Electric cars?

HDRKID

I have predicted that we are NOT going to see mass adoption in the near future, and here is one more reason. That would be that we have no excess power as in zero. Frankly, we would have to build hundreds of nuclear power plants to have a carbon neutral future and I do not see that taking place, but here is more news.

Basically, we do not have enough power now. Less than 1% of the cars on the street are electric and that number is projected to increase. Do the math, we cannot with our current power grid support 30-40% electric cars. To do so we would need to build power plants like crazy. The future I see is more TAXES as well as more excuses.

walt willis

At some time in the near future the government may allow the super secret electric technology to be released to the general dumb public?
Not only will we see many more electric car, but there will be electric flying cars as well!

TimeFlipper

I have predicted that we are NOT going to see mass adoption in the near future, and here is one more reason. That would be that we have no excess power as in zero. Frankly, we would have to build hundreds of nuclear power plants to have a carbon neutral future and I do not see that taking place, but here is more news.

Basically, we do not have enough power now. Less than 1% of the cars on the street are electric and that number is projected to increase. Do the math, we cannot with our current power grid support 30-40% electric cars. To do so we would need to build power plants like crazy. The future I see is more TAXES as well as more excuses.

With the latest batteries and along with fast charging technology, i believe presently we have more than sufficient electricity available to charge up electric cars that use far less energy than does an average washing machine on a single cycle of wash drain rinse and spin dry...

NaturalPhilosopher

fast charging tech or superbatteries doesn't change the amount of electricity needed to run a car.
the main load of a car is overcoming wind resistance.
stick ur head out of a car and you'll see.

no way the power grid can handle charging 100million cars.
it's barely functional right now.

hdrkid is right
of course electric cars would work fine on the power grid with new plants

Last edited:

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
I had a conversation with someone about this the other day. They said "What's wrong with everyone driving electric cars?' Nothing, if we didn't depend on power plants to generate the electricity. I don't think most people think of these things because they can't see it in front of their faces, the way they can see smoke from a car exhaust. You simply plug into an outlet and that's all there is to it! :p

NaturalPhilosopher

I had a conversation with someone about this the other day. They said "What's wrong with everyone driving electric cars?' Nothing, if we didn't depend on power plants to generate the electricity. I don't think most people think of these things because they can't see it in front of their faces, the way they can see smoke from a car exhaust. You simply plug into an outlet and that's all there is to it!
yup we're in retard america now

TimeFlipper

fast charging tech or superbatteries doesn't change the amount of electricity needed to run a car.
the main load of a car is overcoming wind resistance.
stick ur head out of a car and you'll see.

no way the power grid can handle charging 100million cars.
it's barely functional right now.

hdrkid is right
of course electric cars would work fine on the power grid with new plants
100 million people do not charge up their cars all at the same time silly boy, and as for wind resistance we dont use the old fashioned wind tunnel to measure wind resistance anymore, we use computers that are far more aerodynamically superior....Why would anybody want to stick their heads out of car windows just to prove a dangerously silly point :LOL:?...I get the feeling you never even learned how to drive a car my old buddy :fp:..