Electric cars

HDRKID

Right now less than one percent of the vehicles on the road are electric and for good reason. Charging stations are rare.

The State of Electric Vehicle Adoption in the U.S.

My prediction is that in 2025 less than 10% of cars on the road in USA will be electric cars. Notice that I do not include hybrids like a Chevy volt or a plug in prius. I am talking about an all electric car that does not use gas.

Tesla Led The Charge, But More Premium Electric Vehicles Are Arriving

I know that gas prices are going up. Here are some photos I took a few minutes ago.

gas243_pic.jpg

gas_wide_pic.jpg

I was paying as low as $2.23 a few days ago and the price will probably go over $2.50 soon. That said, I predict that less than 10% of the cars on the road will be electric in six years.

geo5

It's closer to 5% electric cars already where I am

TimeFlipper

The key to selling anything, is to make it affordable, we already know the features and benefits of electric cars :)..
The actual charging up of the vehicles could be made simpler by having every gas station supplied with basic 110 or 240 volt outputs, therefore Mr Tesla or anyone else manufacturing electric cars, would provide each car with the normal 3 pin plug fitted to it :cool:..

Last edited:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
The key to selling anything, is to make it affordable, we already know the features and benefits of electric cars :)..
The actual charging up of the vehicles could be made simpler by having every gas station supplied with basic 110 or 240 volt outputs, therefore Mr Tesla or anyone else manufacturing electric cars, would provide each car with the normal 3 pin plug fitted to it :cool:..

I agree. Any time there is new technology, like electric cars, they have to put a super high price tag on the stuff so only the rich can afford it!
How can we keep the environment clean if only the rich have access to the technology?

Now, I heard Volkswagen now has 100% electric cars, but I'm sure they cost a pretty penny. Does anyone know?

There are many charging stations in Florida and more popping up all the time, like in grocery store parking lots.

JackStagger

I'd like to see hydrogen-electric cars get somewhere, but doubt they will. Electric only is probably a better idea all the same. Electric cars are actually bad for the environment due to the vital materials which have dangerous manufacturing or procurement processes, needed for the batteries and other electrical components. People only care because it would be cheaper to operate and/or they like the social jewellery aspect of new cars and the appearance of altruism, they are not in fact helping the environment at all. I hope this will change, obviously.

HDRKID

Some analysts believe Tesla cars will be a success.
Tesla sets a record for sales, and its stock jumps 7%

Others feel that failure is near.
Tesla's Unhappy Birthday: Here's Why Its Days May Be Numbered

I think that Elon Musk is a genius. However, I know an automobile mechanic that was learning about hybrids and he sees few repairs. Most people who I know that have electric cars are retired and only need to go one mile to the grocery. They use to ride a bike, but not longer have the energy.

Please remember that electric cars are expensive. Also, they have limited range. I do believe that there will be more electric cars in 2025 than now. However, I do not see widespread adoption like cell phones or video streaming services.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I'd like to see hydrogen-electric cars get somewhere, but doubt they will. Electric only is probably a better idea all the same. Electric cars are actually bad for the environment due to the vital materials which have dangerous manufacturing or procurement processes, needed for the batteries and other electrical components. People only care because it would be cheaper to operate and/or they like the social jewellery aspect of new cars and the appearance of altruism, they are not in fact helping the environment at all. I hope this will change, obviously.

And getting rid of old batteries...... they don't just magically go away!

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I think that Elon Musk is a genius. However, I know an automobile mechanic that was learning about hybrids and he sees few repairs. Most people who I know that have electric cars are retired and only need to go one mile to the grocery. They use to ride a bike, but not longer have the energy.

A genius in many aspects except money management.

SensitiveAbility

I myself would never get into an electric car self-driving cars anything like that, these things are all ran by computers okay so sit there and think about it. We see how computers get glitches at times they fly out or even better yet how easily hacked they can be so electric cars run on energy and computers we already seen that some hackers have been already able to hack cars with computers in it so say you're driving down the road you're like oh 3 400 miles from nowhere you ran out of electricity to run it yeah same thing can be said for gas but at least you can run on gas fumes.