Elephants afraid of mice

HDRKID

Here is an old myth for you. Well, guess what, myth busters proves this one. I can say amazing. After all, we never did believe in this one. Logic would tell us that a gigantic elephant is not going to be afraid of a tiny little mouse. :)

BlastTyrant

i'm 5'10 250 pounds and if i see a tiny little spider "except daddy long legs" i will go out of my way to walk 10 feet away from the creepy little thing,.

TnWatchdog

i'm 5'10 250 pounds and if i see a tiny little spider "except daddy long legs" i will go out of my way to walk 10 feet away from the creepy little thing,.
I agree...Once a year I walk into a web on the porch that has a spider about the size of a silver dollar in the middle. Perfect aim for the spider as my face hits it bull's eye. Freaks me out almost as much as when I was cleaning out a junk box and a mouse ran up my pants leg...Now that is a weird feeling for sure. I was in my teens then but I haven't liked mice since. I would be like the elephants and stay clear of these monsters for sure!

Creepy they may be but most aren't really harmful to us. They serve a purpose and eat other bugs that would multiple if not for spiders. And actually if they had bigger fangs daddy long legs would be dangerous because of their venom is quite posionous. Just some food for thought. Love and Light Vamp1r3Goddess ;)

BlastTyrant

Creepy they may be but most aren't really harmful to us. They serve a purpose and eat other bugs that would multiple if not for spiders. And actually if they had bigger fangs daddy long legs would be dangerous because of their venom is quite posionous. Just some food for thought. Love and Light Vamp1r3Goddess ;)
I recall hearing on the radio this morning "ironically fits this subject perfectly" that there was a island that had snakes introduced to it and over time they wiped out the population of birds on the island and the birds where the only prey the spiders had so in return the spiders basically took over the island, ugh gives me the shivers thinking about it.

Spiders Take Control as Birds Fade From Guam – News Watch
Here is a quick article close to the story i heard on the radio.

TnWatchdog

Th
I recall hearing on the radio this morning "ironically fits this subject perfectly" that there was a island that had snakes introduced to it and over time they wiped out the population of birds on the island and the birds where the only prey the spiders had so in return the spiders basically took over the island, ugh gives me the shivers thinking about it.

Spiders Take Control as Birds Fade From Guam – News Watch
Here is a quick article close to the story i heard on the radio.
Blast...you need to use some vacation time and take care of those spiders. Show them who the boss is...and keep them out of that beard!

Just my point exactly i was trying to make about the ecobalance of everything. When one is out of balance it can cause problems. being on an island i can see that happening but not in a different habitat. we need the spiders to eat all the pesky bugs that would overpopulate quickly if we didnt have them Like flies for example. And snakes it is good we have them or we would have an overpopulation of mice. So everything in nature has a balance and a purpose. Love and Light Vamp1r3Goddess :D