Eat Chocolate for BP.

SergiusPaulus

I had heard that chocolate had healthy benefits. This article discusses its effect on high blood pressure. I wonder if Hershey, Pennsylvania has fewer cases of high blood pressure. That’s home of the Hershey chocolate company. I hear you can smell chocolate in the air there.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
A lot of dark chocolate has caffeine, though, and can make palpatations worse.

Beholder

In Finland, we use pure cacao as a spice in pottridge. Eating a bar of chocolate however, is around 50% saturated fat, which clogged the blood vessels for my grampa who ate chocolate often. He was saved because a bird pooped on his food while he was eating outside, which caused the doctors to also discover his cancer. So I guess chocolate kills you and bird poo is healthy. :unsure:

Beholder

I suppose the benefits are maybe more in the cocoa than actual chocolate Candy.
Yes, the processed sugar they usually add will raise blood pressure and destabilize glucose level.
Figure-1-Blood-Sugar-Response-Curves.gif

A mix of wholegrain is better as carbohydrates, which is why I eat cookies from five types of grain when I need a snack. Belvita Duo Crunch has the right taste, just not a recyclable packaging when they mix plastic with metal.

Mayhem

Zenith
Maybe im on the right track for sweets i only really eat dark chocolate, better get some more :)