents were known to permeate the world, the energies which mediating vitality. Maps of telluric currents were the prized possessions of geomancers, permitting the knowledge of vitality control on earth. It is said that wars were fought by the selective elimination or exaltation of specific veinworks in the telluric circulatory system. The science of Geomancy thus formed the mysterious historical backdrop against which a wide variety of natural observations were subsequently made.

Ground Radio

This implies that some areas are better than others for extracting this energy, aside from the maps, I wonder if there are any ways of detecting these 'currents'. Maybe divining is a possible way. Am looking for one of these maps...

Another Ground Radio (More Detailed)

plan.jpg

Timebender

Going to read up on those methods... That is sure some reason to experiment further, n1.[/QUOTE]

Six,
You are correct that the 2V limitation is specific to galvanic cells. My arrays were several pipes insullated from each other in a 1"x 6" board. The distance between the arrays precludes a determination of galvanic ionization. The voltages only fell into the natural galvanic cell voltages in the worst areas.
TB

[B]"TB, I have been thinking about the telluric currents and your setup. Do you think it's possible that the constantly shifting magnetic fields of the Earth are acting as the 'motor' for the 'coils' (the pipe matricies) which is causing the voltage output ?"[/B]

Six, I think you are on nearly the same track as I was. keep doing your experiments and keep us posted. I have debated burying appropriate arrays around the house we're building but the potential for creating a galvanic circuit that would eventually eat away at zink coated structural members is very disturbing. I think I will rather dig a few deep trenches.

If you have seen Stubblefields patent, keep in mind that that it is not merely a simple galvanic configuration, but it's very structure lends one to wonder of the transformer properties of the coiled wires. This very type of "battery" is what Stubblefield used to light carbon arc lamps which require a large amount of current. The nine amps thyat I was pulling may have been adequate for small diameter electrodes though I never tried it.

As far as getting away from the traditional physics of galvanic resistances and ion exchange, do a search on bridge building and proper grounding. The actual galvanic potential of many bridges should be minimized due to the similar materials utilized uniformly throughout such a structure, yet there are numerous reports of lethal voltages being produced and often knocking workers on their butts until the energy could be drawn off through common means.

Many ham radio operators have had similar experience from their antennas and towers. The two volt threshold simply does not apply in many instances as you are sure to discover during your experiments just as I did.
TB

shane

That's interesting stuff you're doing. Any time I get a chance to build something, it turns into me blowing something up, intentionaly or otherwise. I'm far from an expert on Earth's electromagnetic fields, but it seems like your output would be quite inconsistent if it was being derived from them.

It would be interesting if you could measure said fields somehow to correlate the results. If that isn't possible, perhaps you and someone else could place arrays of the same design in distant areas, keeping moisture levels and soil acidity as close as possible, and see how the results vary. This would take a very controlled environment, I suppose, but it would be worth it.

For some reason, all of this makes me think of human magnetism in the literal sense.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/viewa...icle.php?id=127

thenumbersix

After reading the 'More Detailed' link above I'm starting to believe there is a lot more to this than is generally let on...

The art of the Geomantics of their time is something akin to dowsing. Although obviously there is something there as proven in practice, our 'best brains' shun it as a pseudo science.

I read that Marconi refused to use the, obviously superior, Ground Radio system because it would require these 'dowsers' to establish the best points for the telegraph stations, he was worried that this kind of PR would be bad for business and mainstream science could not establish a 'proper' method for doing this and helped ridicule the Geomancers.

It appears that our great impartial scientific community is not so impartial after all when they are budged out of the picture. I worry for our advancement when science is held back by material needs and greed.

I also worry for our science when it is hijacked by the type of people that are hijacking just about everything else in the world and actually seem to have very little scope for new concepts, just the means for boosting self and towing the line. In this case, as a race, we are already on the decline, good riddance I say !

:rantover:

Timebender

Six,
I'm impressed by Shanes idea of doing parallel experiments. If you're of a mind to, we could design a few experiments between us and I'll get back to the earth battery business. Let me know if you're interested and we can post all our results here.
TB
PS, Thanks for the idea Shane!

thenumbersix

In 1904, one experimenter rediscovered that the bioactivity of thriving trees can provide an astounding source of radiosignals, a method referred to as \"floraphony\". When connected to specific spots on tree trunks, the use of a simple nail probe resulted in the anomalous powerful reception of radiosignals from 18,000 miles distance (Squier).

From the more detailed link above...

This, indeed could be interesting :D

and some more on the Squier Experiment

<edit>Sorry, missing the point totally there... has been a very strange night... But, yeh definitely, what do you suggest as a starting point. One thing I have been looking for is a means to detect 'live' areas, I think dowsing is the answer to this ?</edit>

shane

You guys have given me some great ideas, but I felt it would be wrong of me to post them in the hard science forum. Please check out my thread on ancient electromagnetic field alteration (http://www.timetravelforum.net/showthread.php?t=2062) and tell me what you think.

Thanks for the ideas, and keep us posted on these experiments. I, for one, will be following them closely.